What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How dedicated a Raiders supporter are you?

greeneyed

First Grade
I also have saved every Raiders semi final appearance on video since 1987. I would like to transfer them all to DVD now, but I suspect that will be expensive.

greeneyed

First Grade
BTW, Bay, I don't wear a lot of Raiders gear. Just the cap and the scarf that they gave us this season. I had thought those scarfs were stupid, but actually they are really warm.

azza

Juniors
greeneyed, if you have the right computer equipment it could be relatively easy. I know that's what I have done.

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
BTW, Bay, I don't wear a lot of Raiders gear. Just the cap and the scarf that they gave us this season. I had thought those scarfs were stupid, but actually they are really warm.

Dont you have a Raiders top ??? .... anyway there wasnt a lot of people in the stand. I scanned over with the binocs but could not confrim a sighting ... maybe next week.

Yep the scarf is not not bad ..... have you ever tried putting the pocket on the scarf on your head and letting the scarf drape behind your back :) :lol: :)

greeneyed

First Grade
No, Bay... I am a pretty sad case... I eat my M&Ms in groups... but I have never worn my scarf like that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
Tidus_Raider said:
In 1994 when I was still a young'n and we made the grand final I made my own match day program.

What does that involve?

BTW... Quinny... I imagine you are already pretty jealous of this thread.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

azza

Juniors
greeneyed... you'd basically need a TV tuner card (not too expensive nowadays, can get decent ones for around $100) which you can send your VCR signal to, RF cable but the most expensive thing would be the DVD writer. It's not a problem for me because all the new machines come with DVD writers and I use it a fair bit but I don't know whether you have a new machine or not

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay.... what happens with Mrs Bay 56 if the Raiders miss the semi finals? What happens in the off season?

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I have mentioned this before, but I think it is a very good test. When I eat M&Ms, I separate out all the colours, so I can eat the green, blue and yellow ones together.... Raiders colours.... and then I separate out all the other colours so there are no other team colours eaten together.

I think this is a very good test for deciding how dedicated a Raiders supporter you are.

In the last 4 days, I have bought the 89/90/94 Grand Final DVD pack, '87 commemorative jersey and the reconciliation jersey, as well as giving up my entire Sunday to travel down for a game that we were only ever a 1% chance of winning.

Raider Azz

Bench
jed said:
greeneyed said:
I have mentioned this before, but I think it is a very good test. When I eat M&Ms, I separate out all the colours, so I can eat the green, blue and yellow ones together.... Raiders colours.... and then I separate out all the other colours so there are no other team colours eaten together.

I think this is a very good test for deciding how dedicated a Raiders supporter you are.

In the last 4 days, I have bought the 89/90/94 Grand Final DVD pack, '87 commemorative jersey and the reconciliation jersey, as well as giving up my entire Sunday to travel down for a game that we were only ever a 1% chance of winning.
Yeah, OK, so you're rich. We get it already. No need to brag about it :roll: :p :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
jed said:
greeneyed said:

Yeah, OK, so you're rich. We get it already. No need to brag about it :roll: :p :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Jed... you are home already!?

Yeah, my friends were so upset that they wanted to leave about 10 minutes before the end of the game - I managed to stall them for about 5 minutes, but we drove straight back to Sydney. Got home just before 8.