What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do Dragon's fans feel about Bennett?

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think any Broncos fan was upset to see the back of Boyd...and no one cared about Emmett.

If there was any side Brisbane fans were frustrated with that season it would have been the Bulldogs who poached 4 of our players.

Fingerbang

Bench
I would be more interested in seeing how the Knights fans feel about a 32 year old Beau Scott playing NSW Cup for them in 2016, and paying him a bit less than half a million to do it.

Good luck to Beau.....he did well to get a 4 year deal worth somewhere between $1.4mil and $1.8mil.

drago brelli

Bench
The working man's game is now big business, unforunate but that's the way of the world. St.George fans in Sydney can rest assured that down here in the Illawarra there's plenty of young and talented players waiting for their chance. When we see them run out we are proud to call the team St.George/Illawarra. Last week there was 10 Illawarra juniors in the 17. Hope they go better this week.

rnb11

Juniors
i'd also like to point out that basically all of our depth is also home grown, with a few exceptions like Korbin Sims, Kyle O'Donnell, Evarn Tuimavave and Kev Naiqama (these are the only 4 that i can pick off the top of my head).

Exactly, half the starting team are Knights juniors, throw in Tyrone Roberts, Stig, Tetevano, the Mata'utia brothers, Rochow, Adams, Anderson, Cook, Mason, Will Smith, Wade - all Newy boys with bright futures. Then they have some of Australias best under 18s who won the SG Ball comp last year and absolutely dominating the Toyota Cup so far, so is their NSW Cup team so if people want to question their juniors and rookies they're only going to look like fools because Tinkler and Bennett will keep the best of the crop and sign from outside when needed which is what every club should be doing.

LESStar58

Referee
serious question, no intent on trolling..

just wondering, he brang your club a premiership which most of you seem forever grateful for, on the other hand he's poached some of your better players

how do you feel about him?

Welcome to the business that is rugby league. That's all it is.

There seems to be a lot of kerfuffle over Beau Scott and James Maloney hence all the talk about a draft. The ARLC will look at options to combat the player transfer issue. I reckon they reintroduce the anti tampering deadline. not in favor of an NRL draft.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
unfortunately as the days go by, i'm losing more and more respect for the man..

he once stood for results, integrity and a man of his word..

unfortunately, all i see left at the moment are his results... and i have some serious doubts that he'll get there at newcastle.. he's chased the $$$ and not the opportunity.

Spot On

Coach
unfortunately as the days go by, i'm losing more and more respect for the man..

he once stood for results, integrity and a man of his word..

unfortunately, all i see left at the moment are his results... and i have some serious doubts that he'll get there at newcastle.. he's chased the $$$ and not the opportunity.

...and yet so many in the Dragon's forum swore black and blue that he would never go to Newcastle for the money as he was already being well paid. They argued that Bennett isn't in it for money. Hmmm. Someone is certainly being well paid at the Drags as can be seen by the clubs inability to retain players they rate. Now, who is it that is getting all the coin???????

bottle

Coach
[/B]

...and yet so many in the Dragon's forum swore black and blue that he would never go to Newcastle for the money as he was already being well paid. They argued that Bennett isn't in it for money. Hmmm. Someone is certainly being well paid at the Drags as can be seen by the clubs inability to retain players they rate. Now, who is it that is getting all the coin???????
Really, who are the 'so many' exactly? How would the 'so many' know what he was being paid, or offered to go elsewhere? There's a few I'll grant you that talk out of their arse as if they know things they don't, but they're an imbecile minority.

Speaking of which, how would you know who Saints do or don't rate, and how much they think is a fair thing to pay? Don't mistake the hysteria of some uninformed fans for the attitude or approach of management.

gUt

Coach
[/B]

Gasnier!

Spot On

Coach
Really, who are the 'so many' exactly? How would the 'so many' know what he was being paid, or offered to go elsewhere? There's a few I'll grant you that talk out of their arse as if they know things they don't, but they're an imbecile minority.

Speaking of which, how would you know who Saints do or don't rate, and how much they think is a fair thing to pay? Don't mistake the hysteria of some uninformed fans for the attitude or approach of management.

You have little idea.

Go to the Dragon's forum and search the Bennett leaving threads from last season. Plenty argued that he was not about money, that he would never leave for Newcastle and that he was on shit loads already at St George and he had been for years. You will definitely find your answer there. And yes there are plenty who "talk out of their arse" in there.

Doust has said, from his own mouth, he wanted to keep Beau Scott. I'll assume from those words that the Dragons rated him. That's of course, if he isn't another Dragon who just "talks out of his arse".

Next.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
How do Dragon's fans feel about Bennett?

dummyspit.gif

:lol:

bottle

Coach
You have little idea.

Go to the Dragon's forum and search the Bennett leaving threads from last season. Plenty argued that he was not about money, that he would never leave for Newcastle and that he was on shit loads already at St George and he had been for years. You will definitely find your answer there. And yes there are plenty who "talk out of their arse" in there.

Doust has said, from his own mouth, he wanted to keep Beau Scott. I'll assume from those words that the Dragons rated him. That's of course, if he isn't another Dragon who just "talks out of his arse".

Next.

So in other words you can't say who the so many are, and Beau Scott='players'. As I thought.
Thanks

Latest posts