What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do Dragon's fans feel about Bennett?

blaza88z

Coach
serious question, no intent on trolling..

just wondering, he brang your club a premiership which most of you seem forever grateful for, on the other hand he's poached some of your better players

how do you feel about him?

adamkungl

Immortal
imma go with bringed :lol:

As a complete neutral, I can confidently say that Bennett has gone up several notches in my book based on his professional conduct since joining Newcastle.

Jono1987

Juniors
I'll always be grateful for what he did to transform our club and obviously the Premiership. When he took Boyd, Cuthbertson and McKinnon I wasn't worried, concerned or annoyed because that is part and parcel of our even competition. Now securing Scott and potentially King? That worries me no end.

I read in an article today that we couldn't match the offer put forward by the Knights for Scott. I have no idea how that could be possible with our turnover and lack of star recruitment...

2010Dragons

Bench
He came, he saw, he fixed, he left...
He gave us what we wanted and took what we needed.
Zero feeling now.

Canard

Immortal
Ain't the issue more to do with the current club officials ability to keeped staff.

I mean they brang Boyd and Fien fromed the Broncos and Cowboys, good bringing that.

Why not try to keeped there current players more?

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
So far the Dragons fans responding here have been fair and measured. But you don't have to look far to see the fans who aren't either of those. As pointed out to me by Packy, the sort of posters that when Bennett recruited them for the Dragons it was because the players wanted to "play under the best". Now when players leave to join him elsewhere, it's time to shit on the great man's name.

woodley_11

Juniors
It doesn't seem too ethical and I was upset at first, even more so recently when Scott left with C. King on the verge, especially given that he said that he wouldn't tear our club apart (I think he is using the draft/trade window debate to distract people away from this) But we can't hate and expect him to look after us while he is at a different club now. Just have to focus on ourselves and making sure we are doing what we can to keep our players. He will always go down favourably in the clubs history though I believe.

Bench
Ain't the issue more to do with the current club officials ability to keeped staff.

I mean they brang Boyd fromed the Broncos and Cowboys, good bringing that.

Why not try to keeped there current players more?
What the?

Canard

Immortal
Don't know what your trying to brang to the thread 851?

Im using perfectly cromulent words and grammar.

blaza88z

Coach
I think in his press conference how he went on about everyone else doing it..that answer he came up with was absolute bullshit and the media person who asked the question would be entitled to ask the same question and get a truthful answer

not "everyone" is poaching the better players, if it was 1 or 2 players.. sure I could understand that but it's turning into a lot more, it's more then just a coincidence, I don't care how good a coach he is, it's wrong what he's doing and no draft in the world is going to stop this from taking place if it was to ever happen again

gUt

Coach
What club/coach/agent/player doesn't use the system to their best advantage?

EDIT: Apart from Parra, obviously.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's filling some glaring holes at the Knights with his recruitment and he doesn't care what effect it has on them this season. He's ruthless and he wants to win. He can't win anything with what he's got this year, so he's already looking forward. They just don't have the talent up there at present.

As he said, its diabolical, but thats the world we live in.

In response to what the OP was asking - well, he brang the shit out of every trophy in the game...and then he moved on. Thanks Wayne. See ya.

Wonder if he'll cop the same headlines as Brian Smith did when he did the same thing that Bennetts doing?

cleary89

Coach
Beau Scott was always going to leave. Most thought it was parra, but its Newcastle instead. Meh.

Boyd isn't a local junior. He had no love of the club, you see Soward get up and make a V. Boyd is a tosser from what I've seen of him.

Cuthbo we had for a year, Bennett made him so he can have him. Mckinnon meh.

King is a bit worrying though.

Would rather know in round 2 that Beau is going then the speculation happening every week for the next 5 months.

Latest posts