What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you eat your Weetbix?

roopy

Referee
They aren't bad with peanut butter - which might not be too unhealthy if you go easy on the peanut butter a bit.

IanG

Coach
I crush them up and soak them in milk and then a little sugar to taste (or honey sometimes)

JoeD

First Grade
I used to love cream on weetbix when i was a kid - milk often had a bit of cream on the top in those days - dollop of cold cream on hot weetbix - bloody beautiful - but not the healthiest.

in my house there was always 4 open milk bottles because everyone wanted the cream off the top rather than finishing the old bottle.

aqua_duck

Coach
No offence to anyone but isn't adding a tonne of sugar kind of defeating the purpose, that being having a healthy breakfast?

simmo1

First Grade
Normally with warm milk and sugar, although sometimes I add a few spoons of Milo instead of sugar.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Battered and deep fried with some cream on the side for dipping, washed down with three diet cokes.

petetheileet

First Grade
^^SICK^^

21 years of the bix, milk and sugar, in the microwave for an instant cook then in the belly

Been going with microwaving the milk, then adding Golden Syrup (got some that I need to get rid of). Thats been going alright. Been eating them since the weekend and they no longer make me gag so I must be doing something right.

Will switch to Honey when the Golden Syrup runs out.

Didgi

with a bit of milk, a heap of honey and some sugar. Sometimes strawberries and yoghurt if i feel like it. First one kinda defeats the purpose though.

Martli

Coach
Here's my method developed over years of weetbix consumption. Note: I no longer eat wheetbix due to my breakfast habits constantly chaninging.

Ingredients:
Weetbix (Whatever your prefered number of bix is)
Banana
Milk (Low fat)

Equipment:
Bowl
Spoon
Knife
Microwave
Mouth and Digestive system

Step 1: Determine how many bix are to be consumed, I like about 5, but 3 is usually plenty. This determines the amount of milk needed.

Step 2: Put milk in the bowl, this isn't a precise science, but more of an art. Before doing this read all steps in this process and decide how much milk to use from there. Adjust the amount of milk untill you get your prefered amount.

Step 3: Heat milk in microwave. Do not overheat, I like to get it to the point just before a skin starts to form. Warm, but not hot.

Step 4: Soak weetbix in the Milk for about 2sec. Let each individual "bix" absorb the heated milk, but not for too long. Too long and it will turn to mush, we don't want that, we want it to be wet but not soaking. Be sure to remove from the vicinity of the bowl of milk after soaking, perhaps into another bowl, although I tend to rest mine on the spoon. Repeat this step for each different bix.

Step 5: Drink the excess milk, warm milk is niiiice.

Step 6: With your not-mushy-but-soaked weetbix in a bowl, cut up a banana on top of your weetbix.

Step 7: Consume with a spoon.