What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you feel about being favourites for the Spoon

Seth Gecko

Juniors
Hey Raiders fans........I recon you're being hard on your chances for next year. I'm a huge Manly fan and will be there deathriding you round one at Brookie but the raiders wont get the spoon. I think your roster looks ok. With Smith and afew of your good young blokes around.....not a chance. The spoon will once again go to the bunnies.... as they traditionally suck and have bought noone to change that.
Canberra are my second team..........prob the only team I dont have anything against (as a Manly fan thats rare). No spoon for the raiders in 2006. I recon you'll be in the running into the last rounds. Hope the Eagles are as well.

I also hope you start slow.........like a freakin' shocking first round at Brookie. *s*

ed bbay

Juniors
we all want to talk our own team up but please be realistic we wont make the 8 .
hopefully we wont win the spoon .
if u cant name 8 teams better then us you are the worlds biggest liars .
i love the raiders but im big enough to admit 8 other teams will have the goods on us in 06 .
to name my 8 teams better than us 1 dogs
in no particular order 2 roosters
3 tigers
4 storm
5 cowboys
6 parra
7 st geo
8 broncos

effnic

Bench
Raiders WONT get the spoon there are much worse teams in the comp. But as seth says i really hope round 1 goes absolutly terrible for you and i wish you best of luck the rest of the way unless we meet in a finals round which the terrible rule comes into play again. Oh and edbbay storm will not be that high up next year we have stolen all there good players :D i seriously think they will finish below you guys.

ed bbay said:
we all want to talk our own team up but please be realistic we wont make the 8 .
i love the raiders but im big enough to admit 8 other teams will have the goods on us in 06 .
3 tigers
4 storm
5 cowboys
6 parra
7 st geo
8 broncos

You could have named more than 8 teams better than the Tigers before the start of last season.

This is a season of NRL. Any team can win the comp. Whoe knows, our new forward pack of tom LL, Tilse and Thurling could be the start of one of the great forward packs of the future, Todd Carney may be on fire, Jason Smith may play every game of the season. Who knows. Some times some teams just click for the season like the tigers did. We were close to playing in a grand final in 2003 and i tipped us to miss the 8. You can not predict with any certainty where a team will finish in a NRL season, especially with the salary cap restrictions.

I am confident we can be a top 8/ top 4 side this year

Raider Azz

Bench
ed bbay said:
3 tigers
4 storm
5 cowboys
6 parra
7 st geo
8 broncos
i stopped reading when you put the bulldogs in first

dubby

Bench
Raider Ultra said:
We're f*cking sh*t, just quitely. Never have I been so downcast before a season.

You may be pleasently surprised then. All we need is a bit of luck with injuries.
Like its been mentioned, the Tigers were tipped to be down the bottom this year. Anything is possible.

aussies1st

Staff member
I'm confident that our new forward pack will produce the goods. If we can get our handling skills up, stop the silly penalties we will go well this year. And of course minimum injuries.

effnic

Bench
Whats going on with the raiders injuries anyway will your full squad be ready for 06 or what.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
is the team being conditioned properley it seems to me over the past couple of seasons that we come out of the box really strongly and by midway thorugh the season we hit the wall and limp home.

ed bbay

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
You could have named more than 8 teams better than the Tigers before the start of last season.

This is a season of NRL. Any team can win the comp. Whoe knows, our new forward pack of tom LL, Tilse and Thurling could be the start of one of the great forward packs of the future, Todd Carney may be on fire, Jason Smith may play every game of the season. Who knows. Some times some teams just click for the season like the tigers did. We were close to playing in a grand final in 2003 and i tipped us to miss the 8. You can not predict with any certainty where a team will finish in a NRL season, especially with the salary cap restrictions.

I am confident we can be a top 8/ top 4 side this year

your words have got me so inspired i think we ll win the comp 4 sure now

Sully

Juniors
Last year was a freak year in the NRL.

Yes, the salary cap has bought the comp closer but this year similar to the end of last year you will see the break away teams by round 6-7.

And unfortunatley will will not be running with them.

Form was disgracefull late last year, the raiders need to have a more looser type of game where they try tricky things experiment with passing like those tigers and have some stamina in there.'
Thats the thing i see missing is stamina and real compassion in the gersay.
Lets bring on the youngsters and try having carney start or withers again

Edwahu

Bench
I dont think we will get the spoon because either

A) Elliot wakes up to himself and does a good enough job to win us a few games and is re-signed as a result

or

B) Elliot continues to stink the joint up, gets sacked mid-season and the players pull their fingers out to impress the new coach.

I guess there is still C) Elliot stinks the joint up but management dont care about winning and re-sign him anyway, but I dont want to think about that.