What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you rate the Knights 97 Premsiership?

Knigts premiership 97?

• Total voters

Green Machine

First Grade
just a terrible shame raiders crowds are now smaller than brumbies crowds ffs...

you got any idea why this happened?? dunno why more people would rather watch the yawnion in canberra...
Let me tell you Turdy Lite. Those attendance figures for Brumby home games are going down faster than Gareth Thomas at Union team bonding session.

Tell me, when are you going to log back on as cutie?

Green Machine

First Grade
Pretty sad you have to keep referring to the 1989 Grand Final all the time. Must be sh*t being a Canberra fan.
No, not at all. 1994 was a favourite as well.
I honestly feel sad for you guys trying to kick all this bad culture in your club,

Green Machine

First Grade
if it was so big how come only 2 or 3 thousand odd used to turn up to watch the likes of teams steeped in tradition like the Hunter Mariners and Adelaide Rams play? Guess Reggies must have been more interesting ;-)
I don't know where you got the 2 or 3k from. The Rams averaged over 15k at home in 1997,

Fraser

Let me tell you Turdy Lite. Those attendance figures for Brumby home games are going down faster than Gareth Thomas at Union team bonding session.

Tell me, when are you going to log back on as cutie?

yer mate no surprise to me, yawnion is dieing in its arse. those brumbies dont know what they are missing out on with the rugby league

I just can't stop cracking up when I picture big chief Harrogan crying tears of jubilation for that roid influenced half a premiership. Ahh 1997 what a great year that was. Robbie O's performance was just wow. He must of really needled up well before that game. MacDougall's roid rage stomp on Toovey's head...what a grand final moment. They were gone off that HGH.

MSIH

Bench
No, not at all. 1994 was a favourite as well.
I honestly feel sad for you guys trying to kick all this bad culture in your club,

Since when's a winning culture a bad culture. 5 straight finals series and a Premiership chucked in.

Combined comp, Manly still have Ridge instead of that Nevin neville. Probably win the GF by 18+. But it didn't happen that way and Newcastle got the win.

Half a comp though, and if Manly did win it wouldn't mean as much as the others. Still f**ken hurt at the time though.

big country

Juniors
I don't know where you got the 2 or 3k from. The Rams averaged over 15k at home in 1997,

you may wish to double check the record books - just looking at these 2 teams shows many crowd figures where only 2 0r 3 thousand people turned up - why do you think they lost $1bil in the only year

Green Machine

First Grade
you may wish to double check the record books -
I don’t know what books you are looking at. Here are the Rams home crowd figures for 1997:
Adelaide Rams V Hunter Mariners Adelaide Oval 27,435
Adelaide Rams V Perth Reds 27-Mar Adelaide Oval 16,294
Adelaide Rams V Brisbane Broncos13-Apr Adelaide Oval 17,633
Adelaide Rams V North Queensland Cowboys 2-May Adelaide Oval 15,970
Adelaide Rams V Canterbury Bulldogs 23-May Adelaide Oval 15,022
Adelaide Rams V Canberra Raiders 1-Jun Adelaide Oval 13,894
Adelaide Rams V Auckland Warriors 11-Jul Adelaide Oval 13,278
Adelaide Rams V Cronulla Sharks 8-Aug Adelaide Oval 7,231
Adelaide Rams V Penrith Panthers 22-Aug Adelaide Oval 11,211

just looking at these 2 teams shows many crowd figures where only 2 0r 3 thousand people turned up - why do you think they lost $1bil in the only year

A $1b in one year? I don’t know where you got the $1b figure from. Please quote where you got it from. I wouldn’t cry too much. News Ltd a fairly hefty payment from Telstra when the hybrid network was halted in the capital cities,

Green Machine

First Grade
Since when's a winning culture a bad culture. 5 straight finals series and a Premiership chucked in.
Sounds a bit like the defence the West Coast Eagles winning culture
Combined comp, Manly still have Ridge instead of that Nevin neville. Probably win the GF by 18+. But it didn't happen that way and Newcastle got the win.
Come on? Shannon Nevin didn’t cost them the 1997 Optus whats-his-name. They had Ridge at the back when they choked against the Dogs in 1995. The only reason Manly won in 1996 was because the Dragons over achieved to make the Grand Final.
Half a comp though, and if Manly did win it wouldn't mean as much as the others. Still f**ken hurt at the time though.
I worked with bloke who was Manly fan and went to the game. The next day he came in and said he was happy that Newcastle won. It was the strangest response I’d ever heard

big country

Juniors
I don’t know what books you are looking at. Here are the Rams home crowd figures for 1997:
Adelaide Rams V Hunter Mariners Adelaide Oval 27,435
Adelaide Rams V Perth Reds 27-Mar Adelaide Oval 16,294
Adelaide Rams V Brisbane Broncos13-Apr Adelaide Oval 17,633
Adelaide Rams V North Queensland Cowboys 2-May Adelaide Oval 15,970
Adelaide Rams V Canterbury Bulldogs 23-May Adelaide Oval 15,022
Adelaide Rams V Canberra Raiders 1-Jun Adelaide Oval 13,894
Adelaide Rams V Auckland Warriors 11-Jul Adelaide Oval 13,278
Adelaide Rams V Cronulla Sharks 8-Aug Adelaide Oval 7,231
Adelaide Rams V Penrith Panthers 22-Aug Adelaide Oval 11,211

A $1b in one year? I don’t know where you got the $1b figure from. Please quote where you got it from. I wouldn’t cry too much. News Ltd a fairly hefty payment from Telstra when the hybrid network was halted in the capital cities,

i did say 'crowds', not 'home crowds' - look through the records again for BOTH those teams short existence and you'll see many sub 5k crowds.

regarding costs look up Wikipedia - Super League War - 'costs'

don't worry I'm not crying, but I'm sure many people on Super League were back in 1997 ;-)

ManlyMania

Juniors
Sounds a bit like the defence the West Coast Eagles winning culture

Come on? Shannon Nevin didn’t cost them the 1997 Optus whats-his-name. They had Ridge at the back when they choked against the Dogs in 1995. The only reason Manly won in 1996 was because the Dragons over achieved to make the Grand Final.

I worked with bloke who was Manly fan and went to the game. The next day he came in and said he was happy that Newcastle won. It was the strangest response I’d ever heard

or the fact that Manly were the undisputed best team in the comp that year.

ManlyMania

Juniors
For all the different views it must be a claytons premiership given that some 12 years on there is still no way of convincing everyone that it was a "total" premiership.

Alex28

Coach
For all the different views it must be a claytons premiership given that some 12 years on there is still no way of convincing everyone that it was a "total" premiership.
The majority suggest that it is a full, proper premiership. The way I see it the only ones suggesting it isn't either support teams that have got nowhere near a grand final in years, or pathetic Manly supporters who can't hack that they lost the game.

Mr Saab

Referee
The majority suggest that it is a full, proper premiership. The way I see it the only ones suggesting it isn't either support teams that have got nowhere near a grand final in years, or pathetic Manly supporters who can't hack that they lost the game.

Full proper premiership? 12 teams and a 7 team finals series? I dont think so.

Loudstrat

Coach
Full proper premiership? 12 teams and a 7 team finals series? I dont think so.

So you are saying thge amount of finals games determines the quality of players in the comp?
We can make each NRL side stronger by dropping the Mac and reverting to a top 4? :lol:

The arguments your Traitor Leaguers use. Fair dinkum!

Apey

Staff member

you keep telling yourself that, lol.

Mr Saab

Referee
So you are saying thge amount of finals games determines the quality of players in the comp?
We can make each NRL side stronger by dropping the Mac and reverting to a top 4? :lol:

The arguments your Traitor Leaguers use. Fair dinkum!

No i am saying the basic issue here (even basic for a deadsh*t like you) is that there were ONLY 12 teams....so how the f**k could that be a full proper premiership. Both comps were just as bad as each other...but they both count in the record books.