What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you wash blue paint off your hands?

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1>Prank leaves King Wally's statue blue
A statue of former Queensland State of Origin captain Wally Lewis, which sits outside Brisbane's Lang Park stadium, was spray-painted blue overnight.
Police said the bronze statue had also been dressed in blues shorts and a blue jersey.
They said the paint was still wet and attempts were being made to clean the statue ahead of tonight's second State of Origin match.
Former Queensland origin player and Maroons' media manager, Ben Ikin, says it is disrespectful.
"I reckon it's funny, but still it's a disgrace to the Queenslanders," he said.
"Poor old Wally was sitting up there - oh probably three hours ago, beautiful, bronze gold, whatever you want to call it - and unfortunately at the moment, there's three Suncorp Stadium staff scrubbing furiously because he's covered in blue paint."
Mr Ikin says it took some serious scrubbing to remove the enamel paint.
"They had a bit of trouble around his nether regions there - he had a few wrinkles in his shorts - it's hard to get into," he said.
"It might have been disrespectful - but not totally disrespectful - they did a good job.
"All the detectives will be out here later in the day and once news filters back to the Queensland camp - after they stop laughing - I'm sure it's going to serve to fire up the boys for tonight's clash."
Police say they will not investigate the vandalism unless asked to do so by the stadium's management.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1662265.htm
</H1>
:thumb :lol:

I think it was a tactic to fire our boys up....was on the today show this morning.

Whoever did it should be put in jail.

Probably Mason doing his remedial art and craft hour.

Wankers.

James_Hardie

Juniors
They had a bit of trouble around his nether regions there - he had a few wrinkles in his shorts

Geez Wally wouldn't have wanted that getting out! Going to make picking up at the Caxton a bit more tricky.

Although it is the Caxton......

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: there are some funny bastards in this world!! :lol:

nöyd

Staff member
Statue prank lights Origin fuse

Queensland rugby league great Wally Lewis says the vandalism of his famous statue will "light the fuse" ahead of Wednesday's State of Origin clash.

The bronze statue, at Lang Park in Brisbane, was given a new look after vandals painted on dark blue shorts, a light blue jersey and socks to make the former Queensland State of Origin captain look like a NSW player.
The word "NSW" was also scrawled across a shield which the statue of Lewis hoists above his head.

The vandalism, condemned by Maroons supporters and the Queensland government, comes ahead of the State of Origin clash at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium, where the Blues are on the verge of sealing an unprecedented fourth straight series.
The Maroons are aiming for just their seventh win from the last 22 interstate matches.

Lewis, who said he was pleased he still had an effect on NSW supporters, said the prank would fuel both teams.
"It's the only time I ever would have been seen in public wearing blue, there's no doubt about that," he told the Nine Network.
"If anything it's just a nice way to light the fuse for tonight's game.
"It's certainly going to be a magic match, one that NSW I'm sure are very determined to secure the series with.
"But if anything it may give the Queensland boys something a little extra to play for."

Stadium staff washed down the statue with bottled water, given tough Level Three water restrictions across most of south-east Queensland.
"You don't like to see this going on all round the place but the NSW supporters up here probably would've seen it as a prime target, and it was," Lewis said.

Acting Premier Anna Bligh described the vandalism as an attempt at a practical joke and said Queenslanders "shouldn't get too upset about it".
"But I think it takes sporting rivalry one step too far into the realms of vandalism," she said.
"People don't like to see this kind of thing."
Stadium chief executive Geoff Donaghy described the act as "mindless vandalism".
He said video footage of the prank would be handed over to police for investigation.

Lewis dominated the early years of State of Origin football, achieving sporting fame in a career that spanned three decades.
Appointed as captain of the Queensland side in 1981, he led Queensland to supremacy over NSW in the 1980s and captained Australia on an undefeated tour of Great Britain.

The veteran of more than 400 first class matches is better known to Queenslanders as "The King" or "the Emperor of Lang Park".
A statue of him was erected at the southern end of Suncorp Stadium in 1992.
© 2006 AAP

Sorry Belly, daz, I just couldn't resist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Belly in Brisvegas said:
Noyd.....like many of your NSW "peers" you are behind the times...this has already been trotted out.

ffs.

Say's they Queenslander.

You know what the Queensland Tourism Slogan should be.

Queensland. . . Set you watch back and hour, set your mind back 30 years.

Sorry Belly, I love you like a Brother, Except for 3 Nights a year.

MarkInTheStands said:

Right back at ya MITSy;-)

I like this slogan better "Queensland...perfect one day...origin champs the next"

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot tell a lie, and it didn't take me that long to get back home and over the border

Spray-Can.jpg

Kylie_J

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Say's they Queenslander.

You know what the Queensland Tourism Slogan should be.

Queensland. . . Set you watch back and hour, set your mind back 30 years.

OI!!!

Kylie_J

Juniors
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Right back at ya MITSy;-)

I like this slogan better "Queensland...perfect one day...origin champs the next"

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

YEAH!!! (except I don't think we'll win - If we do it'll be coz they want to sell tickets in Melbourne. I love Queensland but so not confident in our SOO team)

Glenn

First Grade
Would have been a improvement from the bird sh*t all over him, should be thankful for making him look better :)