What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far will the 49ers go?

How far will the 49ers go?

• Win the Superbowl

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Lose the Superbowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Conference Championships

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Lose in the Divisional Playoffs

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Lose in the Wild Card Playoffs

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Miss the playoffs

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Shorty

Staff member
Um why?

CB, I realise you're trolling (and poorly I might add) however Tebow hasn't actually said anything on gay marriage....when asked about it prefers not to address the question, and I respect that.
He speaks for a Christian organisation but that doesn't neccesarily mean he's a bigot.

Last edited:
Pretty funny to see everyone coming in here bashing the 49ers.

So them losing 16-6 in Baltimore on a short week shows that they can't hang with a legitimate superbowl contender? mmmkay...

The Ginn TD that got called back was a huge bullshit call IMO and completely changed the momentum of the game, if the 49ers grab the lead there it's a different game IMO.

Raider you mention all those teams that bring pressure, while we did beat Detroit and the Giants I agree with you, I think teams from here on out will bring blitzes and forces Alex to beat man coverage and fit the ball in tight windows, I think this could be his downfall.

AB while you may not see it, one tree hill has come on these forums acting downright arrogant about the 49ers. The majority of his posts have been promoting the 49ers while regularly bagging other teams and forum members.

The ravens game has proved what the majority of us have said, their defense is fantastic while their offense still has a way to go. That is all I'm saying ab - the 49ers are not who oth has been saying they are.

And tbh experiencing a short week and bad calls is a weak excuse. The ravens experienced a short week and poor calls happen in every game - superbowl teams overcome such calls.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
Pretty funny to see everyone coming in here bashing the 49ers.

So them losing 16-6 in Baltimore on a short week shows that they can't hang with a legitimate superbowl contender? mmmkay...

The Ginn TD that got called back was a huge bullshit call IMO and completely changed the momentum of the game, if the 49ers grab the lead there it's a different game IMO.

Raider you mention all those teams that bring pressure, while we did beat Detroit and the Giants I agree with you, I think teams from here on out will bring blitzes and forces Alex to beat man coverage and fit the ball in tight windows, I think this could be his downfall.

Theres OTH reason why everyone is bashing on the 9ers AB.

It sucks when gooses support your team. Thats why I love this forum, only other Skins fan is Forrest Dragon..... he is barely here and agrees with me that they stink.

Don't be a hater that because he is against gay marriage you can't fulfil your obligation in marrying Bunniesman.

We are better off for not having that idiot hybrid in this cruel world

you know deep down you dream of a life with bunniesman, don't fight it, embrace it!!

no not really, gay isn't my thing but people have no right to deny others basic human rights.

Um why?

CB, I realise you're trolling (and poorly I might add) however Tebow hasn't actually said anything on gay marriage....when asked about it prefers not to address the question, and I respect that.
He speaks for a Christian organisation but that doesn't neccesarily mean he's a bigot.

shorty I'm not trolling.

So let me ask you, is he a special hardcore christian that accepts gay marriage? lol

Please use some logic and stop telling yourself otherwise.

He refuses to speak on the issue because he know it will offend people.

Lets try to stay on topic people

it is on topic

Shorty

Staff member
You are trolling.
He hasn't said anything on gay marriage, so I don't have a judgment that's logical...sorry you're not getting a bite.

You are trolling.
He hasn't said anything on gay marriage, so I don't have a judgment that's logical...sorry you're not getting a bite.

I'm not.

I am pointing out how sad this obsession some of you have with him even when it goes against your beliefs.

Then you guys constantly hate on the niners and when people fight back its HURRR DURRR TROLLING.

Big Tim

First Grade
I can like a person who's views I dont agree with.

I have mates that are of a different religion who think gay's shouldnt be alive (best way of saying it)

Some of my best mates are gay. Doesnt mean I dont like people who have different beliefs.

http://youtu.be/hXe-lu89yCI

abpanther

Staff member
And tbh experiencing a short week and bad calls is a weak excuse. The ravens experienced a short week and poor calls happen in every game - superbowl teams overcome such calls.

Hey, I'm taking the loss squarely on the chin and I actually think this loss will help the team in the long run, afterall you learn more from your losses than from your wins.

However the short week is a factor, sure Baltimore had a short week too but they didn't have to travel across country did they? The Ginn TD call was a huge call and a bad one at that, no reason why I can't bring that up given it changed the whole complexion of the game.

Having said that, our Oline was terrible and lost us this game, pass protection sucked, they need to fix that before the playoffs.

49ers are what they are, a disciplined team that plays great defense and special teams, offense is not that great but when winning the turnover battle and field position they can be hard to beat, they don't beat themselves.

Is that enough to beat the elite teams in the playoffs? Time will tell....

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I do think the loss will improve with team, purely because of Harbaugh as a coach and he'll do his best to kink out issues.
But playoff teams are going to give Smith and his receivers that sort of pressure so it's going to be how the team responds.

I didn't see too much wrong with the D.

Draft will be interesting for the Niners.

abpanther

Staff member
It will be, I think they need improvements at skill positions, notably WR and CB.

RG (Oline went downhill once Snyder went out and Rachal came in), S and OLB are also needs, Whitner is solid but a liability in coverage.

Fair enough about the cross country trek. But I think that bad calls happen in every game of every sport and its a teams job to overcome them (so we will probaly have to agree to disagree on that point). Overall but the 49ers are a very good team and I'm not looking forward to see the rams taking them on in a few weeks time.

Btw charles, there are very few people who would completely disassociate themselves from a person because they didnt share the exact beliefs. I have many friends and family members who are catholic but I do not hate them because we differ regarding our religous beliefs.

Btw charles, there are very few people who would completely disassociate themselves from a person because they didnt share the exact beliefs. I have many friends and family members who are catholic but I do not hate them because we differ regarding our religous beliefs.

Do any of the beliefs they share conflict with the lifestyle you live?

I'm not saying you should hate them.

Shorty

Staff member
You realise that you're actually showing more about your views of homosexuality by trying to use it against me as a way of arguing.
As it stands, we could open up a whole lot of things if you want to go down that path, this includes Michael Vick, Ben Rosthlesberger and Ray Lewis.
If Tim Tebow comes out and says a bunch of vitrollic things about homosexuality, then sure, my opinion will change but as it stands he hasn't discussed anything and has been professional in not talking about it.

I resent the fact that you've brought my sexuality into something that didn't need to be, ultimately I'm in here because I'm a gridiron fan, if I wanted to discuss my sexuality or views that come with it I'd go to other parts of the site.
I think that this should probably be put to rest if you'll be so kind.

Last edited:

Latest posts