What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How financially strong are the Raiders?

dubby

Bench
Been reading a bit on the NRL site in regards to Newcastles financial woes, just makes me wonder how strong the Raiders are financially? I think now Kevin Niel has left, maybe we are that bit more stable on the front shop?

If you listen to the anti-raiders out there they say we struggle, but in comparison to the other 15 teams (inc GC) where do we come in???

woodgers

Bench
We're fine. I think Greeneyed said 'elsewhere' that we own 9 licenced clubs. Add to that we have some very solid sponsors (Fone Zone - telecommunications, Carlton Brewery - biggest beer company in Australia, Aristocrat - Poker Machines) along with a fair swag of middle range sponsors such as Home Loan Centre, Granite Transformations, Canberra Milk etc and we are travelling well. I can't see us going under any time in the near future.

Raider_69

Post Whore
also being in the ACT the proposed Pokie Tax will have minimal to zero impact on us whilst NSW clubs will come under heavy financial troubles if they dont manage the situation right

dG

Juniors
I work at the stadium - and we were actually talking about this today - and while the Raiders are strong - they have been a lot stronger - however they recently appointed a new 'CEO' type guy who is very business oriented and has done wonders already for the club...

I wouldnt worry about our fincancial position.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Raider_69 said:
also being in the ACT the proposed Pokie Tax will have minimal to zero impact on us whilst NSW clubs will come under heavy financial troubles if they dont manage the situation right

Isn't our biggest backer the Queenbeyan Leagues Club. They fall under NSW guidelines not ACT don't they?

Copa

Bench
dG said:
I work at the stadium - and we were actually talking about this today - and while the Raiders are strong - they have been a lot stronger - however they recently appointed a new 'CEO' type guy who is very business oriented and has done wonders already for the club...

I wouldnt worry about our fincancial position.
Your location says Coffs Harbour. That's a long way to travel to work.

Latest posts