What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Good is Inglis!!!

sheet_ed

Juniors
Here is a kid who Stacey Jones targets and decides to drop a couple of high ones on, and the kid doesn't even blink that he has the likes of Villisant and Beetham tearing down on him. He takes the bomb and then puts on a side step and a run.

For a kid of his age he is one of the best I have ever seen.

I am starting to believe that Billy should move to the centres to make way for him.

This kid is a freak...and we have him on contact.:D

The kids are looking good - I also think Cronk outplayed Orford last night - he looked dangerous with the ball and his kicking game kept the Worriers off balance. Orford may have scored the final try but it was the best thing he did all night.

I don't believe that we can crack it in 2005, my money is on St.George. But we are looking good for 2006.

This was Cronks best game for sure.

As for Ingliss what can I say. :D

I actually hope they (Ingliss and Slater) can switch mid game from Centre to Full back regullary during a game. What an asset that would be.

I really think he should be given more game time......

Ahh well next year will be his year. :D

sheet_ed said:
I don't believe that we can crack it in 2005, my money is on St.George. But we are looking good for 2006.

Look, on our day we can thrash any team.

It is just the Storm arn't consistant top form. You never know ...... St.George are as inconsistant as the Storm. I still think it is the Broncos to lose if anyone else takes out the flag.

shadow grinder

First Grade
cronk has always had a decent kicking game...ild even go as far as saying its better then orfords. its much more consistent thats for sure.

Inglis is just a freak of a kid...how good is it when you replace a player like billy and put on inglis. i reckon inglis should move to centre when bell goes. i like slater at fullback, he has worked at fullback for about 2-3 years ? now. he is doing just fine.

didnt inglis have a niggling ankle injury as well leading into last nights game? ....

Sun_Down

Juniors
Inglis is awesom, but Imo Billy is the best. But having Inglis in the starting line up next year will be sensational. Melb will have such a good backline next year.

Inglis played only 60 minutes in each of the last 2 games for the Devils. Bellamy supposedly told Trealevan not to work Inglis too hard because of his ankle.

Inglis is better with the football than Slater in my opinion. He has given players nightmares in the Qld Cup, however Inglis would be great in the centres too. I'd be interested to see how he goes in the centres, but fullback allows him to roam so much more.

Slater would be hard done by to have to move. Inglis will take Bell's spot next year.

JoeysChiropractor said:
Inglis is better with the football than Slater in my opinion. He has given players nightmares in the Qld Cup, however Inglis would be great in the centres too. I'd be interested to see how he goes in the centres, but fullback allows him to roam so much more.

Slater would be hard done by to have to move. Inglis will take Bell's spot next year.

This year.... please let it be this year [-o< :D

Hoggy

Bench
shadow grinder said:
cronk has always had a decent kicking game...ild even go as far as saying its better then orfords.

By the length of the Hume Highway.

Orford's only good kick is the chip for Slater, if Cronk gets that one down pat there will be no difference next year - except we won't have a midget playing for us.

shadow grinder

First Grade
orford cat tackle...he rushes up to early and gets found out....and if he gets a hand on the attacker then he slips off. useless

Slater to centre and Inglis at Fullback...this would be bloody potent.

Inglis reminds me a lot of Peachey..same sort of style.

"no speaka da Inglis"...

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Slater to centre and Inglis at Fullback...this would be bloody potent.

Inglis reminds me a lot of Peachey..same sort of style.

"no speaka da Inglis"...

so your saying that if inglis went to centre and slater stayed at fullback...then we wouldnt be "bloody potent"?

inglis has played his best footy for the storm at centre.

slater has played his best footy for us at fullback.

i dont see any reason to move slater.

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
I know.... But why?????

He is 'sposed to be the "Ox"

i dunno mate....i wish i knew....i wish orford knew so he could fix the problem.

i just think because he is small ...and he goes high up on players so its easy to push him away.

MONY

Juniors
Inglis is alot bigger than Billy and has a centres frame..... with his footwork Inglis reminds me alot of Mark Gasnier both are big stong guys wit ha great fend and quick on their feet.

Ingils wants to play fullback too. Don't know if it will happen, and he said he is just happy to play in the side. He's even talking about building up a touch and playing as a backrower.

MONY

Juniors
lol he isnt a backrower.......come on greggie please centre is his position and fullback when billy is on origin duty.

MONY said:
Inglis is alot bigger than Billy and has a centres frame..... with his footwork Inglis reminds me alot of Mark Gasnier both are big stong guys wit ha great fend and quick on their feet.

Yea but not as much of a bone head. :D

Latest posts