What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how good is lyon

Surfer Joe

Juniors
I'm one Manly supporter who hopes he stays in the U.K. I'd rather the money be spent on someone who is a bit more mature and reliable.Fitzy should never have even allowed him to play for Wee Waa.Stay on the other side of the world,problem child!

strider

Post Whore
:clap: Surfer Joe

Parra were quite good to Jamie....they believed his lies at first - let him go home to try to "sort out his problems with living in Sydney" - then let him play with his mates in Wee Waa - paid him $140K for a pre-season and 1 game (worst Jamie Lyon performance ever at that), which I believe would be about half his contract for that season.....Parra seriously supported him cos they thought he just had some problems to deal with and left to do that in good faith.

BUT the truth finally came out and Jamie showed what an utter lying, gutless, disloyal, greedy, backstabbing, deceitful, lowlife he is.

There - got that out of the system :mrgreen:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Surfer Joe said:
I'm one Manly supporter who hopes he stays in the U.K. I'd rather the money be spent on someone who is a bit more mature and reliable.Fitzy should never have even allowed him to play for Wee Waa.Stay on the other side of the world,problem child!

Now that is smart and realistic approach. And a great attitude.

And I don't think he'll be playing rep footy for a while. Word I'm hearing is that important people in high places are really disgusted by his actons...

Eels Dude

Coach
I haven't been on these forums in 5 months or so... but it's interesting to see Jamie Lyon is still making headlines despite it being nearly a year since he betrayed our great club. He may be a great footballer, but Jamie has shown loyalty or honesty are not characteristics he possesses. Talented he may be, but i'm looking forward to supporting those who care about club this season instead of him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lyon is a gun centre, best I've ever seen I think. Realistically, I suppose I'd reluctantly take him back in the blue and gold because of that. As long as the team could forgive him, I could probably bring myself to do so as well. But the fact remains that he betrayed the club, the fans, the men who gave him everything he has had in Rugby League; Brian Smith and Dennis Fitzgerald, and worst of all, his so-called mates. He'll see out his contract with St Helens, but after that, you can bet he'll be on the first plane to sydney to meet up with his Sea Eagles team mates. I hope he never plays representative football again, what he did should keep him blacklisted as far as I'm concerned. Parramatta gave him support and sympathy and he stabbed us all in the back. Still, he better watch out for Freshie when they play Wigan....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
lyon is a saint, i would like to thank you (NOT :roll: :roll: ) for bringing up yet another Jamie thread.

[sarcasm]really, thankyou[/sarcasm]

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mate, if he can turn his back on the coach which coached him so well that he made it into Origin and Test football, then he can sure as hell turn his back on your mob.

Maybe he won't. Only he knows that.

But, as excellent a player as he is, I would not be stoked to have such a pea-brained and pea-hearted player playing in my beloved colours.

Bazal said:
Lyon is a gun centre, best I've ever seen I think. Realistically, I suppose I'd reluctantly take him back in the blue and gold because of that. As long as the team could forgive him, I could probably bring myself to do so as well. But the fact remains that he betrayed the club, the fans, the men who gave him everything he has had in Rugby League; Brian Smith and Dennis Fitzgerald, and worst of all, his so-called mates. He'll see out his contract with St Helens, but after that, you can bet he'll be on the first plane to sydney to meet up with his Sea Eagles team mates. I hope he never plays representative football again, what he did should keep him blacklisted as far as I'm concerned. Parramatta gave him support and sympathy and he stabbed us all in the back. Still, he better watch out for Freshie when they play Wigan....
forget about lyin coming back to parra it will never happen i doubt his teammates will ever forgive him