What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how good is lyon

dazeely

First Grade
Hes nothing but a waste of space.

I'm sure we could help you with a verse or two about him but you wouldn't appreciate it.

scottyeel

Bench
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:
then turns up to a Moanly game still under contract to us and has a photo taken with the Moanly draped in front of him with that customery cheesy grin.

I will say this, that photo was pinned on a notice board at the pub where our players had Mad Monday celebrations, it didn't go down well with anyone.

they can't wait to play against him.

they may never get the chance to play against him, cus he is honestly loving it in england, him and sculthorpe are really getting on and i just hope he stays for more than the two years
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You will be lucky to even have him 2 years. My guess is he will leave at seasons end.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:
then turns up to a Moanly game still under contract to us and has a photo taken with the Moanly draped in front of him with that customery cheesy grin.

I will say this, that photo was pinned on a notice board at the pub where our players had Mad Monday celebrations, it didn't go down well with anyone.

they may never get the chance to play against him, cus he is honestly loving it in england, him and sculthorpe are really getting on and i just hope he stays for more than the two years
You will be lucky to even have him 2 years. My guess is he will leave at seasons end.

no your all wrong about him, you get superleague coverage dont you so watch him yhis year when his rampaging defences

eelsta

Bench
ask him about the 140000 he got for 1 game .and no we are not wrong about him at all :x :x

scottyeel

Bench
lyon is a saint said:
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:

no your all wrong about him, you get superleague coverage dont you so watch him yhis year when his rampaging defences
No one here is denying that 18 months ago he was a great defender and a devastating attacker, but what we are not wrong about is him being a heartless, gutless fat wanker.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:

No one here is denying that 18 months ago he was a great defender and a devastating attacker, but what we are not wrong about is him being a heartless, gutless fat wanker.

i forum is class on ours we cant even say shite never mind wanker

strider

Post Whore
he can certainly play footy....but he's quite obviously a set of goal posts short of a footy field.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:

ill also point out that the guy isent even fat

strider

Post Whore
ok - he's not fat - he's just a bit podgy.....he was always pretty solid, but he stacked on a few kgs when he took is $140K and ran off to the bush to play playstation for 5 months.

dazeely

First Grade
lyon is a saint said:
scottyeel said:
lyon is a saint said:
eelavation said:

Far from it. I'm pretty sure we know about him. And I'm doubly sure he is a wanker.... And no thanks about watching him. Would prefer to watch the grass grow.

stiffmeister

Bench
Don't worry by the time he comes back to Sydney he will be fat & slower when he plays for Manly. He will then have to play in the forwards

;-)

MystikEel

Juniors
HAH and then, when Manly play Parra, I suspect a little bit of a 7 (or thereabout) person tackle on him would 'accidentally' happen. :twisted:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Jamie Lyon, whether the males on this forum can admit it or not, is a world class player who had an unfortunate break down and was led/and made some very poor decisions.
like him or loathe him, you can't deny the guy has played and played well in all levels of the game and, when he has his head in order, has the ability to singlehandedly change a game.
i love the people on this forum but seriously, as i said, you can blindly hate him all you want, but thats not gunna change what happened and thats not going to make him a worse or better player and some people need to try a large chunk of get the hell over it.

go jamie go! hope he prevails for you!

Eelementary

Post Whore
JessEel said:
Jamie Lyon, whether the males on this forum can admit it or not, is a world class player who had an unfortunate break down and was led/and made some very poor decisions.
like him or loathe him, you can't deny the guy has played and played well in all levels of the game and, when he has his head in order, has the ability to singlehandedly change a game.
i love the people on this forum but seriously, as i said, you can blindly hate him all you want, but thats not gunna change what happened and thats not going to make him a worse or better player and some people need to try a large chunk of get the hell over it.

I said some similar things myself. World calss talent when fit and focused and he served us supremely well.

However, I cannot wish him well in his future. The way he handled his affairs is disgusting, and I am not willing to forgive him. At least not yet.

strider

Post Whore
"unfortunate break down" - what the?...he had a shocker - maybe he had some things upsetting him, but you'd think once he got over those things he'd get back on with life - with Parra and the million dollar contract he on.

"led/and made some very poor decisions" - he lied through his arse time and time again....if he was mainly led then I feel sorry for him being so guible, but I don't think thats the case....he tried to be manipulative to get what he wanted but didn't have the brains to carry it off.....he let Smithy cop more than his fair share from Rayyyyy over it all when all Jamie was doing was using the "I hate Brian Smith" bandwagon as a tool to get what he wanted (sure, maybe he doesn't love smithy, but the man helped him get where he is today - no need to hang him out for the vultures to pick at).

"blindly hate him" - people have plenty of reason to be extremely disappointed with the way he behaved. I think people know he's a good footy player - but they are entitled to dislike the guy for the way he behaved.

Maybe alot of us "blindly hate" - but you've gotta take of the "rose coloured glasses" sometimes too.

dazeely

First Grade
Eelementary said:
JessEel said:

I said some similar things myself. World calss talent when fit and focused and he served us supremely well.

However, I cannot wish him well in his future. The way he handled his affairs is disgusting, and I am not willing to forgive him. At least not yet.

Jess I have agreed with you many times before but definately not this time. You have got to be kidding. What he did to his supporters, coach and more importantly his MATES (team) he can get stuffed. Very low act and deserves nothing.

bartman

Immortal
To answer LiaS's original question, Jamie Lyon can be real good. Best centre in the world - if he's head's screwed on right. Played well for Parra, until R1 2004 when in all fell apart.

You will have noticed a lot of people here, maybe even players/officials in Parra club may never forgive him for walking out on his contract, and the way some of the things happened before was sorted out. C'est la vie?

But in terms of playing ability, he had it in spades no doubt. And if he has settled well in St H then should be amongst the best centres in ESL this year and may even get his Australia spot back the year after?

Latest posts