What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good is Minichiello?

CAPSISCOOL

Juniors
Minichiello is not the 2nd best even if you don't count Lockyer. I'd have Price, Webcke and Hindmarsh all above him.

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Minichiello is absolutely outstanding. Always steps up for the big games.

In saying that, Hodgson isn't far behind him. Why the f**k does everyone bring up the rag doll thing? He get's absolutely belted every week, yet has played 1 bad game in 2 years and is ALWAYS amongst the best week in week out. His goalkicking is superb and his attacking play is very simular to a five-eighth.

I have no doubts that if Minichiello was to get injured or be unavailable, Hodgson would be an automatic second choice. And rightly so.

The reason why people bring up the ragdoll thing is because it happened in origin. He had a blinder in his first origin game but got brought back down to earth with a thud after that. Personally, i agree with you that he SHOULD be the blues fullback if Mini is out, but i have doubts as to whether the selectors do. I think theyd go for a bigger fullback, but i wouldnt id pick Hodgson because of his attack ... but alas im not a selector :(

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Personally, I don't think the rag doll thing was such a big deal. The guy is probably one of the lightest/skinniest players around and I fail to see why anyone see's Tallis as a hero for that. It is like me lifting a piece of paper.

Add to that he is as safe as houses under the high ball. I honestly can't remember the last time he dropped a bomb. But I can sure as hell tell you it wasn't this season...

Misanthrope

Staff member
How the f**k Mini earned the Wally Lewis medal is beyond me. He was by far our worst in Origin 2, and didn't do enough in Origin 1 or 3 to convince me he deserved man of the series. Matt King sh*t all over him, as did about a half dozen other players. The medal is a f**king joke.

Misanthrope

Staff member
How the f**k Mini earned the Wally Lewis medal is beyond me. He was by far our worst in Origin 2, and didn't do enough in Origin 1 or 3 to convince me he deserved man of the series. Matt King sh*t all over him, as did about a half dozen other players. The medal is a f**king joke.

I need to make it clear that I have nothing against Mini as a player. I agree that he is by far the best fullback going around. I just think him earning player of the series is akin to Arnold Schwarzenegger getting an Oscar for Junior.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he is not 'by far the best fullback going around'
And to answer the question "How good is Minichiello?"
He's as good as a sh*t sandwich on a sunday.

gregstar

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
I need to make it clear that I have nothing against Mini as a player. I agree that he is by far the best fullback going around. I just think him earning player of the series is akin to Arnold Schwarzenegger getting an Oscar for Junior.
p*ss off!!!!! arnold displayed rare shakespearian talent in that big screen master piece you snob!!!!

Misanthrope

Staff member
he is not 'by far the best fullback going around'

And who is better? Slater and Bowen are as good in attack, but less consistent in defence. Hornby, Hodgson, and Patten are all good on their day, but not as potent. Surely it's not Peachy? :p

OVP

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:

You're the joke buddy and so is your overrated hooker from Hicksville. To say Minichiello wasnt outstanding in all 3 games, you'd have to be geniused to believe what you said, so i wont bother.

Matt King was awarded the Brad Fittler medal instead you moron. The coach selected that award for the player of the series. I would think that would have precedence over the "official" award, you idiot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Resorting to personal insults. No surprises there. I didn't suggest a Newcastle player was deserving of the award. You're clearly 'geniused' if you think that Mini did anything at all in Game Two aside from score a gift try. He dropped more ball than Carmont misses tackles.

Matt King may have got the unofficial player of the series award from the winning coach, but he deserved the Wally Lewis award more than Mini. Let's look at King's workload all series, and then compare it with Mini's brilliant ability to put the NSW line under pressure in the opening ten minutes.

Phillips

Referee
Brett Hodgson & Clinton Schilfcofske are close if not better then Minichiello...

Minichiello still deserves his spot in the NSW & Australia sides though

Misanthrope

Staff member
Brett Hodgson & Clinton Schilfcofske are close if not better then Minichiello...

Minichiello still deserves his spot in the NSW & Australia sides though

I'd agree with Hodgson, on most occasions. Schiffy? I don't know. He's safe, but he's something of a coward when it comes to hitting the line. Goes down like a Vietnamese whore.

OVP

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:
Resorting to personal insults. No surprises there. I didn't suggest a Newcastle player was deserving of the award. You're clearly 'geniused' if you think that Mini did anything at all in Game Two aside from score a gift try. He dropped more ball than Carmont misses tackles.

Matt King may have got the unofficial player of the series award from the winning coach, but he deserved the Wally Lewis award more than Mini. Let's look at King's workload all series, and then compare it with Mini's brilliant ability to put the NSW line under pressure in the opening ten minutes.

Well how about you tell that to Wally. HE Selected the award, noone else.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well how about you tell that to Wally. HE Selected the award, noone else.

Will do. Frankly, it's a farce that one man gets to select Player of the Series. I was under the impression that it would've been done by the Australian selectors.

Latest posts