What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good is the unpredictability!

Bib

Juniors
Last week we had the sharks knock off the broncos ,the sea eagles knock over the panthers, the eels over the knights, cowboys over the dragons and the warriors over the raiders. Then this week we have the tigers come out and knock over the warriors, souths over the storm, and the dragons recovering to beat the panthers.

I think it is great for rugby league. The comp i so even, and my tigers have a better than even chance of making the 8, as does every team below us, you can maybe discount the warriors and souths. If manly can pull off the odd upsett they can still make it. I love it!

dougthelegend

Juniors
it just goes to show you that with a few mistimed injuries and/or suspensions, even the best come back to the pack.

with the comp being so even, it makes it much better to watch. As you said, just about any team can make the eight - bar souths and the warriors probably.

Although i dont think that the Tigers win today could be classed as an upset, apart from the fact that the match was in NZ - the warriors would hardly have been classed favourites!

Bib

Juniors
dougthelegend said:
it just goes to show you that with a few mistimed injuries and/or suspensions, even the best come back to the pack.

with the comp being so even, it makes it much better to watch. As you said, just about any team can make the eight - bar souths and the warriors probably.

Although i dont think that the Tigers win today could be classed as an upset, apart from the fact that the match was in NZ - the warriors would hardly have been classed favourites!

I dont know about that. The tigers were missing their halves and scott sattler, and the warriors have great halves in hohia and jones. Love the eveness, u cant pick the winners, and everyone seems to have injuries, and its now catching up with the panthers

Melstar

Juniors
My tipping is atrocious at the best of times anyway, so I'm not phased by the upsets at all! It has been great to see some of the lower sides getting up in the last couple of rounds.

Kaz

junior
I predicted all, but Souths & I am ashamed to say I tipped the Warriors. :?

Cammo

Bench
It is making for a great season. After all the game has gone through this year the season is now becoming immensly enjoyable again due to the closeness of the competition.

Bib

Juniors
we can now hopefully build towards a great SOO series finish, and hopefully a solid tri-nations. I fear for NZ rugby league atm

Langers

Juniors
The closness is good but it has been irritating how pretty much every team has so many players in key positions out all the time. The level could certainly be higher and it seems mthe team with the less injuries usually wins, which is not the way it should be.

Bib

Juniors
Every team has a large number of injuries i know at the tigers we have

Miles : Season
Renyolds: Season
Richards: 6 weeks
Beautner: Indefinate
Sattler: Two weeks
Marshall" Season

There is plewnty of talent there, but this comp is all about depth!!!!!!!!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think Tigers defeating Warriors was an upset, given some of the Warriors recent performances they should have been heavy underdogs. Melbourne and Newcastle let my tips down this week.