What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW GOOD WAS THAT!?!?!?!

Raider_69

Post Whore
SOULS 04 said:
again thanx nick for shouting us on the weekend... when i do have some money ill return the favour

Perish the thought, glad to do it :)
shame about the touch game falling though, i was primed for a big one :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
Raider Crusader said:
notice how all the Raiders fans only come over to join the Raiders Army after the Raiders had the game sown up? if all of those fans were with the Army before then, the amount of noise wouldve been 10 times louder...good work to the Army for your passion and commitment to the Raiders even when we are losing.
You are truly the Raiders most loyal fans, which is more than i can say for myself as i sometimes tend to give up on the boys during rough times - unfortunately.
Great win to the Raiders - 26 unanswered points, no points conceded in the last 60 mins. Well done!

What garbage.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
BTW did anyone catch a glipse of the old fella? looked like he was pushing 65, still out there amongst it with his sports ears on getting stuck right in... well for a pensioner he got stuck in... what a champion that bloke was :clap:

I saw him - he was great, right in there cheering and clapping with the Army! He was great for and old bloke. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that there was also some dark-skinned Raiders supporter who had down-syndrome or something cheering louder than me the whole game...did anyone see him? he was fairly short, and wearing the old Raiders jersey from 2000. Top effort from him and the old guy. :clap:

Raider Crusader

Juniors
greeneyed said:
Raider Crusader said:
notice how all the Raiders fans only come over to join the Raiders Army after the Raiders had the game sown up? if all of those fans were with the Army before then, the amount of noise wouldve been 10 times louder...good work to the Army for your passion and commitment to the Raiders even when we are losing.
You are truly the Raiders most loyal fans, which is more than i can say for myself as i sometimes tend to give up on the boys during rough times - unfortunately.
Great win to the Raiders - 26 unanswered points, no points conceded in the last 60 mins. Well done!

What garbage.

Please explain. Tell me how these boys arent the most passionate Raiders supporters!?! they make the effort to go to nearly every Raiders game, and cheer louder than any other fans ive seen! But, if there are better fans, please tell greeneyed...

greeneyed

First Grade
I am sick of all of this stuff from the Army about how we are better supporters than all of you.

I'll give you an example. I have followed the Raiders since 1982. I go to all home games, and watch every single match. Who are you or they to tell me they are better fans than me? Or thousands of others? Let's cut the crap.

greeneyed

First Grade
Another example. When I go to Canberra Stadium, I go and see all three grades, and support all of the teams. Many of the Army don't turn up until close to first grade. On this criterion, the Army are poor supporters..... However, my point is, all these sorts of comparisons are silly and don't prove anything.

Raider Azz

Bench
No one was saying one group of fans are better supporters than others, greeneyed. All he was saying is that those blokes truely are real fans.

You are also a true fan.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Yeah fair go, give the Army a break. You can't deny the effort and the passion the Army puts in, whether they see all the grades or not.

greeneyed

First Grade
benmeyer said:
Yeah fair go, give the Army a break. You can't deny the effort and the passion the Army puts in, whether they see all the grades or not.

I am not denying that and it is not the point of my post, as it made clear. My point is that I am not in agreement with suggestions that some fans are better than the rest.

And if there are new people becoming fanatical after last night, let's welcome them, and not attack them for being bandwagoners... let's say, welcome, glad you are inspired by the team's performance last night and hope you love the Raiders just as much as we do.

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I am sick of all of this stuff from the Army about how we are better supporters than all of you.

This was not a comment from a regular Army member, it was someone that came and introduced himself for the first time last night.

However, as you know Greeneyed, there is a lot more to being a dedicated supporter to simply turning up at the games each weekend and clapping/cheering. People show their dedication in different ways, some take the time to type out articles and relate the news from Canberra so that non-Canberra based fans can know what's happening, others spend their evenings arranging to get other fans to games, while others simply spend their time reliving past glories by watching the old tapes. All are valid ways of supporting your club.

2004 and 2005 are both good years for me, I'm getting to almost all the games, and in all likelyhood I'll never be able to make as many appearances again, but even if that's the case, it doesn't mean that my support for the Raiders is on the wane, it will simply be that I have other commitments in my life.

Mickxpt

Juniors
13 hours on trains/ 6 hrs sleep over the last 3 days/ just got home
and i am still excited, how good was that. just the feeling and the way the boys were like before and after the game. even afer 20 mins, we had nothing, no possesion, robbinson was a moron, i felt somthing special was gonna happen

Raider Crusader

Juniors
jed said:
greeneyed said:
This was not a comment from a regular Army member, it was someone that came and introduced himself for the first time last night.

Agreed. As Jed said, this was the first time i actually decided to go over and introduce myself to the Raiders Army. I didnt mean to upset other Raiders supporters, i was merely pointing out the passion that the Army has for the Raiders. You're all right, you can't judge a supporter on how many games he/she goes to.
Sorry if i have somehow dragged the Army down by praising their effort last night, this wasnt my intention, and i apologise to greeneyed for suggesting that he wasnt as loyal as the Army.
The main thing is that there was great support for the team last night, and it should continue for years to come. Congrats to ALL Raiders fans who cheered the boys on last, whether u were at the game, at home, or at work.
Go Raiders all the way 2005!

choc_soldier

Coach
You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night. Gotta say that you are a credit to your club. I walked past a few times to see if Jed was there, so I could catch up with him... was he there or somewhere else?

Anyway, I'm still shattered - we just choked, I guess. But I'm not taking anything away from your team... you played really well to get back (even though there were a few contentious decisions that went against us - but then there was the Croker incident in the opening minute).

So, without trying to sound like a sore loser after that last senstence, congratulations, and all the best for the rest of the season.

I don't hate the Raiders in any shape or form. Actually, it's good that you are proving all these so called "experts" wrong...

if you wear your raiders jersey with pride, you are a real fan. Some show it in different ways, me i prefer to be at the back of bay 72 at bruce making noise, others are different like greeneyed. we all love the Raiders, and that's all that matters.

jed

First Grade
parra_panther said:
You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night. Gotta say that you are a credit to your club. I walked past a few times to see if Jed was there, so I could catch up with him... was he there or somewhere else?

I was sitting down at the other end of the ground when you walked in - you looked up at me a few times but didn't come up, I guessed we'd catch up after the game as planned. Of course, I've shaved off the beard now, so you might not have recognised me.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
i think next time i should stay in the crowd instead of going over to the Army - ive caused more damage than good... #-o

woodgers

Bench
Perhaps I was too harsh with some of my earlier comments so I apoligise to Timbo and anyone else I offended.

I just get frustrated. Myself and Bay72 especially seem to get worked up about things that others don't really care about. I guess that we have worked so damn hard to get the support the players need and appreciate and have set goals that may take us longer than expected. I think we are frustrated.

One thing is though that there are people who change schedules and commitments to get to games and get behind the team no matter the distance. I find myself getting annoyed that people are like "Yes, we won" from behind a computer screen every week when I come home from every match with no voice, sweaty shirt from cheering so hard and wallet that is significantly lighter. I know some live up north or overseas but when I give up a weekend to go to Sydney for few Sydney fans to front is disappointing. To stand on various hills in the league with few fans with us can often be dangerous and slightly scary.

In summary this thread has made me reflect on a few things. One is that my tactic of hassling people to go to games is more likely to drive them away and doesn't help the cause at all.

Secondly, I have found the past few months that I am increasingly frustrated while on these forums, sometimes at opposition fans, sometimes Raiders fans. I think I will step away from these boards for a while and cool off a bit. I am sure that I will get to catch up with quite a lot of you at various games during the year.

You guys were definitely loud on the hill last night. Gotta say that you are a credit to your club.

Bay, more proof of how much we have come along in 2 years work. We will get better in time and stamp our mark even more. If anyone reading this wants to be a part of the singing and chanting at games, you know where to find us.

Cheers guys.......WE ARE THE

Latest posts