What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good was the Melbourne crowd tonight ?

OVP

Coach
What was it ? Waaaaaaay over 20k imo. Anyone know the exact figure ?

Whatever it was, showed that Melbourne is a REAL contender.

WELL DONE MELBOURNE !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ice777

Bench
It was 15,479 but we cheered like it was over 20,000. The 2 stands were sold out and the atmosphere was incredible just like the early days. Considering the cold, wet night it was i reckon we did very well. Also the win just topped it off nicely :clap:

ledzep

Bench
what's the capacity, because it didn't look like you could fit too many more people in

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Imagine what that would've been if the weather was good.

brooksy19

Bench
:) Well done Melbourne!

Lets hope they can keep it up.

One thing i noticed was the number of kids there, thats their market right there, pretty much all their adverts & promotions should be aimed at the youngsters (5 - 15) thats the only hope, as the older generation is never gonna watch anything bar AFL even if we have the superior product.. which we do.

DeeGan

Bench
I am a firm believer in persisting with the Melbourne Storm. The sell-out crowd on Wednesday night coupled with a great crowd last night is yet another small step for rugby league in Melbourne. The Storm play an attractive brand of football and with the club sitting on top of the ladder, with the right marketing strategy, they can continue to improve their average crowd figures and build on their 'regular' fans.

It looked to be a great atmposphere last night, let's hope we see more if from the Melbourne fans in the coming years. I will be interested in the crowd figures for their remaining four home games of the regular season.

The Melbourne crowd always gets a large amount of kids to games which bodes well for the future.

I think the bandwagon is definitely in full flight but the hardcore supporters have always been there and will continue to support the team whatever happens..

Kurt Angle

First Grade
The best things is the people of Melbourne have had two games with a reasonable amount of promotion in a very short time which turned out to be good standard of play and skills.

It bodes well for building on that for the Australia test match in the tri-natoins.

LESStar58

Referee
Ice777 said:
It was 15,479 but we cheered like it was over 20,000. The 2 stands were sold out and the atmosphere was incredible just like the early days. Considering the cold, wet night it was i reckon we did very well. Also the win just topped it off nicely :clap:

Thats every week we cheer like that!

:D

Surandy

Bench
Great crowd! Best crowd of the round. Sad to see that no games in Rugby League heartland could do better.

shadow grinder

First Grade
it was a great crowd....but i dont think one origin alone will be enough to bolster our crowds up. If we get 8,000 at the next home game people are going to say "see it was a one off".....more needs to be done and the NRL and storm need to attack and attack hard down south. I think there would have been a good number of victorians coming away from origin and friday night thinking to themselves that they will go to more RL games and enjoyed it...i also think there is some that are now 50/50 and will tolerate it but wont really support it. Then there are those that prolly didnt like it and wont go back.

But we can only hope that the people that liked it spread the word and the intrest grows from there. and that the NRL and Storm try some new avenues to crack the market down there and give it their best as im sure they will....we cant expect to get big crowds if league is promoted for 2 weeks then dissapears untill the next origin or untill the next big game down there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shame they weren't handing out flyers for the remaining games with some sort of voucher. they could have been selling Storm gear at the ground as well.

Jasestorm

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Shame they weren't handing out flyers for the remaining games with some sort of voucher. they could have been selling Storm gear at the ground as well.

Waldron doesn't want to give freebies away because he believes it cheapens the product. People (down here) will not respect a team that has to give away tickets to encourage bums on seats.

Latest posts