What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
You said PNG would be the 18th club because the media pushed it as a "fact" for months.

Now you're telling me "Perth Bears" will be the 18th team and arguing that the media has never been wrong?

Central Coast Bears was never guaranteed the 16th licence. The Sydney media pushed the angle ad nauseum to sell papers. Readers believed it. Then they sooked when the media speculation turned out to be bullshit.

I still remember all of the dumbarses on here wanking their cocks over the "Gold Coast Bears" a few years ago. There were articles in the Sydney media pushing it as a fait accompli.

The Sydney media has been running an annual or bi-annual story about the Bears coming back for years. All of their claims have turned out to be bullshit.

John Singleton only wanted the Central Coast Bears so he would have a tenant at the stadium. He chucked a massive tantrum when he didn't get his way. Just like the tantrum he chucked the other day about the Bears and Perth.
Cc bears was for the titans spot lol

png got pushed back a year whoop do

stop being a baby Brisbane just got a second team two years ago

the dolphins would be hugely against Brisbane tigers coming in anytime soon

if you support rl in qld like you claim too you would want the dolphins some time to establish first

flippikat

Bench
You said PNG would be the 18th club because the media pushed it as a "fact" for months.

Now you're telling me "Perth Bears" will be the 18th team and arguing that the media has never been wrong?

Central Coast Bears was never guaranteed the 16th licence. The Sydney media pushed the angle ad nauseum to sell papers. Readers believed it. Then they sooked when the media speculation turned out to be bullshit.

I still remember all of the dumbarses on here wanking their cocks over the "Gold Coast Bears" a few years ago. There were articles in the Sydney media pushing it as a fait accompli.

The Sydney media has been running an annual or bi-annual story about the Bears coming back for years. All of their claims have turned out to be bullshit.

John Singleton only wanted the Central Coast Bears so he would have a tenant at the stadium. He chucked a massive tantrum when he didn't get his way. Just like the tantrum he chucked the other day about the Bears and Perth.
Spot on. Fact us we can't take anything as gospel unless & until we see the official announcement from the NRL itself.

Reports, rumors, hints, suggestions & assumptions make media content.. good clickbait & excellent material for internet forums, but you can't say anything is certain from that... just degrees of likelihood.

Nutz

Bench
Brisbane could easily support another club, The Ipswich Jets. Very marketable. Huge nursery.
Brisbane would then have a North, South, East-central and West Teams... Biggest populations, more money, more sponsors and bigger crowds.
SOO would be huge and strangle the other codes on the east coast.
I just don't know if Rugby League will work in Perth. Would people living in the Eastern states support them, even old Bears supporters...meaning Perth will be on their own??
I only stayed with the Wests Tigers initially because of my love of LO.
I'm pretty ignorant about the whole thing, it's just my gut feeling.

Cc bears was for the titans spot lol

The Central Coast Bears were never getting an NRL licence.

png got pushed back a year whoop do

You said they were getting the 18th licence. The Sydney media said the same thing. You were wrong. They were wrong.

We don't even know if PNG will get one of the next three licences. Their admission is dependent on approval from the majority of the 17 NRL clubs, NSWRL and QRL. The RLPA won't support it. No one will want to relocate to Port Moresby because it's a horrible place to live. Whenever you're confronted with these inconvenient facts you make the bullshit claim that V'landys always gets what he wants, even though it's been pointed out to you that many of his insane ideas he's pushed have failed to see the light of day.

Remember V'landys' claim about a Pasifika team based in Cairns and playing games in Fiji, PNG, Samoa and Tonga?

He kept rambling about that until the PNG and Aus Gov told him to get f**ked. He's now walked back his rhetoric by saying a PNG team won't go ahead unless it is signed off by the other 17 clubs and Aus Gov. It's patently obvious he has serious doubts about PNG and is creating as much distance as he can without admitting he f**ked up.

Would you and MugaB want to live in Port Moresby?

stop being a baby Brisbane just got a second team two years ago

the dolphins would be hugely against Brisbane tigers coming in anytime soon

if you support rl in qld like you claim too you would want the dolphins some time to establish first

I'm being realistic about PNG. No one with a brain thinks PNG will work.

You live in a fantasy world and are biased.

You're always painting the ARL as benevolent expansionists who were unfairly betrayed by Reds and Cowboys. You've been shown the facts from people who were at the Cowboys in 1995. You ignore these facts because they punch holes in the narrative you've created about the "poor" ARL.

Just accept that not everything is as black and white like you want to believe.

If the Sydney media said Glebe are coming back you would believe it.

Pippen94

First Grade
Brisbane could easily support another club, The Ipswich Jets. Very marketable. Huge nursery.
Brisbane would then have a North, South, East-central and West Teams... Biggest populations, more money, more sponsors and bigger crowds.
I just don't know if Rugby League will work in Perth. Would people living in the Eastern states support them, even old Bears supporters...meaning Perth will be on their own??

South East Queensland has population of 4 million & growing. Most important league markert along with Sydney.

Centy Coast

Juniors

The Bears never EVER put in an official offer for the Gold Coast license, it was all media speculation.

I have doubts over Perth. The Western Australian residents on this forum are against a Sydney club relocating to Perth. Cumins is against it.

Wb1234

Referee

Wow they (png) got delayed a year

lol
The Central Coast Bears were never getting an NRL licence.

You said they were getting the 18th licence. The Sydney media said the same thing. You were wrong. They were wrong.

We don't even know if PNG will get one of the next three licences. Their admission is dependent on approval from the majority of the 17 NRL clubs, NSWRL and QRL. The RLPA won't support it. No one will want to relocate to Port Moresby because it's a horrible place to live. Whenever you're confronted with these inconvenient facts you make the bullshit claim that V'landys always gets what he wants, even though it's been pointed out to you that many of his insane ideas he's pushed have failed to see the light of day.

Remember V'landys' claim about a Pasifika team based in Cairns and playing games in Fiji, PNG, Samoa and Tonga?

He kept rambling about that until the PNG and Aus Gov told him to get f**ked. He's now walked back his rhetoric by saying a PNG team won't go ahead unless it is signed off by the other 17 clubs and Aus Gov. It's patently obvious he has serious doubts about PNG and is creating as much distance as he can without admitting he f**ked up.

Would you and MugaB want to live in Port Moresby?

I'm being realistic about PNG. No one with a brain thinks PNG will work.

You live in a fantasy world and are biased.

You're always painting the ARL as benevolent expansionists who were unfairly betrayed by Reds and Cowboys. You've been shown the facts from people who were at the Cowboys in 1995. You ignore these facts because they punch holes in the narrative you've created about the "poor" ARL.

Just accept that not everything is as black and white like you want to believe.

If the Sydney media said Glebe are coming back you would believe it.
yes the bears were told they had the bid then gallop couldn’t convince the other clubs so titans came in

What’s the beef? You said yourself central coast should get an nrl track down the track and the bears should link it

did you forget. ?? lol

Wb1234

Referee
THE North Sydney Bears are preparing an audacious $7 million bid to take over the Gold Coast Titans and rejoin the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bears officials — led by general manager and former Test star Greg Florimo — have opened top-secret dialogue with the NRL about acquiring the financially-struggling Titans.

Part of the deal would include Gold Coast undergoing yet another identity change by wearing Norths’ traditional red and black colours and being called the Gold Coast Bears.

Norths officials have already “sounded out” the NRL, who own the Titans’ licence after the club went into voluntary administration in February 2015.

The NRL is keen to offload the Gold Coast and is exploring all financial models.

Bears officials have been closely — and quietly — monitoring the Titans’ financial plight in recent years. The main question though is whether $7 million would be enough to secure the Titans.

It is understood the proposed buyout would include the new club playing three games a year in NSW, with two of those likely to be at the Bears’ latest home, Gosford, and the other at the club’s spiritual home, North Sydney Oval, as part of an NRL retro round.

The remainder of the home games would be played at the Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast.

“There is interest from Norths,” one source, who declined to be named, said.

“I think they are just waiting for the NRL to say they’re ready for the sale process to start. Norths are waiting for the green flag to be dropped so they could get their bid under way.”

No official application from the Bears has been lodged with the NRL.

After last playing in the NRL in 1999 before three years as part of the failed Northern Eagles joint venture with Manly, Bears officials fear the club will never gain stand-alone status again in a national competition.

Negotiations have ramped up recently and are ongoing. No decision though is imminent.

One well-placed source claimed talks were at a “delicate” stage but an NRL spokesman said despite owning the Titans for two years, the club wasn’t actually on the market.

“The NRL has always said it is not a long-term owner of the Titans,” the spokesman said. “However, at this stage, we have not put the club on the market so we have not even considered any options yet.”

Some NRL officials are concerned about another possible change of brand for the Gold Coast who, since their inception in 1988 have been known as the Giants, Seagulls, Gladiators, Chargers and now the Titans.

“I’m not sure the NRL has an appetite for another name change for Gold Coast,” a source said.

The profitable North Sydney Leagues Club already operates Seagulls Club in Tweed Heads.

The Daily Telegraph contacted Florimo but he preferred not to comment.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley would also not speak about the Bears’ approach.

“As an employee of the club any comment on the sale process can only come from the current owners, the NRL,” Annesley said.

The Bears currently play in the NSW Cup as South Sydney’s feeder club.

Wow they (png) got delayed a year

lol

yes the bears were told they had the bid then gallop couldn’t convince the other clubs so titans came in

What’s the beef? You said yourself central coast should get an nrl track down the track and the bears should link it

did you forget. ?? lol
I do think Central Coast should have a team at some stage.

My contention is the media speculation over the Central Coast Bears between 2005 and 2012 was based on bullshit.

The media cannot be trusted. It has used rugby league to sell papers and draw strong ratings to their news bulletins for decades. They've used all sorts of dirty tricks to gain people's attention. The game's credibility has been seriously jeopardised by the bullshit scandals and confected outrage created by the media.

Wb1234

Referee
I do think Central Coast should have a team at some stage.

My contention is the media speculation over the Central Coast Bears between 2005 and 2012 was based bullshit.

The media cannot be trusted. It has used rugby league to sell papers and draw strong ratings to their news bulletins for decades. They've used all sorts of dirty tricks to gain people's attention. The game's credibility has been seriously jeopardised by the bullshit scandals and confected outrage created by the media.
They were right about the dolphins

Pvl leaks to the media that’s why it matters

he uses it to gauge fan response to his proposals

Nutz

Bench
Ma
I have doubts over Perth. The Western Australian residents on this forum are against a Sydney club relocating to Perth. Cumins is against it.
Maybe someone in Perth could enlighten me with how many junior league clubs/Nurseries does WA have and for me what is percentage of Polynesian league players are there compared to other codes.
The reason I'm asking this is purely from a fans and nursery perspective.
The Warriors were very successful in their entry into the Australian Rugby League's expansion because in the 90's a lot of Kiwi's swamped Australia in search for work and we suited their lifestyle....food beer and footy.
Their success was guaranteed even if that meant playing all their games in Oz....that theory was supported during the COVID period.
To be a successful franchise you have to have more than $.
A big hurdle will be to convince schools and parents to establish a pathway system and secondly play only major games there plus a magic Rd.
The rest of the games could be taken to Nth Sydney Oval and central Coast for logistical reasons.
As soon as the support base grows on the east coast it can then increase the amount of Perth games.

Latest posts