What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is Anthony Mundine not considered racist?

nqcowboy87

Bench
its also funny that tahu has refuted sol bellears claims, another agenda driven person clutching at straws, never let the truth get in the way of a good story huh sol

Fibroman

First Grade
This argument seems bogged down in semantics about what racism actually is. I don't see how it is really relevant to the overall debate on the issue of Anthony Mundine.

The simple fact is that Mr Mundine is a predudiced biggot and very typical of one at that. He has very little idea of the complex issue that is race relations in any nation colonised in recent history.

This is demonstrated by the way he speaks on the issue. He is more interested in a sound byte than the issue at hand. His lack of education is also a common thread with most biggots as is his nature to prejudge an entire group based on the expressed language of one and translating it back to cover up his own failures.

The only way Mundine can keep his bombast in tact is not to recognise that he was never picked for State Of Origin matches based on his glaring defensive issues and glad bag of brain explosion plays. Instead it must be because he is of Aboriginal descent.

Finally one cannot really discuss the puppet without the puppet master, that being Khoder Nasser. A man who regularily spent his time at Wollongong Uni distributing material designed to encourage hatred of the Jewish people.

For those doubting the puppet/puppetmaster relationship watch Mr Mundines comments after September 11th again. There is a reason he stammers when questioned on his statements. He was merely regurgitating rhetoric and therefore has no idea on how to answer questions.

Mr Mundine wants to be seen in the same light as Ali in regard to his impact on race relations in sport and that is why phrases such as cracker are dragged by him out of Americana into a society where they lack any real direct meaning. Unfortunatley the puppet will be no more than a name in a few sporting almanacs in the future.

Bottom line is that Anthony Mundine is, in the end, a pawn with very little clue but alot of charisma and sporting prowess. I think pathetic individual is a better summation of Mr. A Mundine than racist ever could be

Very well said.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Anything you say doesn't make it a fact either. this argument all depends on differing views on what racism is. Let's just agree to disagree then. But if you think youre smarter then scholars around the world whose job it is to research and study racism, then good on ya, all hail Eels Dude

Racism isn't subjective, it's objective.

rac·ism

–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Racism exists with or without power.

If a Native American starting going on about black merkins, n***ers and 'abbos', is that not racism? Is that not hatred or intolerance of another based on race, or ethnicity if you will(don't want to get into the semantics)

If someone in an Eastern European ghetto is attacked as a cracker or white merkin by some wealthy Saudi, is that no racism?

The anwser to both the questions is yes, it's racism.

By definition it is racism.

The only person in this thread confused about racism seems to be yourself. You keep bringing up pseudo-intellectual nonsense that has absolutely no value or merit when we look at the DICTIONARY definition of the word.

As you say, Aboriginals don't hold the power, as such they cannot change the global f**king definition of a word. You imbecile.

Your argument falls apart as soon as its established that there is a world beyond Australia. As a white man living in spain I have absolutely no power over aboriginals or polynesians. Yet if i was to go off on some racial hatred rant you'd happily consider me a racist. And rightly so. Yet, power over Polynesians and Aboriginals? I wouldn't have it.

To summarise. You're wrong.

yawn

Juniors
But Mundine, with 37 wins from 40 fights, vowed to silence his younger challenger - and his legion of critics - at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on January 11.
"They all talk before the fight. He is just another cracker that wants to beat dart boy, put me in my place. It ain't gonna happen," he said.
"I know he is going to come to win. He's got the big Aussie flag [tattoo] on his back, on his neck, stars and probably stripes and sh*t like that.
"But you know where I come from boys, you know where we're at.
"I know all you crackers want to see me fall. Well, line them up baby because you know what it's going to be.
White people probably behave a certain way and have certain tattoos according to Mundine.

Where he comes from is completely Aboriginal Badass county.

Last edited: