What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is that possible!!

I also blame the new held up rule.

I remember saying to someone earlier in the year that it will be hard to remember what tackle it is after checking the video ref, he should of then checked what tackle it was and told simpkins.

Go back to the old rule (held up = scrum feed 10m out to attacking team, or turnover on the last) and this sort of thing can be avoided. The refs are making more mistakes because of info overload (and bad advice from the video refs).

NPK

Bench
The new rule is good - the attacking team shouldn't get a whole new set of 6 just because they were held up ingoal.

They could even introduce counters like cricket umpires have to count up to 6 tackles. (either the ref or a touch judge)

Southernsaint

Staff member
NPK said:
They could even introduce counters like cricket umpires have to count up to 6 tackles. (either the ref or a touch judge)

Great point. A whistle tied to one wrist & a counter tied to the other. This idea shows too much common sense to ever be taken up by the NRL...

Cheers,
Ben S.

imasharkie

Coach
Simpkins had an absolute shocker last night.
I thought Gavin Badger has been ok and is a better option than both Simpkins and Clarke.

***MH***

Bench
Southernsaint said:
NPK said:

Great point. A whistle tied to one wrist & a counter tied to the other. This idea shows too much common sense to ever be taken up by the NRL...

Cheers,
Ben S.
i use a counter.... it's called my fingers.

melon....

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Refs have gone to dizzying new heights
3 tackles in a set of 6?! How could this monumental f**k be able to happen, there is 2 touchies and a video ref that should have got in the refs ear and told him it was tackle 3 not 5 :shock: :roll: :roll:

robert finch, what is going on!!
They missed the Utai massive knock on last week so it evens things out. No Dramas it was the Dirty Dogs, and there;ll be plenty more dud decisions in the next few weeks.

Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
I also blame the new held up rule.

I remember saying to someone earlier in the year that it will be hard to remember what tackle it is after checking the video ref, he should of then checked what tackle it was and told simpkins.

Go back to the old rule (held up = scrum feed 10m out to attacking team, or turnover on the last) and this sort of thing can be avoided. The refs are making more mistakes because of info overload (and bad advice from the video refs).

It's not hard to call out tackle 1,2,3, or whatever before going to the video ref. You could also tell a touchie what tackle it is and if you do forget then ask him. Not that hard really. It is the basic fundamental of the refereeing.

Latest posts