What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can these unconvincing wins go on?

The first thing i noticed against the warriors was our line speed in defence, from the out set it was moving up fast which was great to see as it gives you are chance in any game once you sort out your attack.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'd be happy to play a hooker on the bench and have farah as a half for 15-20mins a game. Give him a break from defence and it's not as if we have a better ball player in the halves then him. Someone like politani or humble coming on and doing some quick dummy half runs in the second half could work very well.

Storm did it with smith when they had friend and they still do it a bit with hinchcliffe, although now that widdop has come on they don't need to as much.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I guess the answer to this question is linked to how long Sheens keeps selecting the teams he does. For the life of me I can't work out why he chops and changes. How can players get used to those around them?

About this time every year I whinge and moan and groan about his team selections and then we string together some wins and I have to partly eat my words. I just hope I am proven wrong again this year....I have some doubts though this year.

Slightly off track, I am starting to really like the look of Humble. I thought he played well at hooker, I certainly didn't think he let himself down in defence or attack. I would really like to see him given the lattitude some others got in the half position. I really think he has potential and at worst he should be on the bench if not in the starting 13.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
for weeks our pack has been defending brilliantly and that is undeniable.

b.bear

Juniors
Yeah I don't get Sheens love affair with Reddy.

That in my view has been the sole reason for all the positional changes, because when the whole backline shuffles to accommodate a bench player, reddy is always left alone.

The fact he's had the easiest ride, positionally, out of our three centres this year, he really hasn't shown that he deserves a starting spot. Ayshford is still better than him by a good stretch, and he's not in top form yet.

I'm not really sure how much better Reddy can get, he just doesn't look like he's got anything more to give, potential wise.

Hopefully with one centre out, and a fullback out, Sheens may be forced to put some players in better positions.

I'd like to see this week
1 - Ryan
2 - Utai
3 - Ayshford
4 - Reddy
5 - Tuqiri
6 - Marshall
7 - Moltzen
9 - Farah
14 - Humble

Lets face it, Humble would be a better 7 option than Moltzen, but after his try and line break (forgetting his stupid grubber trying to copy benji which led to a warriors try and his woeful performance under the high ball), he won't be getting dropped.

That's so true I was thinking that as soon as he kicked it....