What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long for Ross

Stupid is as stupid does.

Archer & Co got it 100% right with both send offs & awarding the try.

And I hate the bastard.

roboshark

Coach
Snorkleburger said:
Mate didn't hurt us last week - only played 6 or so minutes!!

add it to williams season ending injury and it hurts big time

we dont have enough depth to cover major disruptions

squiddy

Juniors
6 weeks I reckon givien his loading , Wont hurt us too much , I like what I see in Peek and Norrie , depth is a problem though with Weirdo out now , Lance should come back in but leaves us a prop short on the bench .. When is SNowden back next week or the week after ?

Vossy said:
archer was the ref for that game as well..just thought id point that out

barely touched cronk..no force in it..just careless..3-5 weeks..white needs to get more then ross..deadset wanker for those punches on ross..and he waited for someone to hold ross

WTF...wake up. Ross was intentional and deserves a stint.

White also deserves a game or two but he did not wait for someone to hold Ross.

jc155776

Coach
Nope, he king hit him from behind to the ground first.

Then he waited for Ross to stand up, be held by two players, and unleash some elboes UFC style.

I like Ben, but that bit of idiocy is worth 8 weeks.
that other fella(White) is worth even more time out, because he intentionally did it.

Snorkleburger

Juniors
roboshark said:
add it to williams season ending injury and it hurts big time

we dont have enough depth to cover major disruptions
Williams out for the season hurts big time, as he can cover many positions. What I am saying if Gallen or Bird only played for the 6 mins last week as Ross did, we would have lost!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well lets see

Anything to mitigate the act? No

Any slip or fall into the contact area by Cronk? No

Did he hit him high. Yep

Did he mean to? Hard to argue he didn't.

What remains to be decided IMO is whether it's reckless or intentional. Looked intentional to me.

Last one to get a stint for a Reckless High Tackle was Faumuina and he got 7!!

From memory Intentional is worse than reckless. Ross has 75 carry over points, that's nearly a game by itself.

I'm betting between 8-10 for Ben.

On a side note.

Last bloke to punch someone out was Fa'alogo. He got 7 weeks. for a one on one hit on Airwaster. Now forgetting that Fa'aloga actually should of gone into credit for hitting Big Nose it can't look good for White laying into a guy who is being held by a couple of teamates. I say 4-6 for Whitey as well.

Listen to the radio and hear the mothers squealing. And the dads in fact.

Someone is going to be made an example of this weekend. I reckon all three. Ross, White and Hunt are in for holidays.

Ben, if you're reading, maybe you should go with the old Danny Williams post traumatic amnesia defence.....................

Frenzy.

Post Whore
kia ora storm said:
WTF...wake up. Ross was intentional and deserves a stint.

White also deserves a game or two but he did not wait for someone to hold Ross.

How apt is your avatar. It's obviously a picture of you as NO WAY could you say that if the peepers were working correctly.

Wanker

bidda-bang, Frenz
bidda-bang

edit: i actually think White may get more. If the angles were right, he was using his elbow more than once, intentionally.

Frenzy. said:
Ben, if you're reading, maybe you should go with the old Danny Williams post traumatic amnesia defence.....................

I'm sure I saw him have a wobble or two after a high shot earlier.

taipan

Referee
6-8 weeks,that was a cocked elbow shot,not a reflex.Being a Shark's supporter, I have watched him do some dumb things ,this has to be one of the dumbest.The message has been made loud and clear,protect the kicker,the head must be protected,no use of the elbow.The break will give do his recovery from the Manly collision a world of good anyway.

sharks8601

Juniors
i wonder if they Will take into consideration the fact that cronk was fine and that Ross was helping him up and apologizing before that cat put that cheap shot on
was still stupid by Ross nevertheless

Frenzy.

Post Whore
sharks8601 said:
i wonder if they Will take into consideration the fact that cronk was fine and that Ross was helping him up and apologizing before that cat put that cheap shot on
was still stupid by Ross nevertheless

No they won't. Makes no difference if the player is hurt.

Here's the latest word from the NRL

"Ross woes may be compounded as he could have a hefty loading added to any penalty, having been charged with a grade four reckless high tackle for raising an elbow to the jaw of Bulldogs prop Kane Cleal in July last year.

Should he receive a similar charge, Ross would be facing a seven week ban, adding to the 13 weeks of suspension he has already served during his seven-year career."

He's turning into a good front rower huh, Quigs?

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50197

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
"How long for Ross"

Should be atleast as long as Hunt gets (which will be sweet FA), but yeah, probably a long stint.

What a f**king joke.

AFL style "tackles" will be the next rule change. Cant wait.

How much is Ross getting paid per season again?

I thought he was finally going to show his worth this year.

Oh well he's got next year for the Sharks to get some football out of him.

Latest posts