What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

NGR

Juniors
Bazal said:
I can live with 4...good to see Delaney has no case to answer either, looks like old Jaiman was a little confused
so u encourage players grabbing testicles and alike? :roll:

muppet

Bazal

Post Whore
insaneink said:
Yet two days ago you were calling for 10 weeks and a sacking.

:lol: Talk about selective quoting...I see you skipped over this one, but I'll get it for you

Bazal said:
I do agree with that sentiment...Carney deserves to be hit hard by both the law and NRL...But you can't strike a guy like that and get away with it either...I think, seeing in in slow mo, my previous 10 weeks was a little harsh. But it was still a nasty incident, and he still should get about 6 weeks...

But hey, I get it, you're just a poor geniused little man with a burning need to make up for his own inabilities and feel like he's better than everyone, by making noises on an internet forum. Sad really

Bazal

Post Whore
NGR said:
so u encourage players grabbing testicles and alike? :roll:

muppet

So he grabbed his nuts did he? Really? Well, then I;m sure he'll be up before the judiciary on a contrary conduct charge won't he?

Oh, wait on, he hasn't been charged....muppet

DeeGan

Bench
DeeGan said:
Well, well, welll ... as light is shed on the story this morning (as I alluded to above) there has been an alleged incident that sparked the reaction. Delaney is alleged to have grabbed the testicles of Lowe. I missed this, the camera crew missed this, the commentary team missed this.

Looking at live, it looked like Lowe has simply made a bee-line for the player and clocked him square on the jaw for no apparent reason. I couldn't believe that as I suggested above.

I retract the last statement, this is no where near as bad as Danny Williams - thankfully.

If Delaney is to have grabbed the balls of Lowe, he copped what he deserved to be blunt about it. I have played the game at a semi-pro level and whilst I can appreciate niggling a player to get a reaction to draw the penalty (e.g. facial massage, verbal taunt etc.) - making a play like the one Delaney is alleged to have made is not on. If you condone it, you are deluded.

Attempting to guess the time out of the game is a fruitless exercise with the inconsistencies in our NRL judicial process. Anywere between 1-5 weeks is a ballpark guess.

Four weeks is suffice.

I stand by the fact Brett Delaney's actions would not have been intentional in going for the "grab" on Jaiman Lowe. Again, this is a situation that can happen in rugby league which has been interpreted as intentional by Lowe. He reacted, he serves time on the sidelines.

If it was intentional (and there is no evidence supporting that claim) than yeah, as I said above, he deserved a whack to the head. It just ain't on. Though watching replay after replay doesn't do anything to suggest there was intent on Delaney's part.

Moving on to round 12 ... ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
Bazal said:
:lol: Talk about selective quoting...I see you skipped over this one, but I'll get it for you

But hey, I get it, you're just a poor geniused little man with a burning need to make up for his own inabilities and feel like he's better than everyone, by making noises on an internet forum. Sad really
Well I guess if youre going to have several differing opinions on a subject, you run the risk of people picking up on your FIRST opinion.

Just confirms though your backdown....and for someone who doesnt care what i think of them, youre still being very very creative with the insults. :lol:

"geniused"

verrry good. :clap:

I'll give you a tip, get an opinion, and grow some balls and stick by it.

Bazal

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Well I guess if youre going to have several differing opinions on a subject, you run the risk of people picking up on your FIRST opinion.

Just confirms though your backdown....and for someone who doesnt care what i think of them, youre still being very very creative with the insults. :lol:

"geniused"

verrry good. :clap:

I'll give you a tip, get an opinion, and grow some balls and stick by it.

Your advice has been noted and ignored...I saw better footage and changed my assessment...If you've got an issue with that then I;d urge you to go play tag on the F3

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Poor Faumuina btw. Dunno which rule they invoked, the "high tackles involving SBW" rule, or the "high tackles by a large brown NZer" rule.

innsaneink

Referee
Haha...John Cartwright, what a wanker.

Just said on 10 news ''Delaney didnt see it coming'', then pointed to his face where he got all these stitches...

Hey John...we all seen it too.

DeeGan

Bench
innsaneink said:
Just said on 10 news ''Delaney didnt see it coming'', then pointed to his face where he got all these stitches...

:oops:

I want my coach to defend our team though that is a silly comment from John Cartwright :?

osg

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
4 weeks is fair, what do you suggest? Rub him out for the season?

4 weeks for potentially disfiguring a guys face for life?????... Lets look at this realistically shall we?

If you got king hit on the street after accidentally brushing up against a guys nuts in a line, would you want the full extent of the law applied??????

Irrespective of what went on prior to the hit, it is no excuse for the action that followed.

innsaneink

Referee
osg said:
4 weeks for potentially disfiguring a guys face for life?????... Lets look at this realistically shall we?

If you got king hit on the street after accidentally brushing up against a guys nuts in a line, would you want the full extent of the law applied??????

Irrespective of what went on prior to the hit, it is no excuse for the action that followed.

Oh FFS!

Footy field and street is totally different.

Frank Pritchard put a beatiful high shot right on Fitzhenrys chin early in yestrdays game, he gets off with nothing taking early plea, though with his record if he does it on the street he's inside for 9-18 months.

Mr Saab

Referee
They shaped up and Lowe got in 1st...wasnt a king hit and it was not a low act.
A low act would be Williams on Oneill 2004 when ONeill was not looking

The Lowe punch is No different to Mason on Fielden

Carl Webb chased Hoffman in 2005 and hammered him and got 5 weeks.

osg

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Oh FFS!

Footy field and street is totally different.

Frank Pritchard put a beatiful high shot right on Fitzhenrys chin early in yestrdays game, he gets off with nothing taking early plea, though with his record if he does it on the street he's inside for 9-18 months.

so on your logic it's a free for all then....... my issue is more with the judiciary and their inability to apply some semblence of normality and consistency in their decisions.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Jaiman copped 4 weeks because he is one of the few players in the NRL that can throw a punch.

If Willie Mason got suspended every time he threw the first puch he would've been suspended three or four times by now. Luckily for him he throws like an 80 year old woman. Though Stuart Fielden might disagree.

Bumble

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
They shaped up and Lowe got in 1st...wasnt a king hit and it was not a low act.
A low act would be Williams on Oneill 2004 when ONeill was not looking

The Lowe punch is No different to Mason on Fielden

Carl Webb chased Hoffman in 2005 and hammered him and got 5 weeks.

Alot of sense in this post.

It was nothing like the Williams/O'Neill incident, Prince is a tool. They squared up, Delaney was ready to go as well and Lowe hit him cleanly, front on when Delaney was facing him. I might add, if Delaney did what he said he did he's far more of a "dog" than Lowe.

I've seen the terms "Dog Shot" and "King Hit" bandied around in this thread...ffs :lol::lol:

The only dog shot was Delaney grabbing Lowe by the nuts.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
osg said:

If I grabbed a bloke by the orchesta stalls I would expect to cop more than clip on the chin.

badav

Bench
osg said:
so on your logic it's a free for all then....... my issue is more with the judiciary and their inability to apply some semblence of normality and consistency in their decisions.

Being a Cowboys fan you would remember when Carl Webb punched Ryan Hoffman and got suspended for 5 weeks. if i recall correctly, that was not graded and referred straight to the judiciary.

What sort of suspension were you expecting. It wasnt even in the league of Danny Williams, and if Carl Webb got 5 weeks, then Jaiman Lowe certainly wasnt going to get more than that i guess.

Latest posts