What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

Bumble

First Grade
TITAN1 said:
The NRL has already done that..but that doesnt stop the idiots claiming otherwise.

Ffs...they have X-ray vision, do they? He wouldn't have hit him for no reason.

Look at this without the Tangerine and Blue or whatever sh*tty colour you are goggles.

Rainbow

Juniors
Pandora's box opened!

All players can now feel free to grab other players privates without fear of penalty from the judiciary.

Mums get your kids playing another sport.

Bumble

First Grade
TITAN1 said:
English please.

Once more for the slow...

Souths fan = Red and Green goggles

Roosters = Red White and Blue goggles

QLD: Maroon goggles

Titans: ....

Bazal

Post Whore
Rainbow said:
Pandora's box opened!

All players can now feel free to grab other players privates without fear of penalty from the judiciary.

Mums get your kids playing another sport.

:lol: What f**king dribble

DeeGan

Bench
innsaneink said:
I hear Delaneys new nickname is "handjob".

Really? The nickname we are hearing on the Gold Coast is Brett "Lowe Job" Delaney :lol:

LJ for short ;-)

yobbo84

Coach
Mr Saab said:
They shaped up and Lowe got in 1st...wasnt a king hit and it was not a low act.
A low act would be Williams on Oneill 2004 when ONeill was not looking

The Lowe punch is No different to Mason on Fielden

Carl Webb chased Hoffman in 2005 and hammered him and got 5 weeks.

I must say I am COMPLETELY bewildered by the below statement:

Greg McCallum said:
"We relied on precedents and there was a precedent a few years ago with Carl Webb in a similar situation, he got up and played the ball and struck Dallas Johnson,"
"Webb's one was a grade four but there was no injury to Dallas Johnson and the higher grading is to do with the injury."
Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21806566-23214,00.html

So now the judiciary takes into account the injury when grading the offence? That's ridiculous. He got a higher grading because Brett Delaney is made out of glass? Seriously? I cannot fathom this statement.

Very dangerous territory IMO.

HevyDevy

Coach
As a neutral in this, I have to say that Lowe's biggest mistake was throwing such a great punch. If he's missed, delaney would have thrown back and that would have been that.

sooperdooper

First Grade
lowe deserved the suspension...
delaney was not guilty of anything maybe and accidental hand which happens all the time

Big-Steve

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
I must say I am COMPLETELY bewildered by the below statement:

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21806566-23214,00.html

So now the judiciary takes into account the injury when grading the offence? That's ridiculous. He got a higher grading because Brett Delaney is made out of glass? Seriously? I cannot fathom this statement.

Very dangerous territory IMO.
Agree.
It's like condoning drin driving unless you crash and injure someone. I can't believe these people have legal quals???

johns_reds

First Grade
Big-Steve said:
Agree.
It's like condoning drin driving unless you crash and injure someone. I can't believe these people have legal quals???

You get charged for drink driving whether you kill someone or not, if you do kill someone then you are charged with manslaughter - so i don't get your argument

the same applies here, Delaney is now out injured for a week or two, so Lowe should get an extra week or two, i have no problem with that.

also im a neutral fan on this and from the footage I've seen it looks accidental if he has grabbed his nuts, it just looks like he was pulling himself up from his shorts to me and Lowe has totally over reacted

lockyno1

Post Whore
Big-Steve said:
Agree.

Always has been that way. Match Review Commitee does consider injury, and always has done in the past. If delaney is out for a week becuase of Lowe's act of stupidity, Lowe should get more than Delaney. Simple. Don't blame the Match Review Commitee..blame Lowe who was just plain stupid!