What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

Chubby

Juniors
Correct,if Oneil had not turned his head away to avoid what he had strated Williams would not have got the 16 he copped.

sooperdooper

First Grade
it wasnt a king hit yet it wasnt a one on one approach...
delaney was getting back in the defensive line with his priority to defend... then he turned and there was lowe, before he could react he was on his back!

its about a 6 to 8 weeks i think. After looking at the film many times over i cant find it clear that delaney grabbed him intentionally, there are many times in a game of league and other contact sports when this happens.

now before i get called bias due to my sig etc... im being as level headed as possible.

sharko

Juniors
The Souths player will face a suspension for violent conduct..the judiciary will take into account an early plea of guilty and any mitigating circumstances ( like bag snatching) and remorse of the player. He will get a hefty sentence but not as bad as first thought. Maybe 6 weeks or so.
The Titans player on the replays and in his statement after the match did grab the testicles of the Souths player (that is defined as "bag snatching"), the Titans player admits grabbing at the front of the shorts of the Souths player, no reason for him to do that other than to encourage a physical response for the Souths player.
The Titans player should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and also charged with an offence similar to Hopoate. I would give him 4 weeks or so for bag snatching.

DeeGan

Bench
sharko said:
The Titans player on the replays and in his statement after the match did grab the testicles of the Souths player (that is defined as "bag snatching"), the Titans player admits grabbing at the front of the shorts of the Souths player, no reason for him to do that other than to encourage a physical response for the Souths player.

Brett Delaney on the incident said, "I just had him by the shorts and I was hanging on, that is footy," he told The Gold Coast Bulletin.

"I was making a tackle, I wasn't going to let go. I didn't go in there trying to hang onto his balls or nothing, I just thought my hand was on his shorts.

"And the next thing I know I was waking up. You can't just go ahead and belt someone."

If there was any "bag snatching" it was not intentional, it was accidental interpreted as intentional by Lowe.

It is best summed up by our co-captain Scott Prince.

"Frog (Delaney) wouldn't have meant anything by it ... it would have been an accident," said Prince.

"We get hit around that area all the time. Obviously he (Lowe) took offence to it and he retaliated.

"At the end of the day you can't do that in today's game."

DeeGan

Bench
smeghead said:
And Scott Prince still can't tackle in todays game.

The thread regarding the Jaiman Lowe hit on Brett Delaney is much better for your contribution.

smeghead

Bench
I thought so.

Kudos on not taking the bait though.

Lowe will get suspended. But I find it funny that one of the games premier cheap shot and niggle merchants in Prince starts getting involved.

DeeGan

Bench
smeghead said:
I thought so.

Kudos on not taking the bait though.

Lowe will get suspended. But I find it funny that one of the games premier cheap shot and niggle merchants in Prince starts getting involved.

*If it looks like bait, it smells like bait, it is bait*

As co-captain Scott Prince was asked for his thoughts on the incident given he was the first Titans player "on the scene" on Saturday night. Forgive me, I can't see the humour in it :?

NGR

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
it wasnt a king hit yet it wasnt a one on one approach...
delaney was getting back in the defensive line with his priority to defend... then he turned and there was lowe, before he could react he was on his back!

its about a 6 to 8 weeks i think. After looking at the film many times over i cant find it clear that delaney grabbed him intentionally, there are many times in a game of league and other contact sports when this happens.

now before i get called bias due to my sig etc... im being as level headed as possible.
BS...

watch the footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKvxK2BPVOc

delaney is in thje motion of throwing a punch too...

smeghead

Bench
Oh also if it was such a dog shot why is Delaney starting to c**k his right hand when Lowe smacks him??? Seems to me he knew what was coming and was about to throw one

griffo346

First Grade
Lowe facing four-match ban

May 28, 2007
SOUTH Sydney prop Jaiman Lowe is facing a four-week ban for his 'king-hit' on Gold Coast centre Brett Delaney on Saturday night.

Lowe was hit with a grade five striking charge - the maximum grading allowable without the incident being referred straight to the judiciary - after being sent off for knocking Delaney senseless.

The incident occurred three minutes from full-time in the Titans' 25-18 win at Carrara Stadium.

The Rabbitohs front rower claimed he had been provoked into lashing out, accusing Delaney of grabbing him on the testicles.

Delaney was not charged over the incident.

The grade five charge carries a base penalty of 525 points, but Lowe can escape with a four game ban with an early guilty plea.

He would be risking a six-match suspension by fighting the charge at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

Four other players were charged but Cowboys lock Sione Faumuina is the only one facing suspension after being charged with a grade one reckless high tackle.

The former New Zealand Test representative collected Bulldogs back rower Sonny Bill Williams with a swinging arm just before full-time in Friday night's 26-16 win to the Cowboys.

He is facing a three-game ban with an early guilty plea or four games if he unsuccessfully fights the charge.

Manly's Anthony Watmough (dangerous throw) and Penrith duo Frank Pritchard (careless high tackle) and Michael Gordon (dangerous throw) will all escape suspension with early guilty pleas.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21806566-23214,00.html

innsaneink

Referee
madunit said:
18 weeks. Mind you, I think Williams's was worse, but only slightly. I was at the game when Williams hit O'Neill, and to be fair O'Neill slammed Williams' head into the turf. Using the whole, "He touched my nuts" excuse is very very lame. Surely you have to accept and realise that in a tough physical contact sport such as rugby league that you may end up getting your jatz crackers groped a few times in your career. I saw the incident with Lowe, and honestly, there's absolutely nothing in it.

He'll get minimum 15 weeks.

Souths won't sack him, purely because his attitude is too similar to that of Rusty.

Thankfully the judiciary arent the drama queens our good friend unit is....15 weeks...LOL.

deegan said:
Brett Delaney on the incident said, "I just had him by the shorts and I was hanging on, that is footy," he told The Gold Coast Bulletin.

"I was making a tackle, I wasn't going to let go. I didn't go in there trying to hang onto his balls or nothing, I just thought my hand was on his shorts.

"And the next thing I know I was waking up. You can't just go ahead and belt someone."

If there was any "bag snatching" it was not intentional, it was accidental interpreted as intentional by Lowe.

It is best summed up by our co-captain Scott Prince.

"Frog (Delaney) wouldn't have meant anything by it ... it would have been an accident," said Prince.

"We get hit around that area all the time. Obviously he (Lowe) took offence to it and he retaliated.

"At the end of the day you can't do that in today's game."

Haha...stick your head in the sand, youre seriously deluded if you really believe this, gee up I'd guess.

4 weeks, a bit harsh imo but at least they didnt over react like some here.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can live with 4...good to see Delaney has no case to answer either, looks like old Jaiman was a little confused

innsaneink

Referee
Bazal said:
I can live with 4...good to see Delaney has no case to answer either, looks like old Jaiman was a little confused

Yet two days ago you were calling for 10 weeks and a sacking.

bazal said:
10 weeks minimum...absolute disgraceful act...and given JT is a close mate of Delaney, I hope he never sees first grade at Souths again

As I said on saturday nite......

ink said:
LOL...the back down begins.....little steps at first will soon become mighty leaps...you dont sound so sure of yourself now.
As you can see I was 100% correct.

:lol: