What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have been a supporter of the Warriors since day 1?

Hulk Hogan

Juniors
Remember the pagentry of the first game, the army shootup show, the narrow loss to Brissy?
Doesnt seem that long ago huh.
Anyway, im a newbie and been a fan since day one.
Im very positive about this year, just got that feeling.......... 8)

Iafeta

Referee
Certainly have. Loved them walking out of the fiery tunnel, the pacific islands drums - man, those were the days.

And I have that feeling too. I'm outwardly confident, quietly measured and cautious outwardly, but I have a wicked feeling that we'll bounce back this year. I reckon 2006 if they do bounce back this year will be "the" year if you know what I mean.

Hulk Hogan

Juniors
I dont expect us to win this year, but expect a semi.
Price's influence on field will be enormous, and Campo and Cleary off it will be huge.
Not forgetting a new look attitude.

My wife is a Roosters fan and the atmosphere in the house for the final a couple of years ago was wicked. :D

JTR

Juniors
*sticks hand up*

I was a Raiders fan previously (go big Mal!), but that was always going to be a short term thing while waiting for the Warriors first season.

I'll have to dust off all my old tapes one day and re-live the memories.

Martli

Coach
I wasn't really a league fan untill recently, but when ever I saw the warriors on TV i would support them.

bayrep

Juniors
I remember when they announced that the Warriors where in the NRL. 18 months build up it had to be the longest year and the final month until they played the Broncos took forever. Bell is still one of my heros.

dazza

Staff member
bayrep said:
I remember when they announced that the Warriors where in the NRL. 18 months build up it had to be the longest year and the final month until they played the Broncos took forever. Bell is still one of my heros.

me too mate.

we went down to hopu hopu for their pre season training, & i got john monie to sign his coaching video i bought. also got dean bell to sign my warriors jacket. u know the one with the massive warriors logo on the back & it is very long. i`ve still got ot now & phil blakes autograph is on there too. we got him to sign it at our local pub.

i remember hello sailor as the pre match entertainment for one of the games, they were awesome!

the tunnel, the fire, the drums, man i could go on forever. :D :D

cheers dazza

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
the mobil challenge was the first games i went to. they played a nz central outfit, canterbury and auckland invitation sides.

i was a parramatta fan at the time they got excepted in, so as soon as i heard they had john monie as coach, i was keen.

Nz

Juniors
When the warriors really started playing RUGBY LEAGUE , was when i started supporting them :shock:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Nz said:
When the warriors really started playing RUGBY LEAGUE , was when i started supporting them :shock:

so you are one of those bandwagon supporters who jumped on board in 2002

AliN

Live Update Team
lol..
gotta support the boys thru thick and thin and there have been some pretty thin years!

Proud to say supported the Warriors from Day 1, and the game from when my hazy teenage years..

bayrep

Juniors
The great thing about supporting a team is that you go through the high and lows. If you supported a team that won everything every year it would get mundane. Look at what happened to the AKL Rugby crowds through the 90's. It has been tough supporting the Warriors through some shocking games. But I have never given up on them and when they had their first game against the Bronco's, Beat the Broncos for the first time here and away, made the Finals for the first time then every step through the finals to the final it was a very proud moment. I felt like I was on that field with them. It was fantastic. Bring on another season I would love them to win the comp as we all would but I am not worried about what may happen.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
bayrep said:
The great thing about supporting a team is that you go through the high and lows. If you supported a team that won everything every year it would get mundane. Look at what happened to the AKL Rugby crowds through the 90's. It has been tough supporting the Warriors through some shocking games. But I have never given up on them and when they had their first game against the Bronco's, Beat the Broncos for the first time here and away, made the Finals for the first time then every step through the finals to the final it was a very proud moment. I felt like I was on that field with them. It was fantastic. Bring on another season I would love them to win the comp as we all would but I am not worried about what may happen.

thats deep, man

Latest posts