What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have been a supporter of the Warriors since day 1?

dazza

Staff member
playdaball said:
Supported the warriors p[revious to day 1 - no not Mt wellington!

I first supported the Sorensens (Kurt and Dane) at Cronulla

i`ve been a warrior since i was born, mt wellington, that is :)

kurt & dane also played for the warriors, mt wellington that is, too

cheers dazza

playdaball

Bench
dazza said:
playdaball said:

cheers dazza

Hey Dazza

The gold old Sky blue and gold V jerseys.

I thought you'd pick up on this one.

Kurt and Dane - LEGENDS.

Iro boys were also from Mt Wellington, Sean Hoppe as well?

GI, Penrose and Mt Wellington were all good 'bredding' grounds for a RL club

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
carlnz said:
Dirty Hoe said:
carlnz said:
I was a Penrith Boy since 91...but it wasent till 97 when i went to my first Warriors game against the Panthers (Super League Warriors Won, Goreden Falcon sent off) and i got pelted with bottles for supporting another team...thats when I became a Warriors fan for ever!! Its a matter of us vs them...and always will be!

so you became a warriors supporter cause the fans intimidated you?? very strange

No if you read it...

thats when I became a Warriors fan for ever!! Its a matter of us vs them...and always will be

us being who?? i really am not sure where you come from. you seem really passionate, but you tend to write things that come from the heart and not form the head. maybe think about things and i mean really think about things before you post.

im not gettng up you hey...just trying to help you out. you run that website and i dont want you to be another dude like matto. all the best

carlnz

Bench
LOL @ Matto...

What I mean is US (NZ) vs THEM (AUS) took me 2 years till i got into it because i was such a big Panther fan..That rivarly we have against Australia is the best thing in sport!

I could say some things but i would get in trouble! But hey i travel up and down the country watching rugby league..and i love it but when it comes to the Falcons....

dazza

Staff member
playdaball said:
dazza said:
playdaball said:

cheers dazza

Hey Dazza

The gold old Sky blue and gold V jerseys.

I thought you'd pick up on this one.

Kurt and Dane - LEGENDS.

Iro boys were also from Mt Wellington, Sean Hoppe as well?

GI, Penrose and Mt Wellington were all good 'bredding' grounds for a RL club

you`re dead right mate. you can add panmure to that list too. panmure & proud.

sean played for mount before he went to northcote, ( good gi boy) clinton toopi also, before he went to oats. james leuluai is another.

i played with kurt in the masters festival in brisbane in 2000. awesome feeling to play along side a legend of our game. my dad coached him for a couple of years at the mount.

cheers dazza

Skinner

Coach
Dirty Hoe said:
kurt would of still been playing first grade at seagulls on the gold coast in 2000 wouldnt he?

Hey Hoe....have you taken Auckland Anniversary Day off :lol: :lol:

I always take Australia Day.....I lived there long enough to qualify :lol:

Skinner

dazza

Staff member
Dirty Hoe said:
kurt would of still been playing first grade at seagulls on the gold coast in 2000 wouldnt he?

not too sure about that mate.

he was playing for otahuhu at the festival. he didn`t know we were coming over, but ended up playing 1 game for us. got a photo with him in our mount jumpers too 8)

cheers dazza

playdaball

Bench
I last saw (Kurt) him in Coolangatta a few years ago. He owned a seafood resturant /. takeaway together with his cousin ex Otahuhu and Auckland centre Kenny Andersson.
Kurt Sorensen Jrn has signed for Parramatta this year.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
For me it was in 2001 when I noticed they really started playing some decent footy. Bought my first Warriors jersey that year and still support them though they are my "other" team. I've been a Dragons supporter since 1985, and I couldn't just give away 10 years of cheering them on (though they STILL haven't won a title in that time lol). In saying that, I still back the Warriors and when they are on their game they are a joy to watch.

JoeD

First Grade
Been there from the beginning and reminded them of it when they tried to shaft me on season tickets. Preseason match '95 we beat Canberra at Carlaw and i thought we would go alright for the rest of the season. sadly i was wrong . . . . :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Yes, I have been a supporter from Day 1 and have been with them ever since.

I originally started supporting League with the Penrith Panthers in 1990 and stayed with them until the early 90's. They had lost Phil Gould and Brad Fittler. Greg Alexander's brother died so he stopped playing. So I eventually turned to the Broncos and stayed with them until the Auckland Warriors' emergence.

No need to say that when the Warriors signed Greg Alexander, I was overjoyed.

Peter Sterling said he has been a huge fan of the Warriors and believed that they bought fresh air into the game with the style they played. Thats a huge compliment from across the Tasman

AliN

Live Update Team
He's always liked their style and would say plenty of positives about them while others were rubbishing their style. That said, he's still an Aussie at heart..

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
AliN said:
He's always liked their style and would say plenty of positives about them while others were rubbishing their style. That said, he's still an Aussie at heart..

whats your point about him being aussie at heart? our new captain is aussie at heart...

AliN

Live Update Team
Dirty Hoe said:
AliN said:

whats your point about him being aussie at heart? our new captain is aussie at heart...

goddam, did I say that 8) .

Must be good fishing weather.

JoeD

First Grade
you catchin' anything? i got a good snapper last weekend off waiheke 8)

Latest posts