What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many have been a supporter of the Warriors since day 1?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Supporter since before day 1 (basically from the moment it was announced we were in the ARL).
Didn't start attending games until I moved to Auckland a few years later though.

Marduk

Juniors
I was an Auckland Warriors fan for their first season. I still habe the old DB Bitter jersey laying around somewhere. Alexander, Blake & Ngamu were my favourite players.

At the end of the 1st season, I saw the light and became a Cronulla supporter and that's the way it's remained. :)

Nz

Juniors
When they started playing that razzle dazzle rugby league , when they finished 8th in the nrl , think it was 2001 :?:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Proud to say I was there for the first game, aged 9. I was also there on my 10th birthday when we "beat" Wests #-o Considering I was only a little kid, I think I've done pretty well to be a genuine Warriors fan this entire time. My interest has peaked and waned over the years but I have ALWAYS been a Warriors fan.

Art Vanderlay

Juniors
Ahh yes that great day!

Started early in Christchurch, myself and 2 mates had a few mainland brews then off to the airport.... now there was some Air New Zealand pilots strike, and air NZ had "shipped" in some half pie pilots from somewhere! Anyway it took 3 attempts to land the f#$king plane!

So we are running late, myself and 2 other mates decided to trust the cab driver to take our luggage to our hotel in the city as there was no way we could make the game on time! so he drop us off on a cnr near the stadium.......

The whole game was over in a flash we lost but what a great start!!! What a great night!! Oh it also helped that we knew Logan Edwards he got us into the players/sponsors after match function!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah warriors till I die!!!!

carlnz

Bench
Dirty Hoe said:
Nz said:
When the warriors really started playing RUGBY LEAGUE , was when i started supporting them :shock:

so you are one of those bandwagon supporters who jumped on board in 2002

Who cares if people jump on the band wagon...the more people support Rugby League in this Country the better!!

Plus NZ is a band wagon country...as soon as a team goes crap everyone stops going to the games!!

I hope for one the Warriors do well so more people watch, play and get into the game some how some way!

It will filter its way through the Bartercard Cup to junior teams etc etc!!

I was a Penrith Boy since 91...but it wasent till 97 when i went to my first Warriors game against the Panthers (Super League Warriors Won, Goreden Falcon sent off) and i got pelted with bottles for supporting another team...thats when I became a Warriors fan for ever!! Its a matter of us vs them...and always will be!

How ever I still have a few holes in my wall from last years game...those two Golden point losses still hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
carlnz said:
I was a Penrith Boy since 91...but it wasent till 97 when i went to my first Warriors game against the Panthers (Super League Warriors Won, Goreden Falcon sent off) and i got pelted with bottles for supporting another team...thats when I became a Warriors fan for ever!! Its a matter of us vs them...and always will be!

so you became a warriors supporter cause the fans intimidated you?? very strange

playdaball

Bench
Supported the warriors p[revious to day 1 - no not Mt wellington!

I was always a floating supporter going for teams that featured New Zealanders. I first supported the Sorensens (Kurt and Dane) at Cronulla before moving onto Balmain with Olsen Filipania and Norths where Clayton Friend,Olsen, Fred Ah Koui and Mark Graham were. Also jumped on the Maori Warringah bandwagon as Lowie, the late Adrian Shel;ford, Joe Ropati, Darrell Williams, Iros and ridgey were playing. liked the Green machine too!
Thank god the Warriors did make it as I seemed to spread my support to a lot of teams. Using the exercise now would be hard as there are a lot of Kiwis involved in the NRL - IN JUST ABOUT EVERY CLUB!

Martli

Coach
I was 7 too and I collected league cards, but didn't watch it hahaha. I had Steven Kerney, Hitro Okisini and Tea Ropati from the warriors with some lesser name players form other clubs :D, aswell Darryel Hallagan, James Leuleui and various others (I had some kiwis cards aswell as ARL ones). Haha I used to trade them with my mate aswell, we each had about 10 cards each :p.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
why is that a barrier to not support the warriors...i was playing and supporting league when i was 7

I also lived in Sydney. And i didn't really follow much of any sport until a few years ago.

carlnz

Bench
Dirty Hoe said:
carlnz said:

so you became a warriors supporter cause the fans intimidated you?? very strange

No if you read it...

thats when I became a Warriors fan for ever!! Its a matter of us vs them...and always will be

Latest posts