What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Lumbering QLD players are there??

Eddie.

Bench
What is so special about Cameron Smith, talk about a lack of spark!!!.

Carroll against Kennedy is a mis match.

Bailey could out run Paul Bowman

Players such as Flannery and Parker added very little throughout the series.

Thurston and Williams were shown up as poor selections.

Phillips

Referee
QLD used 3 very poor sides this yr

where was Steven Bell, Justin Hodges???

Scott Prince, QLD's best halfback, why was he not there?

Cameron Smith is a solid first grader, not rep material

Ashley Harrison added nothing from the bench, he should have started

still cant beleive they didnt pick Schifcofske, the second best fullback in the game

PARRA_FAN

Coach
To be fair, I thought Cam Smith played well he tried his best tonight, but wouldve been better if their forwards were doing well. Same with the little blokes like Bowen, Williams and Sing, the forwards didnt give them enough space.

Nutley is another who tried his best. But losing Price, Webb and dropping Slater was the worse that could happen to Queensland, they were out on the feet after 20 minutes going nowhere.

Brad Thorn is nothing, too old, too slow. Carroll probably came a bit too early. Berrigan aint as good as is for the Broncos, Bowman is just a defender, shouldve gone with Bell. Scott Prince is unlucky. Crocker is a thug, nothing else.

There's only a few players that NSW would fear, the rest are there to make up the numbers.

raider_ktj

Juniors
Phillips said:
QLD used 3 very poor sides this yr

where was Steven Bell, Justin Hodges???

Scott Prince, QLD's best halfback, why was he not there?

Cameron Smith is a solid first grader, not rep material

Ashley Harrison added nothing from the bench, he should have started

still cant beleive they didnt pick Schifcofske, the second best fullback in the game

I would love to see Schifcofske in the QLD jersey, he is extremely underrated!

Cam Smith played a decent series but the rest of the Maroons forwards were very weak tonight. Thorn couldn't use his size, TBC = MIA, Ross was ineffective, Crocker had aggression in defense but couldn't go forward, Harrison and Parker were invisible, and Flannery was muted. Nutley tried hard, should get another go, and Civo did alright.

The halves couldn't do anything because the forwards weren't making meters while Berrigan should've been dropped after losing the race with King early in game 2 and Bowen didn't deserve his spot.

camsmith

Juniors
Dont tell me you guys are turning on Cam Smith!?

He was about 1 of 5 guys actually trying tonight i thought. He adds so much more defensive pressure.. just look at the stats.

Give me a break, I think the focus should be on the other forwards.. pathetic.

simostorm

Bench
Cam Smith was fine, his kicking game was good, Nutley was good and Crocker,
thats about it.
I dont hear anyone saying anything about Lockyer?????
He underperformed more then anyone out there, he was rubbish.
I dont ever want to hear the debate about who's better ever again,
between lockyer and Johns, Johns makes Lockyer look like a cheap hooker.

Johns Magic

Referee
And at the start of the series everyone was criticising Ricky for choosing a light, mobile pack...

Ghoulies

Bench
I dont hear anyone saying anything about Lockyer?????
Read the other 12 thousand Origin threads. It ranges from, "Lockyer is over-rated" to "Even Matt Gidley is better than Lockyer".

Big Pete

Referee
Thing was Johns Magic was that the Maroons had Steve Price and Carl Webb.

Now want to see the results of those two players playing together go watch Origin 1 when they owned you.

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Pete said:
Thing was Johns Magic was that the Maroons had Steve Price and Carl Webb.

Now want to see the results of those two players playing together go watch Origin 1 when they owned you.

Fire up mate! Just because Lockyer got shown up again.

Big Pete

Referee
Just because Lockyer had an off night dosn't mean he's extremely bad, I'll admit this game no excuses for him as he played poorly but you know what champion players do? They rise up again Johns Magic, just like your favourite player did this series, he rose from the dead to give NSW victory.

Now before you go on about how Lockyer can never own Johns, how Lockyer is sh*t compared to Johns, it was 2 years ago QLD defeated NSW 36-6 now both players played and only one played better and that was Lockyer because hell Johns couldn't do a thing that night oh I guess he must of been terrible his side received a flogging worse then Lockyers tonight.

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Pete said:
Just because Lockyer had an off night dosn't mean he's extremely bad, I'll admit this game no excuses for him as he played poorly but you know what champion players do? They rise up again Johns Magic, just like your favourite player did this series, he rose from the dead to give NSW victory.

Now before you go on about how Lockyer can never own Johns, how Lockyer is sh*t compared to Johns, it was 2 years ago QLD defeated NSW 36-6 now both players played and only one played better and that was Lockyer because hell Johns couldn't do a thing that night oh I guess he must of been terrible his side received a flogging worse then Lockyers tonight.

2 years ago Lockyer was a fullback. Totally different matter.

Lockyer played poorly this whole series. It's no coincidence that when Johns returned NSW started winning again.

Big Pete

Referee
Not entirely, Lockyer played more of a play making role then Shaun Berrigan who correct me if I'm wrong was halfback for that match.

It's also no coincidence once the best prop in the world left and QLD put no pressure on the halfback NSW won the series.

Johns Magic

Referee
Well NSW didn't have "the best prop in the world" either. But Lockyer still struggled. You can't seriously be saying that Price's absence was the only reason Johns dominated and owned Lockyer?

Big Pete

Referee
And who is their best prop in the world? Last time I heard it was Bailey but by now to suit yourselves you've changed it to O'Meley.

Also O'Meley and Price are different players in that Price actually adds more into putting pressure which if we said was game 2 would've changed the whole match as Johns was the difference, but if anyone actually had targeted him I don't think he would've been leaving Telstra Stadium standing.

shadow grinder

First Grade
cam smith is the only decent thing QLD had this year!

38 tackles tonight....he is a machine in defence sure his attacking wasnt the best...but neither was thurstons or lockyers. if cam smith gets dropped then lockyer and thurston will aswell.

Latest posts