What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people have foxtel just for the league?

LRC

I wonder if a survey has been done about this.

Myself and most people I know would drop it straight away if there wasn't any league on it.

This would give us an indication of its true value.

If the majority of league people dropped foxtel how much revenue would they (Foxtel) lose.
Would they still be able to afford the AFL or Union...is our money proping them codes up??

If 200000 (conservative I reckon) people pay $60 a month just for the league..that is $144 million a year just from league lovers.

Surely each club could get at least $5 mill a year ($80m total)....leaving enough for broadcasting cost to the network, development funds and profit.. ($44m)

Then there is the FTA deal,sposnorship and Origin which would generate enough for admin and development.

And of course clubs can tip in from their incomes.

I wonder what the figures would be like?

There is a hell of money being generated by this game.....where is it??

Last edited:

Someone

Bench
I only really have it for league. I dont mind its NCIS, or thats 70s show though.

But i wouldnt have it if NRL wasnt on it.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
I have it for league and a host of other sports as well, I have it as well because the standard of free to air TV rates about 2 out of 10. Pay TV rates a little higher about 4 out of 10

squiddy

Juniors
Yep only for the League here too

I'd get rid of it in a flash

Mind you I do like Fuel for the surfing

I'd still have Austar even if there was no league on it. But I wouldn't have the Fox Sports package and that is essentially the company that owns the right, which is not exactly the same as Foxtel, or Austar for that matter.

scruffystorm

Juniors
I would still have foxtel if league wasn't on it. I enjoy watching most sports and it also has some alright tv shows that arnt on free to air.

JW

Coach
Got it for the League originally, but I'd still keep it. The Fox Sports package would be touch and go though, with the Cricket the only saving grace.

FTA is garbage these days, especially if you aren't a crime show buff.

jargan83

Coach
Being in Perth it was originally picked up for the League living here in Perth. Also have it for other sports especially Cricket. If League wasn't on Fox not sure if I would keep it though

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
I couldn't justify it really if all the league was on FTA.

Yeah I watch the EPL and a few other sports but it would be much more of a luxury than the necessity it is now.

Doug2234

First Grade
i love Foxtel. Sport is the big one for me but i stil wouldnt get rid of it if league was lost...

Misses loves movies and the entertainment aspect..

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I have it for NRL and EPL, that's about it. Had to get NBA League Pass due to the terrible coverage of that sport we get over here. I'd like the same sort of thing for league, then I wouldn't have to still watch Friday/Sunday games on delay.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Wow that's pretty cool. Though does that only cover games ESPN broadcast? They show like 5 Bucks games a year, that's basically the main reason I got league pass.