What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many players are Parra going to lose to England??

Hurriflatch

Referee
David Vaealiki - Wigan
Junior Langi - Salford
Jamie Lyon - St Helens
Mal Kaufusi - London
Chris Thorman - Huddersfield
Wise Katiaverta - Widnes (before visa problems)

already over there
Jim Dymock - London
Dennis Moran - London
Colum Halpenny - Wakefield
David Solomona - Wakefield

and Jason Smith - HUll (but he is going to Canberra in '05)

Then in France
Andrew Meads and Justin Morgan with Lee Hopkins and Shane Muspratt expected to join from 2005.

I guess considering just about every NRL club has got 2-3 ex-Eels might has well start fill up the ranks in England and France.

bartman

Immortal
Don't forget:
Steven Crouch - Castleford
Mark Tookey - Castleford
Matt Adamson - Leeds (but coming back with Jason Smith in '05)

We are the world...

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, we should have a slogan.

"Parramatta. Producers of fine Rugby League talent for all clubs - since 1947"!

The Colonel

Immortal
Corey Pearson looks set to retire but has been offered a contract by London for next year if he doesn't.

bartman

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
Corey Pearson looks set to retire but has been offered a contract by London for next year if he doesn't.

...playing at 5-8, Colonel? ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Colonel Eel said:
Halfback - Denis Moran is apparently coming home. :lol:

Actually I don't know whether your serious or not but I heard a whisper that might come to fruition.

fish eel

Immortal
If moran was to come back to parra, we'd have far and away, possibly the most dynamnic dummy half combinations of any club.

Riddell comes off......on goes Moran. If our pack can get a roll on next year, that combination could carve it up!

Stagger eel

Staff member
don't wet yourselves lads! this is one thing I don't believe, his been linked to us every year since his left.

PTB

Juniors
How much money have you got?

If you want Moran he is under contract for another 2 years so any transfer will involve a fee.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PTB said:
How much money have you got?

If you want Moran he is under contract for another 2 years so any transfer will involve a fee.

are u kidding???

I don't think there's a player in the ESL you would pay a transfer fee to play in a far superior competition.

forget it!!!!

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember someone saying that most aussie players have a get out clause if they wanted to come home.

I'm sure Lyon would have one too!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
I think Trent is back home. Hopkins may be in red and white next year before he makes a move to France.

ParraMatt

Bench
red and white? Dragons?

And for Moran, He is definately in the top 5 best players in england right now. I'd sign him up tommorow. Great player. 3 Tries on the weekend for london winning the game for them against St.Helens.

True EEL

Bench
if Hopkins plays for St George next year and not us - that will just about do me

i could almost handle it if he went overseas, but for St. George or someone else here will really piss me off, i have also heard that he may even end up back at the Panthers next season?????

and this whole thing of consistently producing players and then having them lost to other clubs through either 1) lack of effective talent identification/retention, 2) poor decisions, 3) lack of money or 4) poor administration, is a real worry.....

remember Wests in the 80's......i forever had to hear from my brother (a mad Magpies supporter who is older than me) talking about how the Magpies developed all this talent and had it poached by other clubs (ie. Terry Lamb - Bulldogs just to name one) and that is why they ended badly in the long run

it used to get a bit old from my point of view sometimes, but now i find myself doing that about Parramatta - all the time - as we are all well aware, all we do is lose good players lately (i don't need to list any) and we always seem to have a big turnover of players (gains and losses) at the end of each year as well

now i don't want to sound alarmist and i don't realistically think we are going the way of the Magpies, but eventually the lack of money, good players and sponsorship and lack of success saw them forced to merge

you need sucess on the field to have any of these things off the field and we are just slipping further and further down the ladder, every year

these types of things catch up to you sooner or later, just hope it doesn't catch up with Parra.....and furthermore, good, consistent sides usually have a low to moderate turnover of players at the end of each year, like Canterbury and the Broncos for example - they maintain consistency and cohesion with a solid core of players from year to year - we have not been lately??????

Eelementary

Post Whore
True EEL said:
if Hopkins plays for St George next year and not us - that will just about do me

i could almost handle it if he went overseas, but for St. George or someone else here will really piss me off, i have also heard that he may even end up back at the Panthers next season?????

and this whole thing of consistently producing players and then having them lost to other clubs through either 1) lack of effective talent identification/retention, 2) poor decisions, 3) lack of money or 4) poor administration, is a real worry.....

remember Wests in the 80's......i forever had to hear from my brother (a mad Magpies supporter who is older than me) talking about how the Magpies developed all this talent and had it poached by other clubs (ie. Terry Lamb - Bulldogs just to name one) and that is why they ended badly in the long run

it used to get a bit old from my point of view sometimes, but now i find myself doing that about Parramatta - all the time - as we are all well aware, all we do is lose good players lately (i don't need to list any) and we always seem to have a big turnover of players (gains and losses) at the end of each year as well

now i don't want to sound alarmist and i don't realistically think we are going the way of the Magpies, but eventually the lack of money, good players and sponsorship and lack of success saw them forced to merge

you need sucess on the field to have any of these things off the field and we are just slipping further and further down the ladder, every year

these types of things catch up to you sooner or later, just hope it doesn't catch up with Parra.....and furthermore, good, consistent sides usually have a low to moderate turnover of players at the end of each year, like Canterbury and the Broncos for example - they maintain consistency and cohesion with a solid core of players from year to year - we have not been lately??????

I agree, but by the same token we are now signing quality Juniors.

Last night on the Footy Show they showed our latest recruit, Backo, in action, and he looked great. Not to mention Blake Green.

Latest posts