What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many tickets sold?

bender

Juniors
yakstorm said:
They certainly left it late, must assume people don't plan what to do on their weekends anymore than a week in advance.

Still as they say, better late than never.

Yakstorm, what they have done is very sound business practice. I must admit, most things the NRL have done under Gallop are spot on. The guy is one very switched on administrator. Either that, or his team around him are very good.

Very few people will buy tickets more than a week in advance. Sure, some people like to plan interstate trips, but most of those people would be diehards and would know the match is on in advance, due to other advertising and media reporting. By concentrating advertising in the last week, or less, you create an absolute buzz around town and tickets sales grow accordingly. It is far better to spend $100000 in 3 days then to spend the same amount over 3 months.

Plus also remember, that most people have been fully focused on the final series for the last few weeks.

bender said:
Yakstorm, what they have done is very sound business practice. I must admit, most things the NRL have done under Gallop are spot on. The guy is one very switched on administrator. Either that, or his team around him are very good.

Very few people will buy tickets more than a week in advance. Sure, some people like to plan interstate trips, but most of those people would be diehards and would know the match is on in advance, due to other advertising and media reporting. By concentrating advertising in the last week, or less, you create an absolute buzz around town and tickets sales grow accordingly. It is far better to spend $100000 in 3 days then to spend the same amount over 3 months.

Plus also remember, that most people have been fully focused on the final series for the last few weeks.

You dont think it would have been a good idea to advertise the game when the NRL had an audence over over 1,000,000 people in Sydney and 4,000,000 across Australia?

ali

Bench
For once i agree with you nospam49. I would have used our media partners such as Channel 9 to make a strong mention of it during their coverage, just as Sky does in the UK. Also I would have had many mentions of it inside stadium Australia. This may have happened, but I doubt it.

gaterooze

Bench
ali said:
Also I would have had many mentions of it inside stadium Australia. This may have happened, but I doubt it.

I remember one, maybe two in-stadium ads for it. But they were very simple and most people probably ignored them.

Although, the people sitting behind us all said they were getting tickets for it next week (we already had ours)...

when the anzac day game was in brisbane the ARL probably had 2 adverts in the monday and friday sport liftouts in the courier mail, and that got them 40,000.

Where are the PSP logos going to be on the Aussie jerseys? sleeves and back like Philips was, or just sleeves?

Jeffles

Bench
The promotion this year has been an improvement. The only thing extra I would have done would be more promotion around finals time, when there are big RL audiences. Since there are those double passes for the GF and Tri nations Test it would have made sense to promote it during the finals.

yakstorm

First Grade
Forever_Queensand said:
when the anzac day game was in brisbane the ARL probably had 2 adverts in the monday and friday sport liftouts in the courier mail, and that got them 40,000.

Where are the PSP logos going to be on the Aussie jerseys? sleeves and back like Philips was, or just sleeves?

Just on the sleeves, just like with PlayStation 2 logos for the ANZAC Test

Moffo

Referee
i can see what bender is saying. Focused advertising can work, depending on the event.

lets just hope that they do it cleverly over the next 7 days

hutch

First Grade
read in yesterdays tele that the arl are "hopeful" of a crowd of 25000.

gee, ambitious arent they!

elBandido

Juniors
hutch said:
read in yesterdays tele that the arl are "hopeful" of a crowd of 25000.

gee, ambitious arent they!

:roll: If they say that then attract a lot more they can say it is a huge success beyond their expectations.If the info on here is correct they had sold around that mark when it was written.

Surandy

Bench
25k? Imagine if they could get a crowd like that here in Melbourne? They'd beat 2 of the 3 cricket ODI crowds.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Someone told me they rang ticketek to get tickets and the top section appears almost sold out. If that is true than its good news.

yakstorm

First Grade
The top top tier isn't for sale, so they were possibly refering to the middle section for Category 1.

From the looks of it, and from hearing from people, most of the sales have been in Category 1 and 2 so far which is a positive. Most of the walkup crowd will buy Category 3.

sfx8745.gif

If the top section isnt for sale....what does that limit the capacity to?

I realise one of the reasonsthe ARL chose Telstra was probably a financial one (Telstra pays good money for events), but geez....there are so many stadiums across Australia that are better suited for this match.

yakstorm

First Grade
The main bowl holds just over 54,000 on its own. Throw in the middle sections and we have around 60,000 seats for sale for the encounter.

The two top other sections hold about 10,000 each, making the 80K. At least those high up sections don't really get seen on TV. I do agree though, Aussie Stadium would of looked good even with just the current ticket sales was the total amount at the ground.

Suncorp or Telstra dome would of been most appropiate

jed

First Grade
yakstorm said:
Suncorp or Telstra dome would of been most appropiate
Telstra Dome just isn't going to get the crowds for a game like this, and imagine the uproar if the only international game is played in a non-league city?

Non League city......would that be a city that doesnt get over 500,000 watching the Grand Final?

The sooner people forget the idea that cities are tagged "League" and "Non League" the better. Its holding the game back.

dimitri

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Non League city......would that be a city that doesnt get over 500,000 watching the Grand Final?

The sooner people forget the idea that cities are tagged "League" and "Non League" the better. Its holding the game back.

agree!!!!!!!!!

Surandy

Bench
nospam49™ said:

The same city that got 26k to a Wallabies vs Italy RU game?

The same city that averaged 23k or 24k to three ODI games between Australia and the Rest of the World?

Latest posts