What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

chrisD

Coach
Don't forget the crusher as well! I don't get the point you 2 are trying to make, you've both just listed examples where Melbourne have been exclusively targeted by the NRL and media. Was that meant to somehow prove that there haven't been rules made up and predominantly used against them? :?

Lol, they're examples of Storm scum showing no respect for the game, rules, sportsmanship and safety, and then playing the victim when they're exposed for what they are.

The General

Juniors
Madunit, and the others defending Slater, I see how most of you think it was an accident and doesn't deserve suspension which I can cop. But do you think Slater should be allowed to continue using this technique without punishment in the future?

Butters

Bench
Lol, they're examples of Storm scum showing no respect for the game, rules, sportsmanship and safety, and then playing the victim when they're exposed for what they are.

Respect for the game? I would've thought the greatest team in rugby league history had a healthy respect for the game. Why else would they keep on playing and dominating the comp year after year despite the dedicated campaign by the NRL and media to destabilise them? :lol:

chrisD

Coach
Respect for the game? I would've thought the greatest team in rugby league history had a healthy respect for the game. Why else would they keep on playing and dominating the comp year after year despite the dedicated campaign by the NRL and media to destabilise them? :lol:

They are the greatest cheats in rugby league history, Storm scum.

Matchball

Bench

Lol. Apologist just as bad as Cam himself.

Name the media outlet that's out to destabilize? News ltd?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would that not be obstruction then. Billy is lucky it was Klemmer he hit so he got him in the throat. If it was someone shorter the player could have got a boot in the eye which could lead to a longterm injury
I'll deal with what happened, not about speculation of player heights and possible other situations that never happened.

I think under the rules, obstruction is an intentional act. I can't see the judiciary being able to confidently ping Slater for obstructing or kicking with intent to obstruct or attack a player.

It's a defence mechanism he uses.

He should definitely be asked to change it.

chrisD

Coach
when in the air contesting a bomb?

Evidence please.

Oh, when taking a bomb, sorry my mistake. I was under the impression that kicking someone in the face studs first under any circumstances was not acceptable behavior, even for Billy Slater.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'll deal with what happened, not about speculation of player heights and possible other situations that never happened.

I think under the rules, obstruction is an intentional act. I can't see the judiciary being able to confidently ping Slater for obstructing or kicking with intent to obstruct or attack a player.

It's a defence mechanism he uses.

He should definitely be asked to change it.

This definitely should happen and the action not tolerated from then on. It may be his "defence technique" but it is a dangerous one and needs to be stopped

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Madunit, and the others defending Slater, I see how most of you think it was an accident and doesn't deserve suspension which I can cop. But do you think Slater should be allowed to continue using this technique without punishment in the future?
he needs to change it for sure.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, when taking a bomb, sorry my mistake. I was under the impression that kicking someone in the face studs first under any circumstances was not acceptable behavior, even for Billy Slater.
so what other spurious comparisons do you want to make.

Lets charge him for mass genocide because his outstretched leg looked like a NAZI salute shall we?

chrisD

Coach
so what other spurious comparisons do you want to make.

Lets charge him for mass genocide because his outstretched leg looked like a NAZI salute shall we?

Or let's charge him for kicking someone in the face.... for.... kicking someone in the face.

firechild

First Grade

Right, but you have no dramas with speculation that Klemmer may or may not have tackled Slater in the air had he not copped a boot to the throat?

Packy

Bench
I liked the way Gus was all defensive of Slater until the replay at which time he got a bit quiet.

Butters

Bench
They are the greatest cheats in rugby league history, Storm scum.

Nah that'd be the 2002 Bulldogs.

Melbourne on the other hand have the best ever Win:Loss ratio over a 3 year period in rugby league history. Have won 3 straight minor premierships, played in 4 straight grand finals (would've been 5 if not for being banned from competing by the not corrupt at all NRL), won 4 grand finals over a 14 year period and continue to dominate the NRL despite having their squad decimated to appease the masses. Sounds like the greatest ever rugby league team to me. :cool:

BennyV

Referee

1314029819767.png

Level of Stupid: Novice....Greatest team in Rugby League history? You do know that South Sydney have won 20 premierships? And St George have won 11 premiership in a row?

Level of Stupid: Amateur....Storm have a healthy respect for the game? OOOOOH, so THAT'S why they cheated the salary cap for 5 years, out of respect! Silly NRL, should have realised...:sarcasm:

Level of Stupid: Pro...dedicated campaign by the NRL and the media. Would that be the same NRL pouring funds into the Storm to keep them afloat in an AFL based city? And the media who own the Storm? Man, some people in high up jobs need a lesson in destabalisation.

This is all without mentioning the dangerous tactics brought in by the Storm in the form on chicken wings, grapple tackle, crusher tackles etc...but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good argument!

Latest posts