What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

How many weeks for Billy Slaters Karate kick to the head of David Klemmer?

Votes: 17 18.3%

Votes: 16 17.2%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Season

Votes: 38 40.9%

• Total voters

Tone83

Juniors
This thread really shows who here has played the game and who hasn't.

If you've ever played the game, you'd know that this is just one of those freakish things that can happen in rugby league.

I played a lot and during that time I played with a lot of smart arse little pricks like billy that were astonishingly gifted at doing grubby shit and making it look like an accident or go unnoticed. I think its because I played a lot that I know there are way fewer "accidents" on the field than people think. Often the better the player the better they are at shit like that too. I'm a qlder and proud as punch but I know billy's type and he's a cunning little bastard that doesn't make mistakes and doesn't give a shit about anyone's welfare between sirens.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Probably not.

But, if this was about Moltzen (I know he doesn't jump for bombs) the thread wouldn't be as long as it is.

Moltzen doesn't have a history of doing dangerous and careless things on the field in the pursuit of victory.

Yes, there are rules to prevent players being tackled in the air, yet we still see it happen don't we.

I know i would do all i could to prevent my legs being taken out from under me whilst in the air.

You do realise you've just gone full circle and have arrived at the reason for the ruling to prevent players being tackled mid air right? Thus, essentially arguing against your own point. So under your rationale players should be able to take defensive action against mid-air tackles (despite a rule having been established to protect them) at the expense of the safety of anyone with kicking distance of them.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Moltzen doesn't have a history of doing dangerous and careless things on the field in the pursuit of victory.

Moltzen was the first name to come to my mind.

My point was that if this thread wasn't about Slater, it wouldn't be as long.

You do realise you've just gone full circle and have arrived at the reason for the ruling to prevent players being tackled mid air right? Thus, essentially arguing against your own point. So under your rationale players should be able to take defensive action against mid-air tackles (despite a rule having been established to protect them) at the expense of the safety of anyone with kicking distance of them.

Good at missing the point aren't you Frank.

Yes, there are rules in place to prevent players being tackled in the air.

Yet we still see it happen don't we.

All it takes is someone to come through and clip the players leg and its quite possible they could land on their head.

While a player is in such a vulnerable position it's completely understandable for them to think about their own safety above all others.

Slater is not doing this for his safety, he's doing it because he doesn't want the opposition to have a chance at contesting the ball or having a quick shot on him just after he lands. Everything he does is about winning, even by bending the rules.

thorson1987

Coach
Slater is not doing this for his safety, he's doing it because he doesn't want the opposition to have a chance at contesting the ball or having a quick shot on him just after he lands. Everything he does is about winning, even by bending the rules.

But what he has been doing isn't bending the rules is it?

There is nothing illegal about it.

Just happens that one connected and he was rightfully penalised for it

There's no specific rule that outlaws karate kicks, but it's reckless play whether it connects or not. Certainly not in the spirit of the game.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Moltzen was the first name to come to my mind.

My point was that if this thread wasn't about Slater, it wouldn't be as long.
This is true, because no other fullback has the same history of making dangerous and careless plays.

Yes, there are rules in place to prevent players being tackled in the air.
And why was that rule put in place? To protect players from dangerous plays. So what is happening when Slater throws his leg out at the direction of incoming tacklers? A dangerous play.

Yet we still see it happen don't we.

All it takes is someone to come through and clip the players leg and its quite possible they could land on their head.
And all it takes is for Slater to throw his leg out in the direction of an incoming tackler and it's quite possible they could cop a boot to the neck..... oh wait, shit.

While a player is in such a vulnerable position it's completely understandable for them to think about their own safety above all others.

You still don't get that you're arguing against your own point. You are an advocate of a rule that protects a player from injury, while condoning an action that can cause injury at the same time.

You believe that Slater should be able to protect himself against the possibility of a dangerous play, by making a dangerous play. Basically a pre-emptive strike.

:crazy:

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Are these the images that prove without any doubt that Slater wasn't looking anywhere near Klemmer? And yet dumb merkins like you are still saying he kicked him the head. Must be another bias dogs twat. Klemmer made contact with a player in mid-air and wasn't contesting the ball. That's illegal. End of story. Even if bias tards don't get it.

Of course he did. He ran into a player who was in mid-air. And he has no right to do so under the rules unless he is contesting the ball, which he wasn't. This is what the bias dumb merkins don't get. It's called the international laws of the game of rugby league. If you're too thick to understand them or too bias to interpret them correctly, stay the f**k out of debates about rulings.

Yeah I'm so illiterate. I'm just bashing the keyboard randomly so I must just be the luckiest person alive to be getting it all right.

The dopey merkin said that if an attacking player caught the ball it would be no different to last night. Well, deadshit, it is, because it's a completely different rule. If you don't get that you must be as geniused as the bias doggies mong.

FFS the word you are looking for here is "Biased". Do you receive some sort of LU incentive for every time you use that word in the wrong context?

bi•ased (ˈbaɪ əst)

adj.
having or showing bias.

Please stop raping the English language.

Sincerely

The Internet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Would you be saying that if he were defending the Dogs in the same manner? No need to answer, it was a rhetorical question and we both already know it.

:lol: You'd love if that were the case, but no, this has nothing to do with which side of the argument he's on.

He's carrying on as if someone's had a dig at his family or something when they're merely disagreeing with his arguments. It's utterly ridiculous.