What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for scum bag williams?

How many weeks?

• 8-10

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 11-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 14-16

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

[furrycat]

Coach
2 weeks if he accepts the charge. 3 Weeks if he contests and is found guilty. 0 Weeks if he successfully contests it.

Get that up ya clacker, you racist scum Rocco.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Sonny Bill will have his charge downgraded and will cop a week. All in all its not a bad result but really he shouldn't get anything. The send off was outrageous. It was mostly a shoulder slap that caught Johns on the cranial nerve sp? and knocked him out. Maybe someone with medical knoweldge could clear that up? It clearly was not a high shot though.

Charlie124

First Grade
Head high, deserved a penalty and on report, 2 weeks sounds about right, anything more would be ridiculous. Stupid poll.

I dont like the guy but 8-10 weeks minimum??? gimme a break! youll see worse every week, players just have to make sure its not Golden Joey on the recieving end and theyll be fine.

Hatzy

Juniors
Rocco said:
He intentionally took out the best player in the game and got what he deserved.

And I reckon scum bag williams deserves at least 8 weeks suspension for a reckless tackle.

Duhhhh, Rocco.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:sleeper:

He'll contest it and get 0-1, I reckon.

Stranger

Coach
Frank_Grimes said:
I think if you re-read the above statement you might realise that it doesn't make any sense. I have highlighted the issue in case it escapes you.
I suggest you watch the footy show DVD.

Send off + 2-4 weeks suspension. I am happy.

Rocco

Juniors
Timmah said:
FMD!

Does anybody on this forum read before hitting the Submit Reply button?

HE CAN ONLY GET 2 OR 3 WEEKS!

how can a player get 2 or 3 weeks for reckless tackle?

ozbash

Referee
The Bulldogs insist their Kiwis star Sonny Bill Williams was harshly treated and have complained about "sub-standard" National Rugby League (NRL) refereeing after Williams accepted a two-match ban today.

Williams will return for the Good Friday match against South Sydney, a fortnight before the Anzac test against Australia, after the Bulldogs decided not to contest a grade two reckless tackle charge today.

He faced a three-match ban for the high shot on Newcastle star Andrew Johns if he contested the charge and was found guilty.

The Bulldogs issued a strongly worded statement in defence of Williams who was sent off after just four minutes of their 24-25 loss to Newcastle on Sunday.

"Sonny will take an early plea, however the vision we saw reinforces our view that the tackle should have been graded careless rather than reckless," Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad said.

"The club also reaffirms its position that despite the unfortunate outcome the tackle did not warrant a send-off, there was no swinging arm, no closed fist and Andrew Johns had been tackled by another player and was dropping."

Noad said the decision by referee Tony Archer had set a precedent on send-offs for the rest of the season.

Coach Steve Folkes said after Sunday's match he had seen "about 15" such tackles in four other matches he'd watched over the weekend, none of which were deemed send-off offences.

Folkes said he was lodging a formal complaint to the NRL about Archer's performance.

"We believe the officiating on Sunday was below NRL standard and incorrect decisions had a direct result on the outcome of the game."

He said the send-off in the opening minutes meant Williams was effectively suspended for three matches.

Johns is likely to miss just one match, against St George Illawarra on Friday, after scans cleared the legendary halfback of a fractured cheekbone.

Folkes remained adamant the vocal Newcastle crowd put the pressure on Archer.

"Obviously, Joey (Johns) was hurt, but it was a tough crowd and tough for the referee. I stand by the fact that I don't think he should have been sent off," Folkes told reporters this week.

"It is his first indiscretion. Accidents happen."

Williams telephoned Johns on Sunday night and offered an apology which Johns accepted.

"I know he didn't deliberately go out of his way to try to hurt me - it was just one of those things that can happen on the field," Johns wrote in his Daily Telegraph column today.

"I'm glad the league didn't go too heavy on him for the tackle. I've watched it on replay and I know it was an accident."

Williams' return will set up an electric fourth round match on April 6 against Souths, with new Kiwis signings David Kidwell, Nigel Vagana and Roy Asotasi, who stamped their mark on the new season with an 18-6 win over Sydney City yesterday.

www.stuff.co.nz

perverse

Referee
i would've given him 3 weeks... but he missed the match against us... so as far as i can see 2 weeks is totally just for what was a dangerous.. but unintentional tackle. totally happy with the outcome, the correct result came about in an incorrect fashion.

mattyg

Bench
perverse said:
i would've given him 3 weeks... but he missed the match against us... so as far as i can see 2 weeks is totally just for what was a dangerous.. but unintentional tackle. totally happy with the outcome, the correct result came about in an incorrect fashion.

he did get 3 weeks, but took the early plea reducing it to 2 weeks.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Frank_Grimes said:
I think if you re-read the above statement you might realise that it doesn't make any sense. I have highlighted the issue in case it escapes you.

:lol: you're an even bigger 'tard being the only one to think I wasn't taking the p*ss.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
now read this slowly, so it sinks in, i did not say the SBW was a friend of mine
shinedog said that where he comes from that if you cant say something to somebodys face dont say it behind their backs you replied by saying dont try to think that everyone should take on the same principal as you, i then asked do you agree with being a gutless prick and talking behind someones back

i was not reffering to people on the net as i know that goes on and you will never stop it i was reffering to people in general everyday life.......now the question again do you agree with taliking behind someones back and not having enough guts to front them

now as i said read very, very slowly so it sinks in

Um... shinedog has said that calling SBW scumbag on the net as being gutless, and said that they would not have the guts to say it to him in his face. Is that saying it behind his back?? So if I make a comment as to someone being a d@@khead, and he is not there to hear it, I'm saying it behind his back??

Tell me this, when im watching the footy and yell at Tate for dropping the ball and call him F@@@ing hopeless, idiot, I'm talking behind his back?? Was it a gutless act???

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Xplosive

Juniors
Rocco said:
He intentionally took out the best player in the game and got what he deserved.

And I reckon scum bag williams deserves at least 8 weeks suspension for a reckless tackle.

What game were you watching ?
You must be smoking too much crack and must be delusional imo
Go have a look at the footage from all angles then tell me it was intentional you imbascile

badav

Bench
This incident didnt even deserve a send-off. The combination of it being Andrew Johns (golden boy) and the fact that he unfortunately knocked him sensless swayed the referee. I thought penalties in league are supposed to be based on offences, not on who you hit and how well they held up to it.

Xplosive

Juniors
badav said:
This incident didnt even deserve a send-off. The combination of it being Andrew Johns (golden boy) and the fact that he unfortunately knocked him sensless swayed the referee. I thought penalties in league are supposed to be based on offences, not on who you hit and how well they held up to it.

Agreed 100%
David Gallop should take a good long hard look at him self he is a disgrace

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

What's Gallop got to do... got to do with it?

Xplosive

Juniors
Timmah said:
:lol:

What's Gallop got to do... got to do with it?

His general attitude towards the Bulldogs is poor.
He had nothing to do with the send off, but I did not like his little smart arse comment to the dogs today

flamin

Juniors
Can someone please tell me the logic behind having players who contest their charge and loose spending more weeks suspended?

Is it that they didnt learn their lesson or they are unremorseful so they must be punished even more?

Latest posts