What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
"Your honour I have bad teeth"

"How can you prove that"

"Im English!"

"Case Closed!"

Hutty1986

Immortal
A Billy Slater walks onto a footy field, he's just going to get bitten by a grubby pom. That's just the way it is.

Evenflow

Bench
Most of the Dogs fans in here have been fairly sensible and contrite.

And then along comes Ouwet.

Leopards and spots.

Agreed. Most Dogs fans around here have copped it on the chin and could see what actually occurred but this bloke is straight from the Kennel. The vast majority over there honestly think he never bit him and are hoping Slater cops anything from a broken leg, a broken neck and even some wanting him to end up in a body bag. All because he was on the wrong end of one of their players gnawing on his ear? What sort of geniused logic is that? :crazy:

Can you just imagine the uproar from them if it were one of the Storm players that had a bite on Barba's ear? Hypocritical halfwits.

carcharias

Immortal
Slater had no idea what the Pom was doing.
He could not of seen it from his position.

His first reaction was to claim he'd been bitten.
The footage confirms it .

Blatant lies from the dogs

Ozzy

First Grade
Agreed. Most Dogs fans around here have copped it on the chin and could see what actually occurred but this bloke is straight from the Kennel. The vast majority over there honestly think he never bit him and are hoping Slater cops anything from a broken leg, a broken neck and even some wanting him to end up in a body bag. All because he was on the wrong end of one of their players gnawing on his ear? What sort of geniused logic is that? :crazy:

Can you just imagine the uproar from them if it were one of the Storm players that had a bite on Barba's ear? Hypocritical halfwits.
IMO Graham misunderstood the expression "chewing my ear" and took it literally. :sarcasm:

Big Tim

First Grade
To be fair that statement is ambiguous.

"James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history for biting."

"James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history, for biting."

There's two possible meanings implied. Not to mention it being a pretty poor piece of English with a nice tautology thrown in.

This is the only issue for mine.

The way it was spoken would make it seem to the casual fan, or the RL hater, that he has done the worst act in RL and been given the biggest suspension ever.

Unfortunately human nature is that those that are good at what they do will always be targeted to bring them down a peg or two.

Slater is good at what he does...pure and simple, he proved in this GF that Barba is a long way away from being at the standard that Slater has set. Barba will be a great player however.

It is fair enough that fans defend their players out of pride for what you follow and believe in but in this instance it was stacked from the start that it was going to end badly.

IanG

Coach
James Graham has now booked his end of season holiday. He'll be holidaying at Norah Head

He tried to make peace with Billy Slater after the game wanted to buy him a drink, but Billy said no thanks I've got on 'ere

Canard

Immortal
No he's not. He's showing himself to be a chief executive who will do anything for his players.

But at the expense of credibility for the club and its image.

In this case I believe he erred, and to be frank quite badly.

I think all involved would have helped from showing some contrition and admitting there wrong doing and apologising to fans,sponsors etc.

aqua_duck

Coach
Ha.

They also had a doctor to state the marks on his ear were not bite related based on the damage. This was a good argument as it had a professional explaining the damage.

I can get my local doctor in Lakemba to say whatever I want him to as long as he gets to swipe my Medicare. There's thousands of doctors out there, it wouldn't be too hard to find one who sides with you

aqua_duck

Coach
The doctor stated nothing of the sort. "The defence team tendered evidence from a doctor, Amir Ibrahim, who maintained the marks on Slater's ear were in an ''unusual position'' if they were bite marks".

He didn't say they weren't bite related and he also didn't have a "good argument" explaining the damage. If they aren't bite marks then what are they? I'm not sure because he never actually stated what they were :sarcasm:

Unusual position that's a weird one, the mouth is a lot bigger than the ear, hence if I wanted to bite my missus for example anywhere I wanted on the ear I could

The Eagle

Juniors
Now first off, let me just say that James Graham suspension is not what's at hand here, but rather the delivery of that on the Today show this morning.

At 5:50am during the daily sports report, Tim Gilbert was given the job of giving us the sports update. He started by saying (note, I don't have anything again Tim, he's just reading the notes as they came to him) "James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history - 12 games..."

Straight away Ch 9 have told lies to make the Bulldogs sound even worse. 2 things came immediately to mind when they said "Biggest suspension ever"...

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hopoate#Keith_Galloway_incident
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Williams_(rugby_league_born_1973)#Melbourne
Does the Naan network have any credibility left?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Boyd

Danny Williams has nothing on him, amateur

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he should have said he used too much vaso, got it on his arms and when he went to wrestle slater he slipped, opening his mouth to yell a warning to slater but the vaso made him slip too fast and he instead got his ear. even that ridiculous sentence i just came up with was more plausible than "i didnt bite him"