What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guvner

First Grade
And people wanted this guy to be ARLC CEO? "There was no spin!"

He has done the club and Graham a massive discredit.

Agree. Claiming innocence is making the club look even more foolish.

This was worse than the Morrin incident IMO. Significantly so.

skeepe

Immortal
Trials and tests aren't automatically included. The Bulldogs will have to make an application for this to be the case.

I've never understood why they count anyway. Let him play the tests, they shouldn't fall under the jurisdiction of the NRL. Let him play the trials, too, as they're non-competitive games.

skeepe

Immortal
Defence.
1. Upstanding individual who has Captained his country.
2. 250+ first grade game (ESL included) with only one suspension.
3. When he fights he likes to pull people close.
4. He pulled Slater close to "whisper bad things in his ear" (no joke, that's what counsel said).
5. Damaged ear may have occurred in earlier altercation with Stagg.

Prosecutor.
1. Signed statement from Slater.
2. Signed statements from officials.
3. Video and photographic evidence of ear damaged.
4. Precedents of 8 weeks for previous bites.
5. Biting used to be called "misconduct" but is now called "dangerous contact" so now has a higher punishment attached.

The defence also claimed that he has wonky teeth.

benntash

Juniors
Chanel 9 just doin what they do. Report the news. If your going to take your frustrations out on something it should be Graham for doing that dog act of biting someone's ear and bringing the game and your club into this situation. Should have got more IMO

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Now first off, let me just say that James Graham suspension is not what's at hand here, but rather the delivery of that on the Today show this morning.

At 5:50am during the daily sports report, Tim Gilbert was given the job of giving us the sports update. He started by saying (note, I don't have anything again Tim, he's just reading the notes as they came to him) "James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history - 12 games..."

You forgot the part where he said "for biting".

Move along.

MSIH

Bench
Fresh off blaming Channel 9 for the sexist comments, now it's Channel 9's fault that Graham bit Slater.

Evenflow

Bench
Ha.

They also had a doctor to state the marks on his ear were not bite related based on the damage. This was a good argument as it had a professional explaining the damage.

The doctor stated nothing of the sort. "The defence team tendered evidence from a doctor, Amir Ibrahim, who maintained the marks on Slater's ear were in an ''unusual position'' if they were bite marks".

He didn't say they weren't bite related and he also didn't have a "good argument" explaining the damage. If they aren't bite marks then what are they? I'm not sure because he never actually stated what they were :sarcasm:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You obviously didn't read the entire post.

And you obviously didn't listen well enough at 5:50am. I was watching too. He quite clearly said "James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history for biting..."

There is nothing incorrect or misleading about the above statement.

Stagger Lee

Bench
A clear and strong message by the NRL.

I can handle the 2 games for England counting but the trial match is a joke.

Wonder what the dogs think now of the legal advice to fight the charge?

And you obviously didn't listen well enough at 5:50am. I was watching too. He quite clearly said "James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history for biting..."

There is nothing incorrect or misleading about the above statement.
To be fair that statement is ambiguous.

"James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history for biting."

"James Graham has been given the biggest suspension ever in Australian Rugby League history, for biting."

There's two possible meanings implied. Not to mention it being a pretty poor piece of English with a nice tautology thrown in.