What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
James Graham has now booked his end of season holiday. He'll be holidaying at Norah Head

He tried to make peace with Billy Slater after the game wanted to buy him a drink, but Billy said no thanks I've got on 'ere

Wrong..Billy said "once bitten twice shy"...

Fire

First Grade
Did anyone see BunniesMan on the news dressed like a Pommy cricketer wearing a f**king face mask carrying on like a pork chop?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I called it at 12 weeks. I reckon it's a fair punishment but it's ridiculous that it counts non competition games. It's hardly a punishment to miss out on those.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Skynews sportsline this morning had a Melbourne AFL journalist commenting on the outcome, well you would wouldn't you? Not surprisingly he came out with something along the lines of "you wouldn't see such a thing in AFL"

azza29

Juniors
Skynews sportsline this morning had a Melbourne AFL journalist commenting on the outcome, well you would wouldn't you? Not surprisingly he came out with something along the lines of "you wouldn't see such a thing in AFL"

AFL has its fair share of rough play, although I know a few fellow supporters who are tiring of the softening of the code in recent years.

At the other end of the spectrum I was at the Victory game last night, after watching league and union all year it shits me to tears to see soccer players collapse in agony at the slightest bump.

Didgi

That Graham might only end up missing 7 matches of the NRL is a bit of a farce really... he offended within the competition, his suspension should be served within the competition. Let him play internationals, they're a separate issue.

jonno_knights

Juniors
That Graham might only end up missing 7 matches of the NRL is a bit of a farce really... he offended within the competition, his suspension should be served within the competition. Let him play internationals, they're a separate issue.

When Buderus was suspended for 6 weeks in 2006, the internationals didnt count for him, although that was due to him being ineligible due to expecting his first child. Whether he got the tap on the shoulder from someone about Cam Smith who knows.

But point of the story, if he hadn't come out and said he was going to miss the end of season tri-nations or whatever it was back then, he could have served his suspension without missing a 2007 NRL match. I think he only ended up missing 3 anyway. Due to the Brisbane final, and 2 trials.

Definitely need to look at the system. Should players potentially miss out on a WC due to what they do in the NRL? And vice versa, should they not miss out on as much time in the NRL for something they did in that comp. Clint Newton missed out on captaining the Tomahawks for his shot on Sims, something he may have to wait 9 years to achieve (assuming he plays for them, and they are in the 2013 WC).