What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Gallen get?

How many weeks for Gallen?

• Total voters

Dazzat

First Grade
Hang on ... didn't I first hear the soaring soprano song of complaint coming from the person chosen to be captain of the NSW blues - Mr Gallen?

Didn't Mr Gallen first bring back memories of my childhood siblings who would moan and complain, "But Mum ... he's been hitting me!!!!"

Isn't this where it all started - coming from the man branded one-half of the Bruise Brothers?

Gallen is the chosen leader ... the man NSW look to for example and pride. He acts like a imbecilic five-year-old moron.

betcats

Referee
Just settle down there buddy, i'm not a souffs fan.

Mate Queenslanders rank well below bunnies fans in my books, especially around origin time.

To call NSW one eyed after the performance of some Queensland media guys like Tallis and Fatty is ridiculous. I seriously cannot believe the whinging and hypocrisy from Tallis. I think if QLD had won we wouldnt be hearing half as much whinging from them, sore losers.

Suck it up you sooks.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Basically Queensland is full of scum and noble Paul Gallen decided to put an end to it. He's a bit like a real life super hero when you think of it.

blaza88z

Coach
Mate Queenslanders rank well below bunnies fans in my books, especially around origin time.

To call NSW one eyed after the performance of some Queensland media guys like Tallis and Fatty is ridiculous. I seriously cannot believe the whinging and hypocrisy from Tallis. I think if QLD had won we wouldnt be hearing half as much whinging from them, sore losers.

Suck it up you sooks.

So because a few media personalities air an opinion which is obviously biased and obviously something they're passionate about, you do a little bit of personality association and degrade all of us to share the same beliefs they share?

I got more problem with the swinging arm then I do with the biff but hey that's just me.

typicalfan

Coach
The only consistency in the thread apart from the QLD whinging. Personally I think this Gallen moment has ignited the series. Payback will be the order of the day but that could be the very thing that puts QLD off it's game. Game 2 can't come quick enough.

betcats

Referee
So because a few media personalities air an opinion which is obviously biased and obviously something they're passionate about, you do a little bit of personality association and degrade all of us to share the same beliefs they share?

I got more problem with the swinging arm then I do with the biff but hey that's just me.

No but its silly you saying there are one eyed fans in NSW when two of the biggest queensland one eyed fans were on their soapbox's ranting last night on national television.

Joker's Wild

Coach

You did not just berate someone for making a generalisation after just doing it yourself a few posts back did you?

One might call that hypocritical

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Who's going to instigate the payback?
Shillo? f**k even canberra fans know he's soft when it comes to the biff.
Scott? Doubt it.
Thaiday? :lol::lol::lol:
Smith? Sneaky prick will be hiding behind Tate the Enforcer.
Myles? Harrison? Parker?
Hodges? Just like Kerry Packer only got one Alan Bond in his life Jussy only git one Ben Creagh.

Basically if you don't pick Papilii then the toughest guy you've got is Tate the Enforcer.

blaza88z

Coach
Who's going to instigate the payback?
Shillo? f**k even canberra fans know he's soft when it comes to the biff.
Scott? Doubt it.
Thaiday? :lol::lol::lol:
Smith? Sneaky prick will be hiding behind Tate the Enforcer.
Myles? Harrison? Parker?
Hodges? Just like Kerry Packer only got one Alan Bond in his life Jussy only git one Ben Creagh.

Basically if you don't pick Papilii then the toughest guy you've got is Tate the Enforcer.

What a good judge I am, never really watched him play just know where he grew up.

:lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
There is not one enforcer in the Qld side and Gal has sussed it out. The outcome in game 2 is going to be lose-lose for Qld I think.

1. If someone goes the knuckle, they will lose their moral high horse and likely get thumped for their troubles as well.

2. If nothing is done, they get branded as pussies that have let NSW bully them around

betcats

Referee
Yeah I seriously doubt there is anyone in that Queenslands side that has Gallen worried.

If QLD go looking for revenge it will be on for young and old, NSW have shown they wont back down, so QLD will have to have more of a crack then Myles did.

I think, depite hodges finger pointing and threats, it is more likely will look to get revenge with their grubby tactics, I don't think anyone will go toe to toe with SuperGal unless there are four or five QLDers ready to hold him down.

blaza88z

Coach
There is not one enforcer in the Qld side and Gal has sussed it out. The outcome in game 2 is going to be lose-lose for Qld I think.

1. If someone goes the knuckle, they will lose their moral high horse and likely get thumped for their troubles as well.

2. If nothing is done, they get branded as pussies that have let NSW bully them around

Or they play footy and belt them where it counts.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There was an incident in the game where one of the queensderpers had a go at Fifita, then thought better of it and ran back to position. Even Wally Lewis saw it and mentioned it.

The only option for QLD is to play Tate at prop. :lol:

Glen

Bench
http://news.com.au/sport/nsw-skipper-paul-gallens-history-of-shame/story-fnect155-1226658918447

PAUL Gallen must have selective memory.

Much, much worse.

Like Gallen's accusation that Myles headbutts.

We checked the NRL judiciary record and not a single offence is registered against Myles, yet in round 18 in 2007 Gallen copped a one-game ban for headbutting Shane Shackleton of the Sydney Roosters.

It's one of 17 judiciary charges Gallen has attracted since his debut in 2002, for suspensions totalling 19 weeks.

It doesn't take much research to find out a bit more about the man being hailed a hero in Sydney for standing up to Queensland's so-called Origin bullies.

Playing punching bag with Myles' head is not the first time Gallen has instigated fights on the football field.

He has striking charges from 2002 and 2009, plus a contrary conduct charge in 2004 when the judiciary found he "instigated and tried to go on with a fight with John Skandalis''.

Let's review some of Gal's worst moments in football.

Like the day he was accused of diving against the Dragons, got a penalty and winked at teammates.

Or Origin III 2007 when he hit Tonie Carroll high and decided to immediately start the biff.

He later told reporters the plan was to go the knuckle "if anyone touches any us'', must have also applied if he tried to decapitate someone too.

But the dirtiest day of all came in round 3, 2008 at Skilled Park when he deliberately pulled at the stitches of Anthony Laffranchi and was accused by Josh Graham of "squeezing his wheels''.

It was such a shameful day that one Sydney scribe suggested Gallen be jailed for assault.

It wasn't the only testicle twisting of Gallen's year, Maroons enforcer Mick Crocker alleging it happened to him twice in the 2008 Origin decider.

In 2009 Gallen was fined by the NRL for racially abusing Dragon Mickey Paea and stepped down from the club captaincy.

He ended the year reprimanded by his club for public urination, relieving himself near a drunken friend's head.

So while Gallen might be trying to spin the story his way and blame Myles for twisting his leg, we know the truth is Gallen is really just twisting your arm.

:lol: No one is claiming Gallen is not a dirty player. Quite hilarious people suggesting that Nate Myles isn't though. He has clear form in Origin of leading with the head whether the weak-as-piss Match Review Committee has picked it up or not.

Calls for Gallen to be suspended/hanged for destroying Myles in a regular fight that Myles initiated are just ridiculous and are all a result of Queensland sooking for losing the fight and the game. If Myles wasn't such a puss and was able to get a shot in no one would have been suspended.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gallen a man who has achieved his goal to become the most hated man in QLD.

Means he has done this part of his job as NSW captain.

The great man.

Latest posts