What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Stevo get?

theicemandanno

Juniors
When i said his prior offences will hurt him, i meant moreso from the connotation of being a knee lifter in the past more than the 2 yr prior loading penalty. This will result in a higher grading for the offence, rather than a loading penalty in my opinion.

wittyfan

Referee
theicemandanno said:
When i said his prior offences will hurt him, i meant moreso from the connotation of being a knee lifter in the past more than the 2 yr prior loading penalty. This will result in a higher grading for the offence, rather than a loading penalty in my opinion.

Thank you QC for the prosecution.

Aries

Bench
theicemandanno said:
Stevens admitted on the field he was in the wrong....CLark told Kimmorley as much.

guaranteed citation.
All he admitted was that PJ's head had hit his knee, not he lifted it...
The official charge from the Video ref was 'leading with the knee"... you try and run without your knee leading!??!!

I haven't see it yet, but listened to the ABC and Wazza and the others said that it was a joke it wasn't even a penalty...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
theicemandanno said:

They can't, not allowed. That's why the system is like it is. As far as the rules of the judiciary stand now he has a clean slate. No carry overs and no prior similar or non similar offences. Last offences were in 2002 when he had TWO knee lifting charges from the same game vs Souths

He'll get a grade 1 Contrary Conduct IMO. That's 125 points. Less 25% for early plea

87.5 points - no suspension.

It's be grade 2 at most and that'll only be a week

:)

http://www.nrl.com/about/judiciary.cfm

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You think so really Sharky Mullens?

Have a look at this people. There is no knee lifting or knee leading charge as such

So he'll get a Contrary conduct charge. The grade is a guess.

He has no carry overs. He has no prior similar or non similar offences in the last 2 years

So take your pick

Contrary Conduct grade ?????

I think grade 1, grade 2 at the very most.

judiciarychargesheet6ks.jpg

Macca

Coach
What was Craig Smith's charge when he received 10 or 12 weeks for a similar offence?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Craig Smith was never suspended for 12 weeks for a knee lift to my knowledge.

He was suspended twice for it in 2001 from memory. Both were small suspensions. Later in 2001 he was suspended twice for 6 weeks each time. One was a high tackle charge the other striking.

The reason he was getting big suspensions is because of loading.

They add on 50% for prior similar charges
They add on 20% for prior non similar charges

The prior charges stay on record for 2 years

So in Smith case on the 4th charge he would of gotten the charge grade whatever + 20% + 20% + 50%

e.g 100 + 20 + 20 + 50 = 190 points. So if you have a record like Smith had they can nearly double your points depending on how bad you are.

although stevo apparently admitted his guilt on the field, this does not automatically mean that he was in fact guuilty, only that he felt he may have been

i would agree that if he receives aserious charge the club should defend it because it was not careless, reckless, dangerous, deliberate or contrary conduct. should not have even been apenalty.

and yes he did drop his intensity after the incident which hurt us bad. he was basically driving our comeback up to that point.

very pleaseed to hear pj is ok

gregstar

Referee
The Popper said:
Don't forget fellas. We are Cronulla. If the NRL can hurt us they will. Pity in times like this that we're not Manly.
yeah that's right - i overheard david gallop discussing possible expulsion talks for the sharks after last night's effort by stevens!

Fuggin hell, just saw it again on the Sunday Roast, absoutely nothing in it. Marsh got himself into a bad position.

RICHO

Juniors
I just want to know if it is physically possible to run without leading with your knee.

I don't think it's possible.

Marsh got in a bad position. Simple.
If he got up, there's no penalty, the Sharks continue on their roll, and probably win the game.

A tough one, could be gone though. Maybe a couple of weeks. Fair enough he lifted his knee, but Marsh's poor head position contributed to his injury. More of an accident than anything deliberate. Stevo didn't mean to collect him in the head. If Stevo collects him anywhere else the incident isin't even reported.

Latest posts