What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Stevo get?

I remember Mad Dog MacDougall launching his knee into a Dragons players chest. It was deliberate and reckless. Stevo's was none of the above.

millersnose said:
he clearly lifted his knee

he is gone

Sharks just found some unlikely support in Phil Gould who said "I find it hard to run without lifting my knees"

I'd imagine Gould would find it hard to run, full stop, but anyway the way the NRL charges players is all about media reaction. All the 9 panel backed Stevo so we just might be fine. Otherwise they'll probably do one of their little one week charges.

MightySharks

Bench
Damm I hate it when gould is right, but on this occassion he was, he couldn't help have a little dig at Kimmorley though saying that he could win us game two but maybe not origin three.

Macca

Coach
At the game last night I thought it was alot worse. I've seen it a couple more times now and if he is charged, a good legal team should get him off.

MightySharks said:
Damm I hate it when gould is right, but on this occassion he was, he couldn't help have a little dig at Kimmorley though saying that he could win us game two but maybe not origin three.

what did he say, spuds?

MightySharks

Bench
He said that he'd leave Kimmorley in for game 2 and we would win, but he wasn't so sure Kimmorley could lead NSW to victory in Game 3.

wittyfan

Referee
Very good indeed. :) It's great to see him do more TV work these days. Get rid of Paul Kent and make Sully a regular.

wittyfan

Referee
Also the panel on the Footy Show pretty much said that Stevens had no case to answer to. And Gould also had a dig at the match officials by saying something like, "it's a bit hard to run without moving your knees".

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out this week.

Aries

Bench
It was hard for me to judge either way without seeing it last night! All I could do was quote what Warren Ryan and co were saying. They all seem to think it was a joke, the penalty that is. They also made the comment that it's impossible to run without leading with your knee...

I have now see it and to me it just looked like Stevo was positioning himself to brace for a shoulder bump on PJ, as he obviously thought he would go high and try to tie him up. He didn't, he dived into stevo's knee...

My prediction: They will look at it for 10 seconds, cross it off the list and move on!

The Popper

Bench
Aries said:
It was hard for me to judge either way without seeing it last night! All I could do was quote what Warren Ryan and co were saying. They all seem to think it was a joke, the penalty that is. They also made the comment that it's impossible to run without leading with your knee...

I have now see it and to me it just looked like Stevo was positioning himself to brace for a shoulder bump on PJ, as he obviously thought he would go high and try to tie him up. He didn't, he dived into stevo's knee...

My prediction: They will look at it for 10 seconds, cross it off the list and move on!

Exactly, Aries. I was very surprised at the penalty too. Naturally when you run you have to have one leg in front of the other. But you never know with the judiciary. The way they handle charges can often simulate comparing the sentences meted to Bakir and Corby.

Aries

Bench
What exactly is in the Refs report? Anyone know what the charge is on Stevo?

Last night it was clearly stated as "leading with the knee". I have today heard he is charged with "LIFTING the knee", from 3 different media sources...!!?

To quote what the Ref said to Stevo, from what I heard on the radio... " Na, na you didn't lift the knee, if you did you would be off... you LED into the tackle with your knee"

Also a certain Parra fan seems to be obsessed with the fact that Stevo "addmitted" he kneed him. All he addmitted was that PJ's head had come in contact with his knee. I can only conclude that this was after the ref asked what had happened for him to be knocked out, and Stevo has obviously said something like " His head hit my knee"... or more likely "My knee hit his head"

Could anyone with Sports ears on last night tell us exactly what was said please?!

Foz

Bench
Stevo's not charged with anything yet. They decide that tomorrow.
I'd like to know what he said too.
If he's given himself up he'll cop a suspension.
I must be getting cranky in my old age.
Last week I thought Josh Perry's tackle was a shocker.
This week I thought Fui Fui's was pretty bad. 5 weeks.
Looks like my opinion is different to most on this.
I think Hutch helped him in a way by not bunging anything on.

Aries

Bench
The Popper said:
Exactly, Aries. I was very surprised at the penalty too. Naturally when you run you have to have one leg in front of the other. But you never know with the judiciary. The way they handle charges can often simulate comparing the sentences meted to Bakir and Corby.

Well, on studying this and trying to run without leading with the knee when running, I have come to the conclusion that it ISN'T impossible, as I stated previously.

However, picture a "Spastic Nazi doing the 'GOOSE STEP' in quadruple time" and you have a picture of what it is like to run without leading with the knees ...:D

We would then have "Kick to the Head" charges leveled...

Aries

Bench
Foz said:
Stevo's not charged with anything yet. They decide that tomorrow.
I'd like to know what he said too.
If he's given himself up he'll cop a suspension.
I must be getting cranky in my old age.
Last week I thought Josh Perry's tackle was a shocker.
This week I thought Fui Fui's was pretty bad. 5 weeks.
Looks like my opinion is different to most on this.
I think Hutch helped him in a way by not bunging anything on.

Yeah, sorry, I ment "reported" not "charged"...

Me Luv Stevo

Juniors
hopefully he doesnt get any weeks off, i didnt see anything horribly wrong with it, march went into the tackle in the wrong way.
if he does get charged maybe a week or 2.. hope not though

Chondricthyes

Juniors
No case to answer

PJ should get a bloody good talking to. He's had a serious neck injury and takles the biggest bloke we have like that - grade 10 stupidity

SharkSince72

Juniors
Stevo will get 0 weeks

It was a poor attempt of tackle. Marsh should get sighted for bringing the game into disrepute.

Latest posts