What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks will Stevo get?

imasharkie

Coach
McSharkie said:
At the game last night I thought it was alot worse. I've seen it a couple more times now and if he is charged, a good legal team should get him off.

Maybe he should borrow Dunleys lawyers or QC's, Macca

I ahve lloked at replay over and over, and the judicary has to prove he lead with his leg, the thing that goes against player, is you cant show other cases where a player may have lead with leg, eg Campbell incident in city v country as evidence, you can only use this one incident which is a joke.

He shoudl get 0 weeks, but the NRL we gun down a shark if they can

carcharias

Immortal
I thought Stevo was a knee lifting charge waiting to happen.
Every week he rides the thin edge of the envelope .

I hope he doesn't get suspended but I think he's got about as much chance as the Bali 9 of getting off scott free.

If Marsh hadn't been hurt maybe , but it looked crook.

Definite usage of the knee for mine.

Stevo's big half time tirade worked on everyone but him.

I hate stupid passes.

Isurus

Juniors
RICHO said:
I just want to know if it is physically possible to run without leading with your knee.

I don't think it's possible.

Marsh got in a bad position. Simple.
If he got up, there's no penalty, the Sharks continue on their roll, and probably win the game.

No disputing that Stevo led with the knee, but RICHO is spot on. If Marsh wasn't hurt, there would have been no penalty and nothing else would have been said about it. I watched the Manly/Penrith game yesterday and saw Kite leading with the knee in an identical fashion to the Stevo incident. The only difference was that the tackler wasn't injured so nothing happened.

Its the same as when a player goes for a high shot and misses because the player ducks - often there is more intent than many of the high shots that are charged as careless.

Nuffs

Bench
i actually told another beer hill watcher that it would be laughable if they gave a penalty for it

i was crying a few minutes later

he may get a week, but nothing more

Booyah

Bench
RICHO said:
I just want to know if it is physically possible to run without leading with your knee.

I don't think it's possible.

Marsh got in a bad position. Simple.
If he got up, there's no penalty, the Sharks continue on their roll, and probably win the game.

It is, but it's bloody hard to do. Most people raise their knees as just natural self-preservation.

Personally, I lead with my knees and I've never had any major dramas. I don't deliberately raise them, I just run in and use them to try break through the tackle.

I don't reckon it's any worse then leading with the Hip, and plenty of players do that.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Isurus said:
No disputing that Stevo led with the knee, but RICHO is spot on. If Marsh wasn't hurt, there would have been no penalty and nothing else would have been said about it. I watched the Manly/Penrith game yesterday and saw Kite leading with the knee in an identical fashion to the Stevo incident. The only difference was that the tackler wasn't injured so nothing happened.

Its the same as when a player goes for a high shot and misses because the player ducks - often there is more intent than many of the high shots that are charged as careless.

Kite is bad for it. He'll get done as soon as it become a "fashionable" charge again. Craig Smith was the same and look what eventually happened to him.

Latest posts