What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many.......

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Bandwagon supporters were there at Shark Park on Satdy night.
I went with a few mates who support (the dreadful) Sharks, and we thought there was about 5,000 Eels supporters present at the game.
But the question is, if Parra were'nt as HOT as they're currently playing, how many supporters would there of been down at Shark Park?

Now i'm not aiming this at anyone on these boards, but you've got to be thinking this to yourselves as well.
I know all teams have bandwagon supporters but they were well and truly out in force in blue and yellow last night.

Your thoughts..........

Suitman

Post Whore
Stupid thread.

No team is ever any different.

- Swans 15 years ago and now.
- Warriors - last two home crowds.
- Raiders - crap crowds all year.
- Roosters - perrenial cardboard cutouts.
- Panthers - crowds down.

You are no Einstein in pointing out the fact that FANS love a winning team.

What is your point?

Suity

mickdo

Coach
I would have still been there. Friend of the missus has a corporate box, so hard to refuse when free piss is laid on all night ;-)

parra_jesus

Juniors
im the opposite i only go to the games when we are loosing and no one goes and i only wear my jerseys when no one else does.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Suitman said:
Stupid thread.

What is your point?

Suity

Suity,

It aint a stupid thread.
My point is - i want to see what you guys think of the "bandwagon supporters"??
I see bandwagon supporters all the time and to be honest they sh*te me to tears, especially when they're to do with the team that i support.

Hellsy

Immortal
I hate them as well.
If you don't support your team through the hard times then you don't deserve to bask in the glory when they do well

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not that I need to justify myself, but I had a family BBQ that night, and so had to watch it on the TV.

When I'm not working, I go to as many games as I can. Can't get enough of my Eels - even when we're losing.

mickdo

Coach
So does a bandwagoner only get to 1 game a year? or 2? or only when the team has won the week before? or what exactly?

Hellsy

Immortal
By missing a game doesn't make you a bandwagoner, family commitments, lack of money are all facts of life.
A bandwagoner is a fan that ONLY appears in the good times. IMO

Eelementary

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
im a bandwagoner
started supporting the eels this morning

Was that you?

I was out at Parramatta CentreLink this morning, where they announced their new deal - only paying dole to those of us who are Eels fan.

Naturally, I told them that I'd been a Toongabbie Eels fan all my life and got my juicy cheque.

Haynzy

First Grade
I haven't been to a Parra game since 1987 !
It's a bit hard to label someone a bandwagoner on the basis of how many games they get to.
Anybody that knows me personally knows that I support the Eels because win or lose I still cheer them on and I have done since 1975.even in Adelaide where almost nobody knows who they are.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Canterbury has the biggest bandwagon i've ever seen, half there supporters just go to cause trouble and hang out, and there crowds only got good the year they rorted the salary cap and built up following from then on with a premiership.

Utey

Coach
Iam always supporting my team through the bad times, because thats what makes you really enjoy the good times.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bandwagon is a term always used loosely, personally i know plenty of Parramatta supporters but I don't know any Bandwagon supporters so can someone explain to me what the definition of a Bandwagon supporter is?

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
Bandwagon is a term always used loosely, personally i know plenty of Parramatta supporters but I don't know any Bandwagon supporters so can someone explain to me what the definition of a Bandwagon supporter is?
Yes:
Hellsy said:
By missing a game doesn't make you a bandwagoner, family commitments, lack of money are all facts of life.
A bandwagoner is a fan that ONLY appears in the good times. IMO

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok, then i don't know any person that only turns up at good times. but I don't doubt that there are people out there at all clubs so my question to juggalo_strit is why hasn't he posted the same thread at the 14 other forums? or better still this should be an NRL forum matter and not just Parramatta.

Hellsy

Immortal
Maybe because he is just trying to start a conversation thread and wanted some opinions........ he repeatedly said he wasn't aiming it at Parra fans.
Maybe it should be in the NRL forum, but we don't need to pounce on him for starting a topic :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know any personally, but Parra certainly have their fair share as do probably most clubs... all the usually empty seats around me have been taken in the last 2 months with differing people all the time :LOL: :LOL: