What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many.......

Hindyscrack

Bench
Hellsy said:
Exactly!
Interstate people are not bandwagoners, they do their best to support the team from wherever in the country/world they are.

Damn right Hellsy!

Still manage to see the Eels play around 2-3 times a year...

Been to 7 broncos games this year too... I just support who ever they may be playing

Hindyscrack said:
Damn right Hellsy!

Still manage to see the Eels play around 2-3 times a year...

Been to 7 broncos games this year too... I just support who ever they may be playing

Been a good year for you then mate.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The point is we still get a decent amount of fans when we aren't winning. And some people will go just to see the Eels no matter how well they are playing.

Parra Guru

Coach
Hellsy said:
I hate them as well.
If you don't support your team through the hard times then you don't deserve to bask in the glory when they do well

I agree with this and it really gave me the sh*ts that I got crap seats for the Saints home game just because we started winning and all of a sudden everyone's back.

About 4 weeks earlier you could walk up on game day and get seats close to 1/2 way

Hindyscrack

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Been a good year for you then mate.

They've done OK at home this year... Broncos are back in form, from what I saw yesterday. Still too much reliance on Lockyer though

emjaycee

Coach
I think we need Bandwagoners... to me someone gets on the bandwagon when they start to take an interest in a team (eg. Parramatta/Melbourne), a sport (eg. Soccer courtesy of the Socceroos World Cup success or Rugby during the 2003 RWC), or anything else for that matter when it/them is/are popular and everyone else is talking about it/them. This term transcends the sporting arena and can be seen in everyday business (eg. iPod), music, politics, etc.

The positive here is that a percentage of bandwagoners stay on... they get hooked, they enjoy what they see and overtime they become more traditional supporters.

Personally, i don't care about the Bandwagoners - at some stage we have ALL watched something because it was the thing to do, not because we had an interest in it all along.

emjaycee

Coach
Oh, and I am not a BANDWAGON supporter...
but I have always been a little bit of a DANWAGON supporter... :D

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
I agree with this and it really gave me the sh*ts that I got crap seats for the Saints home game just because we started winning and all of a sudden everyone's back.

About 4 weeks earlier you could walk up on game day and get seats close to 1/2 way

I take it from that that you would prefer a half empty Parra Stadium??

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
No I just want to be able to get decent seats a few days in advance tbh :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Yeh me too, but I'd much rather crap seats and a full house then the sh*tty crowds we had at the beginning of the season.

Suity

James_Hardie

Juniors
I am suprised a sharks supporter would bring up bandwagon supporting. They don't even have supporters let alone bandwagon ones.

From what i saw on Saturday night, the Sharks need to define "a supporter". If a supporter is 13 year old girls wearing short skirts, crop tops and ug boots and at no stage looking at the patch of grass in the middle of the complex,... then your sweet....

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: how true!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: they must have been cold

but I think he/she is a Canberra supporter

Haynzy

First Grade
Hellsy said:
All very true points!
Still a person can live around the corner or a thousand km's away and not be able to get to the games, but it is how they support the club whereever they are that matters.

Thank You Hells :D :D :D

TheParraboy

Staff member
I used to go to many many more eels games throughout the dark late 80's and early 90's than when we had great years. I tell ya it was so sweet when we'd win that odd game throughout the year :D

What does that make me? :oops:

Whats the opposite of Bandwagoner? :crazy: