What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many.......

Aenemus

Juniors
I don't know if they are bandwagoners though. I think of bandwagoners more as people who will change their allegiances when a team is going well. . . Ala the biggest bandwagon in history in the Tigers last year.

I reckon these people are more 'casual supports'. . .

EDIT: Changed my mind about them being 'scum'

fish eel

Immortal
so what if someone only appears when we're winning?

Who cares?

People have to make choices these days with what they do with their cash, so what if someone doesnt want to spend their hard earned when they guys arent putting and getting lapped by 30....but they want to come when they are winning, good on 'em

fish eel

Immortal
so called bandwagon supporters help keep the club in business...they're the people that help homegames sell out and buy up all the merch when we're winning.....

Aenemus

Juniors
It's true,
even if people only turn up when a team is winning, they still won't get the same satisfaction from the wins as someone who has supported through the hard times will, 'you only get out what you put in'. . .

Hellsy

Immortal
True they do keep the clubs in business, but the question was 'what is a bandwagoner' not 'does the club need bandwagoners?'

but out of these new people showing up at games would also be a fair percentage of parra fans who gave up on the eels after their earlier poor showing and now they are winning again have started coming back to games you might call them bandwagoners but my definition of a bandwagoner is someone who is not a regular supporter of any team but constantly switches sides depending on who's in hot form at the time

fish eel

Immortal
and I think the question frankly is just stupid, and smacks of elitism....people claiming to be more of a fan than others.

If Parramatta Stadium is sold out next match, I don't care if it is sold out because 10,000 extra people have come just because we're winning....I'm just happy it is sold out. why worry about so called bandwongers and how many are at the games?

I think there are some interesting terms being bandied about here.

As we know, and it has been said in a range of comments about our club this year. When Parramatta are going well, Rugby League in NSW is going well.

I also think the same is true of St George Fans.

Let me say this, the Parramatta fans who isn't as hard core as some of us on here (or even the STH's) will only turn up when we are doing well. But I don't think they are the Bandwagon. I think they suffer with us a little when we are losing but don't take the loss as hard as us. Having said that they will take some pleasure from the victory, but not as much as us.

And it is true, I would say about 55% of Parramatta fans at the Dragons game would have been the Fickle ones that only come out when we are winning.

But I don't mind that. As Was said they by the Merch and fill the seats when we are going well, hence they are part of the reward of going well. There are others among us though that are there all the time. Maybe you could say we are the reward for the type of club we are.

*shrugs*

fish eel

Immortal
also, one good argue that a good portion of Parramatta's traditional support base comes fromthese so called bandwagoners.....ie when we were doing well in the 80s, a lot of our support came from that success, and again the late 90s resurgance under Smith.

You want real bandwagon fans.....I'm looking at all you new socceroo fans....but again, who cares, because we're playing KUWAIT and it is sold out!

Hellsy

Immortal
All very true points!
Still a person can live around the corner or a thousand km's away and not be able to get to the games, but it is how they support the club whereever they are that matters.

fish eel said:
You want real bandwagon fans.....I'm looking at all you new socceroo fans....but again, who cares, because we're playing KUWAIT and it is sold out!

They may be wearing Green and Gold, but it is Sydney FC without Dwight.

Hellsy said:
By missing a game doesn't make you a bandwagoner, family commitments, lack of money are all facts of life.

Not to mention living interstate :(

BTW The Souths United U6's Alleycats soccer team have won their last three on the trot and we have noticed an increase of supporters by about 5%. They have even put another chick on the sausage sizzle ffs.

Hellsy

Immortal
Exactly!
Interstate people are not bandwagoners, they do their best to support the team from wherever in the country/world they are.

Parra2006

Juniors
Suitman said:
Stupid thread.

No team is ever any different.

- Swans 15 years ago and now.
- Warriors - last two home crowds.
- Raiders - crap crowds all year.
- Roosters - perrenial cardboard cutouts.
- Panthers - crowds down.

You are no Einstein in pointing out the fact that FANS love a winning team.

What is your point?

Suity

I totally agree, never seen a more 5tupid topic in my life.
I bet you were one off them.
No 1 likes to supporter a losing team

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hellsy said:
Exactly!
Interstate people are not bandwagoners, they do their best to support the team from wherever in the country/world they are.

spankyou

pretty hard to gert there every week from where I live

Glenn

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
They may be wearing Green and Gold, but it is Sydney FC without Dwight.

No truth to the rumour they were trying to get Dwight naturalised, and looking for a FIFA loophole to allow him play for Australia :sarcasm:

Back on topic, So what if the bandwagon element is there what's to say they won't become regulars or STH next season.