What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much will Telstra charge for live games to Tablets and Mobiles?

How much would you pay for a season of live games to your Tablet of Phone?

• Total voters

PaulyTom

Juniors
I'm a massive fan of the NFL GamePass. The quality of the live feed and the additional footage with in the NFL game pass is superb.

First question is will the NRL version be of the same high standard?

And secondly how much will Telstra charge for the season or will it be on a game by game or round by round fee structure?

If it is a yearly subscription amount, how much do you think Telstra will charge for a season of live games to the tablet? and how much would you pay?

hardbaby

Coach
I struggle getting games at the Top of WA. When I do, it's invariably between midnight and 4:00 am. Quite frankly, I'd pay almost anything but would need an i-pad. I can't imagine watching on an i-phone would be that good. And of course, up here the download speed is so slow, I doubt I could watch it anyway.

Misanthrope

Staff member
More importantly, will this service be available to those of us who have tablets but live abroad?

Diesel

Referee
Whatever Telstra charge, you know they are just going to screw over customers and NRL fans of other carriers

andrew057

First Grade
Some one can correct me here, but if Telstra own 50% of Foxtel, why would they cannabalise their market share by showing their number product live on tablets and mobiles?

If they did, surely they wont be live, or will cost an arm and a leg.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
More importantly, will this service be available to those of us who have tablets but live abroad?

http://www.nrl.com/new-international-television-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/70545/default.aspx
• Guaranteed television coverage in key markets including the UK, USA, Asia, and Pacific;

• Access to all games in HD either through television or online platforms, as well as access to a 30-minute weekly highlights show;

• A free digital NRL Channel for international fans featuring match vision and a mobile NRL app;

• All NRL and State of Origin matches available on a live or near-live basis via television or online, mobile applications, smart TVs or other media platforms;

• International fans in regions where there is no TV or IPTV rights deals in place will be able to access matches for free on a leading web destination, such as YouTube or USTREAM.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
AFL pricing has been released. $15 per month or $90 per year. NRL should be about the same you would think

Clarke

Juniors
Last year may have been an experimental year. Either way $90 a season is brilliant value.

ek999

First Grade
Better quality stream, able to watch on mobiles and tablets anywhere, unmetered if you're with Telstra, hopefully old matches will be available

mepelthwack

Juniors
Is there any information on this anywhere?

I mean there is less than a week until the season starts, I live in qld, support tigers and don't want to get pay tv but do have an ipad mini.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

andrew057

First Grade
I wouldnt hold your breath.

The AFL app last season had a lot of bd reviews about video quality.

Latest posts