What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much will Telstra charge for live games to Tablets and Mobiles?

How much would you pay for a season of live games to your Tablet of Phone?

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
The AFL Live app reviews in the App Store.

Ah sorry I just read it as the NRL app, not the AFL one.

Reading through them there do seem to be plenty of complaints so be interesting to see what the NRL one is like. I won't be using it given the Foxtel Go app will be streaming all games live anyway.

Edwahu

Bench
I imagine some poor blokes in Bangalore are burning the midnight oil to get it out in time. Bit of a debacle really.

Rosetta

Juniors
NRL Live 2013 App

With the NRL Live 2013 official app you have access to every NRL game this season on your iPhone or Android™ Smartphone as its being broadcast on TV, with up to six live games every week. Plus you’ll always have the latest live scores, breaking news and comprehensive match highlights at your fingertips.

If you’re a Telstra mobile customer, the NRL Live 2013 app will be unmetered for you so there’s no need to worry about download charges.

PRICING

Available to all Australians on any Australian iPhone or Android Smartphone using either mobile or Wi-Fi connectivity.

$5.49 NRL Live 2013 Weekly iPhone Pass
Every NRL game, every week as it’s being broadcast on TV with up to six games LIVE and two on delay

$14.99 NRL Live 2013 Monthly Pass
Every NRL game, every week as it’s being broadcast on TV with up to six games LIVE and two on delay

$89.99 NRL Live 2013 Annual Pass
Every NRL game, every week as it’s being broadcast on TV up to with up to six games LIVE and two on delay

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/features-services

So I guess the big question for those without fox is will AirPlay work on the iPhone ?

If not there is good news , jailbreak your iPhone and you should be able to throw the phone image up on your TV with an Apple TV.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think the way I read that is that given I'm in England, it won't work?

Would jail breaking my phone get around that?

mepelthwack

Juniors
Sooooo.............

If I pay $90 now do I have to pay $90 again before origin 1 to watch on tablet then or will it be transferable?

Danish

Referee
so is this in the App Store yet or what? The unmetered for telstra customers is a good selling point as I'll basically only be using these streaming apps if I'm stuck at a party or out somewhere away from foxtel during the season so might actually be worthwhile over the foxtel app.

Edwahu

Bench
The press release links to the 2012 app. You would hope it updates and isn't seperate.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Sooooo.............

If I pay $90 now do I have to pay $90 again before origin 1 to watch on tablet then or will it be transferable?

Apparently the subs in the AFL are tied to the account so you can pay once to watch on both iPhone or iPad. Would assume it's the same deal for the NRL version

Rosetta

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/welcome-to-the-n...spx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Welcome to your new and improved NRL.com, the home of Rugby League online.

We have revamped NRL.com so the content you want is much easier to access and share with your friends.

From a new design and layout, video player, better functionality, in-depth player features, breaking news and official team lists, NRL.com is your one-stop destination for all your Rugby League news online.

NRL.com is relaunching for season 2013 with an all-new interface showcasing all levels of the game and providing fans with fun, easy and interactive access to all the latest content across the NRL, NRL clubs, NSWRL, QRL and One Community sites.

For the first time, Rugby League fans will be able to watch every NRL game, with up to six live games a week, on their iPhone or Android Smartphones via the Official NRL Live 2013 App. Matches on Channel 9 will be simulcast and those on Fox Sports will be live.

“We want people to have the best possible access to the greatest game of all,” says NRL CEO, Mr Dave Smith.

“The new NRL.com and NRL Live 2013 apps will bring members and fans closer to the action. It will connect them to the best Rugby League content on match day and every day in between.

“Innovation is a key factor in growing the game online and in giving our fans the best possible Rugby League experience.”

Group Managing Director for Telstra Media, Rick Ellis continues;

“Smartphones and tablet devices are becoming fundamental to how NRL fans connect to their footy and our partnership with the NRL gives us the chance to take full advantage of that and deliver new and exciting ways to make that happen,”

“For the first time, footy fans this season will be able to fire up the NRL Live 2013 app and watch Telstra Premiership games direct from their smartphone, regardless of their carrier.

“It’s not just the live game coverage on-the-go that will be spectacular.

“Our work with the NRL in setting up a full-time Digital Media production unit will provide a new level of depth of coverage including highlights, breaking news, press conferences and official NRL opinion.

“The official NRL Dream Team fantasy and tipping games add to what is set to be an unprecedented experience for Rugby League fans in 2013 and beyond.”

NRL.com’s match centre is back, allowing fans to follow live scores, stats and radio broadcast of all games, while the official fantasy and tipping games are bigger and better than ever before.

The new look NRL.com also makes it much easier for fans to connect through social media and share their favourite content with each including facebook, twitter, Google+ and Instagram.

Welcome to the new look NRL.com – your one-stop destination for all your Rugby League content online.

juro

Bench
What's it like trying to watch a game on a phone? Can't imagine it would be good on such a small screen. Also, how good is the streaming?

Edwahu

Bench
I'd think streaming should be ok since the resolution only needs to be small for a phone. Should be....

DMS

Juniors
When are these bozos gonna release the app for android.......I work shift work.....it's the only way I can watch

HankScorpio

Juniors
So I guess the big question for those without fox is will AirPlay work on the iPhone ?

If you have a 4S or 5 then you should be able to stream anything to the Apple TV, don't think it needs to be enabled in the app. Double tap and swipe to the left.

I wonder if you can watch through Xbox since they have Foxtel streaming services.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can't find this app, is it out yet or not? This thread is a bit confusing with some of the dead links that have been thrown around

Latest posts