What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much will Telstra charge for live games to Tablets and Mobiles?

How much would you pay for a season of live games to your Tablet of Phone?

• Total voters

Serc

First Grade
No apps have been released yet
This means you're not missing out on anything either DMS

BDR

First Grade
What's it like trying to watch a game on a phone? Can't imagine it would be good on such a small screen. Also, how good is the streaming?

When this eventually comes out I'm going to buy a weekend pass and trial throwing the app up on BlueStacks and watching the feed on my PC. Better internet connection, better screen to watch it on, it's not even illegal.

Hope it works, could be a platform for me to have a legitimate stream to my PC for the whole season.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
When this eventually comes out I'm going to buy a weekend pass and trial throwing the app up on BlueStacks and watching the feed on my PC. Better internet connection, better screen to watch it on, it's not even illegal.

Hope it works, could be a platform for me to have a legitimate stream to my PC for the whole season.

Nice find

GAZF

First Grade
I'm glad I don't have to rely on a Windows Phone app to watch the footy, could be waiting a while.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can't see anything on there that says it won't work overseas. It does require you have location services turned on though which means people can't watch what's on Friday night footy in the other state. I guess I'll just have to take the risk and buy a 1 week pass and see if it works abroad. Also curious to see how the on demand games will go, would love to be able to catch the Sunday games at a reasonable time without knowing the score.

steeden.

Juniors
89.99 for a year seems fairly good - I will definitely be getting it. does anyone know if the app will work with apple tv for streaming from an iPhone?

89.99 for a year seems fairly good - I will definitely be getting it. does anyone know if the app will work with apple tv for streaming from an iPhone?

Going by the foxtel GO app it wont for images , just for sound.

But if you jailbreak your phone and install the right tweak it will.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I can't see anything on there that says it won't work overseas. It does require you have location services turned on though which means people can't watch what's on Friday night footy in the other state. I guess I'll just have to take the risk and buy a 1 week pass and see if it works abroad. Also curious to see how the on demand games will go, would love to be able to catch the Sunday games at a reasonable time without knowing the score.

I will test it the same way. though I like the bluestacks idea, plus I searched for Location, and found the following on the bluestacks forum

"I overcome the GPS issue by installing an app via the app search on bluestacks app player called "Location Spoofer", it works well and allows you to enter the coordinates for your location which you can normally get from google maps. Once you have entered the coordinates of your location and you tick the option to override the GPS location all you do is press "start spoofing" and start using apps which use your location. The result should be the apps detect you are in the location that you set in location spoofer. The only downside is you have to set the coordinates each time you completely shutdown the bluestacks player."

Which is great, as if you run the program on a PC instead using bluestacks, then you should be able to trick the app into thinking you are coming from a country that gets the NRL for free. Now just to work out what those countries are.

ek999

First Grade
I will test it the same way. though I like the bluestacks idea, plus I searched for Location, and found the following on the bluestacks forum

"I overcome the GPS issue by installing an app via the app search on bluestacks app player called "Location Spoofer", it works well and allows you to enter the coordinates for your location which you can normally get from google maps. Once you have entered the coordinates of your location and you tick the option to override the GPS location all you do is press "start spoofing" and start using apps which use your location. The result should be the apps detect you are in the location that you set in location spoofer. The only downside is you have to set the coordinates each time you completely shutdown the bluestacks player."

Which is great, as if you run the program on a PC instead using bluestacks, then you should be able to trick the app into thinking you are coming from a country that gets the NRL for free. Now just to work out what those countries are.

USA gets all matches free on Livestream.com I think.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Says incompatible with my Samsung.

This is all very new to me so Ive got no idea what is going on.

I was prepared to buy a tablet with all this but it seems so unreliable.

Please help tech-heads?

DMS

Juniors
I just purchased this with my Samsung tablet......hope it works, got a Samsung galaxy 2 as well should work on one device hopefully

BDR

First Grade
Has anyone on Android actually gotten this to work? Everybody I've heard so far is getting "incompatible with your device" messages.

DMS

Juniors
I've got a Samsung tab 2 and I haven't received that message......said error when purchasing a couple of times and said to try again, I did and purchased, the app works for me but no videos available atm unless I'm doing something wrong

DMS

Juniors
I didn't get the choice of a week, Month and Season were the only options available.....does this app have a limit of how many devices it can be installed on?