What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How pathetic was the dive from Johns?

Alex28

Coach
f**k there are some sooks in this forum. It was hardly a dive - the Knights were in their attacking 20 with 4 tackles to play. I'd say he'd rather be up and trying to set up a try rather than laying on the ground.

Are tackles not allowed to rattle him because it is Andrew Johns?

I'm amazed how Canberra fans are such whinging little bitches tonight. Save your sooking for tonight when you get slaughtered by the Bulldogs...

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Claims that it was a dive are just plain ridiculous. It was only the second tackle, and within the 20 metre zone. Johns only stood to gain another one or two tackles for the Knights in the Sea Eagles' 20, and had to miss out on playing any part in the next few attacking plays in order to get it. The gain was minimal, and the risk was reasonably substantial - if the touch judge hadn't run in, play would have continued without Johns and the Knights attack might have ended without his input.

I'd also be interested to see how any of you handle having a guy like Matai running into you when you're standing upright and not braced for impact.

I am not a Johns fan, but the amount of idiocy that goes on in this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Pig Champion

Juniors
He got taken out, so it wasn't a dive, but he hammed it up. If you look again, he takes a quick break from his "injury" to look up and survey the landscape before returning to injury mode. He's a competitor and part of that is pushing things to the limit including such incidents.

JJ

Immortal
Johns' staying down stopped the ref looking at Carmont beingt held back from a possible try-scoring position... but it was a penalty

Is greeneyed the world's #1 sook... god,what is going to happen if the Raiders lose?

Master Vippo

Juniors
Not a dive, lets see how you like being on the end of a Matai shoulder charge when your looking the other way.

Idiot.

Gene Krupa

Referee
JJ said:
Is greeneyed the world's #1 sook... god,what is going to happen if the Raiders lose?

Excuses, excuses.

The refs farked us, Carney broke a nail, the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, the grass wasn't cut short enough for our slovenly forwards to get any penetration, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

aqua_duck

Coach
Mr Saab said:
He did the same in origin last yr.
QLD had many many sets on the attack and then johns "went down" with a cramp in the middle of the posts.
Gamesmanship....
Thats what it is exactly and seriously I don't see what the whole big fuss is about, you can't tell me that Johns is the only 1 guilty of it but it onbly gets brought up when it involves him.
People forget that this game is played in the mind as much as on the field and if you can not so much get your team a rest but stop your oppositions momentum then you can see why he'd fake a cramp or something.
On last nights incident, look he could've faked it but then again he did stay down for 2 rucks, and look players do often get rattled through minor contact, its not necessarily how hard you're hit but also depends on the angle and timing etc.
And if anyone wants to bring up the limping around and then no limp, well there is something called adreneline, a sudden surge of adreneline through the body can kind of make you forget about small niggles. Alot of people get hit in a fight and don't feel it straight away because they've got that much adreneline running through them......

Latest posts