What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Brisbane do in 2012 ?

Where will Brisbane finish ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newman

First Grade
Broncos post Lewis and Broncos post Langer were all s**t teams too.

I get your point but the Broncos are the exception, not the rule.When Wally left they had Alfie. When Alfie left they had Locky take over. Now Lockys gone the well appears to finally have run dry (when you are talking true superstars). They might unearth another superstar but it wont be in 2012. Brisbane supporters have been spoiled. Can you honestly not see the impact Locky had?

Look at Newcastle post Johns. They have had some capable sides but they are still suffering from the vacuum he left. Thats the path I reckon Brisvegas are going to go down.

Parker is 29, hardly ageing, he played 80 minutes a game most of last season.

Shit. I thought he was older than that. Must be the greys.

Have you actually been watching them through the last 5 years, let alone the last 12 months?

For people to suggest that moving on without Lockyer will be fine, and we'll have the off season to remedy a fix, (as others have) and so on is just laughable. Lockyer is world class, will be named an immortal at some stage in the coming years, and has been chief go to man and playmaker for the best part of the last 6 or 7 years after moving to 5/8 in 04. He was one of those rare play makers who actually read the game well in advance of it unfolding and so was able to direct manage and impact it so masterfully.

Better still, they have only won 30% of their games without him, tell me how that isn't going to be a significant change and hurdle for them in 2012?

Yes they have a quality roster, and have blooded some quality youngsters through recent years from whom they should see greater benefit in 2012. But it's a long year in a very competitive competition and there’s going to be plenty of weeks where the Lockyer direction and polish would have been the difference.

They still have a major problem at 9, Petro will offer little, they certainly need Hodges playing most weeks. They'll be competitive but mid table post Lockyer would be a good achievement.

^^ This ^^

Big Pete

Referee
newman said:
I get your point but the Broncos are the exception, not the rule.When Wally left they had Alfie. When Alfie left they had Locky take over. Now Lockys gone the well appears to finally have run dry (when you are talking true superstars). They might unearth another superstar but it wont be in 2012. Brisbane supporters have been spoiled. Can you honestly not see the impact Locky had?

Look at Newcastle post Johns. They have had some capable sides but they are still suffering from the vacuum he left. Thats the path I reckon Brisvegas are going to go down.

The Broncos are in a much better position to deal with the loss of their great in comparison to the Knights. The Knights had other issues to deal with than just the loss of Johns - financials, new coach and new players. Brisbane are better equipped in these departments and I sense a lot of confidence.

adamkungl said:
Broncos 2012 = Roosters 2005

I used to have similar concerns but I think we'll deal with our post-great year better than your lot did.

Again, it's a different situation. The Roosters banked 2005 on the back of 4 promising purchases and a number of debutants. Brisbane have already blooded their players and aside from the return of Civoniceiva, we haven't bought any new faces into the side.

I still don't think we'll win the premiership this year, but I'm expecting us to finish Top 8.

newman

First Grade
BigPete, I think you are massively underestimating the value of Locky. Maybe you are so predispositioned to success you cant possibly fathom how easy it is to fall of the perch so to speak.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I can see the Broncos losing a few close matches, which in the end will take it's toll.

10th.

Big Pete

Referee
If Lockyer was still around I'd consider us favourites. He's not, but I don't think we'll fall to a heap because of it. His involvement hasn't been as high as some of you might think.

blaza88z

Coach
Not really, bulldogs recruited gavet, graham, mcdougal.

Eels signed : sandow, tonga, tonga, hoppa, roberts, paulo, tautai, mannah.

even for 2011 they recruited more then we did.:lol::lol::lol:

hell the players the signed for 2012 onwards they spent more then we did in the past 2 seasons

stupid uneducated call.

f**k off idiot, your team bought the brisbane pack a few years back

blaza88z

Coach
I think all these people saying Brisbane are going to fall to a heap are saying it out of hope because this is the only year in a long time we are missing a champion player

yet we still have several Australian representatives in our side, it must be heartbreaking for you all, it really must

newman

First Grade
I think all these people saying Brisbane will be ok have become accustomed to having a true champion on the field all the time.

33% win rate minus Locky.

betcats

Referee
I think all these people saying Brisbane are going to fall to a heap are saying it out of hope because this is the only year in a long time we are missing a champion player

yet we still have several Australian representatives in our side, it must be heartbreaking for you all, it really must

Aww dont get upset, they're just predications.

blaza88z

Coach
I think all these people saying Brisbane will be ok have become accustomed to having a true champion on the field all the time.

33% win rate minus Locky.

that's a mug stat, most of the time locky was out we would have been missing alot of our other representatives

adamkungl

Immortal
Lol how butthurt is this guy getting over predictions. Can't wait til the losses start rolling in

AuDragon

Juniors
Taking into account last season, where we actually had a proper coach, and not only the results, but the manner in which the team played without Lockyer, I'm certainly confident we'll make the eight.

I'm not underestimating the loss of Lockyer, which may and probably will cost us a few close games only a champion like him could win. So I can't see us being genuíne title threats...
I'm sure no one is more aware of this than Griffin, who has coached many of these youngsters for quite a few years!

We'll still be one of the best defenses in the comp, but offensively the spine is indeed a big question mark, and much of the season rests on Wallace's ability to guide the team, McCullough's consistency, and what the new 5/8 brings.

The roster:

1- Hoffman (likely NZ Fullback, even though the competition is though with Locke as incumbent)
2- Beale (NZ rep)
3- Reed (England rep)
4- Hodges (Qld and Aus rep)
5- Yow Yeh (Qld and Aus rep)
6- Norman (quality player, but inconsistent and very raw still)
7- Wallace (ex NSW rep, will Lockyer's absence make him better or worse?)
8- Ben Hannant (Qld and Aus rep)
9- McCullough (still young and quite inconsistent, but improved dramatically over the course of the season)
10- Petero Civoneciva (Qld and Aus rep, despite his age still one of the best props in the game)
11- Alex Glenn (NZ rep)
12- Sam Thaiday (Qld and Aus rep, new captaincy will hopefully make him even better)
13- Parker (Qld and Aus rep)

14- Hunt (still young, but one year experience richer as a backup hooker)
15- Te'o (emerging Qld rep)
16- Gillett (emerging Qld rep)
17- McGuire (emerging Qld rep)

Anderson (reliable prop, good backup)
Hala (young promissing prop who will learn a lot from Petero)
Dodds (excellent defense, needs more impact and go forward)
Capewell (backup halve, honestly an unknown to me)
Baptiste (potentially the future hooker of the Broncos if McCullough doesn't perform)
Copley (still young and raw, question mark whether he can go to another level)
Lui (another young forward who will massively benefit from Petero's teachings)
Frei (promissing young forward)
Gagai (star in the making, needs polishing)
Kahu (as above)

There are a few players trialling as well from feeder clubs, but I doubt we'll discover a third gem, after unearthing Gillett and Reed in two consecutive years...

blaza88z

Coach
We have recruited far less then the eels the past 2 years, spent far less then them in the past couple of seasons then they have the past season.

Wake up you muppet.

I dont care how much youve bought in comparison to how much eels have bought, I am telling you that your team bought the brisbane pack a few years ago

some11

Referee
I dont care how much youve bought in comparison to how much eels have bought, I am telling you that your team bought the brisbane pack a few years ago

3 years ago, now Hannant is back and its the best pack the club has had in some time.

Why let somone's opinion on a forum no less rile you up :lol:

Latest posts