What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How well will Brisbane do in 2012 ?

Where will Brisbane finish ?

• 1st-4th

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • 5th-8th

Votes: 71 47.0%
  • 9th-12th

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • 13th-16th

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
Im predicting the Bronx will have one of their worst seasons since inception.

Petero is ancient now and was looking tired last year. Thaiday and Parker are no spring chickens and cant do everything. Hodges is great but inconsistent and injury plagued. The rest of their squad are mid tier first graders.

The big thing for mine is that when the going got tough in big games and even tight games that werent that big they were able to toss the ball to Lockyer and that freak was able to get them a win somehow more cases than not. The Broncos have been conditioned to do it for a decade. Now who's gonna save em in a clutch? Wallace? Glenn? Please. Lockyer just did so many little one percenters that put the Bronx on the front foot. Without him and with a reasonably untested coach, I'm predicting a slump, and I'm gonna enjoy it.

13th.

you're right, we've been conditioned to throw the ball to a half to provide the creativity

oh wait, so have 15 other teams.. hahaha one of your best :lol:

newman

First Grade
you're right, we've been conditioned to throw the ball to a half to provide the creativity

And your half was one of the best, consistently, for over 10 years and was predispotioned to win. That's why you won LOTS of games. Now your halves are well below the benchmark do you think that your winning percentage in 2012 will be like past successful seasons? And don't feed me this "we went ok when locky was playing origin" crap. because a) it's reasonably easy to get a young team "up" for a couple of weeks at a time- its the week in, week out grind that finds em out and b) your opposition was missing quality all over the park too.

adamkungl

Immortal

Don't worry, I'm sure Wallace can provide the same quality as Lockyer...

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Gun pack, Hodges healthy is great problem is he never is. Hoffman is a good exciting prospect as is Yow Yeh although he has a fair few problems to work out in his defense. Reed looks the goods hopefully backs it up. No one is going to be able to replace Lockyer on their books they are all garbage, Wallace is average at best, hooker is garbage. 3/4 key positons pretty weak for them. If Lockyer stuck round another year i think they may of been a real force for the top 4.

To miss the 8, just.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Gun pack, Hodges healthy is great problem is he never is. Hoffman is a good exciting prospect as is Yow Yeh although he has a fair few problems to work out in his defense. Reed looks the goods hopefully backs it up. Halves are garbage as is the hooker, thats 3/4 key positions filled with crap.

To miss the 8, just.

I agree with your final prediction, but it's a bit rich you having a go at another side's 9 when yours is just about the worst in the comp

blaza88z

Coach
And your half was one of the best, consistently, for over 10 years and was predispotioned to win. That's why you won LOTS of games. Now your halves are well below the benchmark do you think that your winning percentage in 2012 will be like past successful seasons? And don't feed me this "we went ok when locky was playing origin" crap. because a) it's reasonably easy to get a young team "up" for a couple of weeks at a time- its the week in, week out grind that finds em out and b) your opposition was missing quality all over the park too.

it's hard to sift through your crap because I know a majority of it is just envy because my team has been successful for so long, he played half for over 10 years did he? that's interesting, you're obviously a knowledgeable individual

we've always bred successful halves, the only one we haven't bred would be Wallace, I find it funny you name the "rest of the squad" as mid tier first graders, our worst season was when Ivan was in charge and we all know he had absolutely no man management abilities and even then we barely missed the 8, you don't think these promising youngsters will improve off the back of 2 seasons? perhaps you're about to tell me there's something known as 3rd year syndrome, I don't know what you'll tell me but I know it's going to be fuelled with envy

anyway name me a team who made the 8 JUST because they had a world class half? are you stupid enough to believe a half can work behind a "mid-tier" pack and still be as successful as we were last season

also as for your origin statement, I'd say we lost a hell of a lot more quality from our team then any of the teams we played against but that's just what I'd say, why do 2nd rowers need to be spring chickens? they're not on the wing ffs

the difference between brisbane and any other team who has just lose a once in a lifetime half is you know we have the depth, it's unfair but it's my team

Gun pack, Hodges healthy is great problem is he never is. Hoffman is a good exciting prospect as is Yow Yeh although he has a fair few problems to work out in his defense. Reed looks the goods hopefully backs it up. No one is going to be able to replace Lockyer on their books they are all garbage, Wallace is average at best, hooker is garbage. 3/4 key positons pretty weak for them. If Lockyer stuck round another year i think they may of been a real force for the top 4.

To miss the 8, just.

So because they have a good forward pack, decent backs but shit halves they will miss the 8?

Interesting...

DoggiesBro

Juniors
So because they have a good forward pack, decent backs but shit halves they will miss the 8?

Interesting...

Not just shit halfs, shit 9.

They have noone to direct them at all.

They also have to get use to not having Lockyer there to do it, after a few games it will sink in and thats when they will really struggle in my opinion. Late year push as the forwards start to fire and carry them.

Last edited:

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I agree with your final prediction, but it's a bit rich you having a go at another side's 9 when yours is just about the worst in the comp

Didn't have a go at the 9, just called it like it is.

I'm not a Dragon fan mate, i'm a Dog fan, we have the NSW Hooker. You know the one picked ahead of Robbie Farah? They both shit on most hookers in the comp. Hell after Cam Smith they would be the next group with Nathan Friend.

Didn't have a go at the 9, just called it like it is.

I'm not a Dragon fan mate, i'm a Dog fan, we have the NSW Hooker. You know the one picked ahead of Robbie Farah? They both shit on most hookers in the comp. Hell after Cam Smith they would be the next group with Nathan Friend.

And they have Peter Wallace at 7 who has played SOO.

If you think the Dogs are gonna have a better year than the Broncos you're deluded.

Their backs shit all over yours and i'd say their forward pack would at least be as good as yours. You have the worst 6 and 7 in the comp but because you have Michael Ennis, who couldn't control a game to save his life, you will make the 8 and they won't?

DoggiesBro

Juniors
And they have Peter Wallace at 7 who has played SOO.

If you think the Dogs are gonna have a better year than the Broncos you're deluded.

Their backs shit all over yours and i'd say their forward pack would at least be as good as yours. You have the worst 6 and 7 in the comp but because you have Michael Ennis, who couldn't control a game to save his life, you will make the 8 and they won't?

LOL, one this isn't about the dogs you muppet. Two peter wallace played oriign years ago when he looked like a different player.

He has not been a shadow of that since.

Their backs are better then ours especially if Hodges is healthy. Come to think of it they shit all over yours too.

We have one of the worst 6's in Keating but who's to say he will get a gig? From what i've seen of Reynolds he could be a good replacement. Hodkinson is far from the worst halfback in the game, hell your half is no better. At least Hodkinson won't lose us 5 games in every 10. I wouldn't even be talking about Michael Ennis with your garbage 9. Talk about worst in the league.

Anyway back to topic Broncos in my opinion will STRUGGLE to overcome the loss of Lockyer, will really cause some problems for the club however at some point will have a surge with the forward pack they have they couldn't not. For the record the Broncos pack is better then the Dogs and shits on the Eels. Not to mention the eels have a shit coach who has only succesfully lead the Eel for a round 26 battle for the spoon along with some international loses.

Two sides to peoples views on the loss of Lockyer is, the kids and others will step up and will not effect them, the other is they will struggle hard and miss him bigtime especially in the close games or big games. I think the last one.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
it's hard to sift through your crap because I know a majority of it is just envy because my team has been successful for so long, he played half for over 10 years did he? that's interesting, you're obviously a knowledgeable individual

we've always bred successful halves, the only one we haven't bred would be Wallace, I find it funny you name the "rest of the squad" as mid tier first graders, our worst season was when Ivan was in charge and we all know he had absolutely no man management abilities and even then we barely missed the 8, you don't think these promising youngsters will improve off the back of 2 seasons? perhaps you're about to tell me there's something known as 3rd year syndrome, I don't know what you'll tell me but I know it's going to be fuelled with envy

anyway name me a team who made the 8 JUST because they had a world class half? are you stupid enough to believe a half can work behind a "mid-tier" pack and still be as successful as we were last season

also as for your origin statement, I'd say we lost a hell of a lot more quality from our team then any of the teams we played against but that's just what I'd say, why do 2nd rowers need to be spring chickens? they're not on the wing ffs

the difference between brisbane and any other team who has just lose a once in a lifetime half is you know we have the depth, it's unfair but it's my team

So you admit that the worst season you ever had was when you barely missed the 8 under Henjak. That would mean that it wouldn't be very hard to have your poorest year on record. All signs point to that next year I'm afraid, and envy or not, I'm going to enjoy it. The Broncos have been given a rails run, partially through good management, good luck and leg ups by the NRL and ch9 for a long time now. It's time they struggled and their supporters got a reality check to understand what it is really like to "struggle"

So sorry I didn't clarify that Locky didn't play half his whole career. 10 years ago he was still a dominant fullback and champion player. I might just hurl myself off a cliff.

Mid tier is a fair assessment of your players who aren't in rep teams. They aren't the worst players in the comp in their respective positions, and they ain't the best. Mid tier. Dry your eyes mate every club has their share of them and next year the Broncos have more than they are used to, and with rubbish halves and an ageing forward pack you can't fairly say 2012 looks positive for the Bronx, particularly by their usual standards and expectations.

LOL, one this isn't about the dogs you muppet. Two peter wallace played oriign years ago when he looked like a different player.

He has not been a shadow of that since.

Their backs are better then ours especially if Hodges is healthy. Come to think of it they shit all over yours too.

We have one of the worst 6's in Keating but who's to say he will get a gig? From what i've seen of Reynolds he could be a good replacement. Hodkinson is far from the worst halfback in the game, hell your half is no better. At least Hodkinson won't lose us 5 games in every 10. I wouldn't even be talking about Michael Ennis with your garbage 9. Talk about worst in the league.

Anyway back to topic Broncos in my opinion will STRUGGLE to overcome the loss of Lockyer, will really cause some problems for the club however at some point will have a surge with the forward pack they have they couldn't not. For the record the Broncos pack is better then the Dogs and shits on the Eels. Not to mention the eels have a shit coach who has only succesfully lead the Eel for a round 26 battle for the spoon along with some international loses.

Two sides to peoples views on the loss of Lockyer is, the kids and others will step up and will not effect them, the other is they will struggle hard and miss him bigtime especially in the close games or big games. I think the last one.

I was planning on replying but then you said Hodkinson was better than Sandow.

If you're that geniused nothing i say will get through to you anyway.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
I was planning on replying but then you said Hodkinson was better than Sandow.

If you're that geniused nothing i say will get through to you anyway.

I said he is no better, which is true, your the idiot calling Hodkinson the worst half in the game, he can't be that bad. With Ennis out for most of the year, with Keating the garbage 5/8 and Roberts the even worse garbage 5/8 ( the one kept out by Keating thats how bad he is ) he still had us fighting for the 8. Had some cracking games once Dymock took over. Can't wait to see him with Des back in charge.

Sandow will lose as many games as he wins. One play makes a master play, nexts play lets in a try or a line break from a pathetic attempt to tackle or shoulder charge, the next play with the ball he makes the worst decision there is.

He is also massively overpaid at 500k.

He looked average for half the bunnies game with far better backs and forwards and they still missed the 8.

Future to repeat? Round 26 battle for the spoon perhaps?

Anyway try to let your love for the dogs go and let this stay on the BRONCOS, like i did before you dribbled shit.

Reason i think broncos will struggle is i dont think they will deal with the loss of lockyer nor do they have anything in there spine excpet hoffman who is very promising. Reason i think the dogs can do better is Ennis and Hodkinson are capable of doing a job and directing with Barba to improve on a leading try scorer year.

Move on.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade
anyway name me a team who made the 8 JUST because they had a world class half? are you stupid enough to believe a half can work behind a "mid-tier" pack and still be as successful as we were last season Of course more goes into success than a decent half, but I would argue that plenty of good squads with rubbish halves missed out on the 8 whereas a truly world class half like Lockyer can lift those around him. How long have Parra been trying to replace Sterling? Newcastle are still rattled by losing Johns. Lockyer will be an immortal. An immortal. They come along about once in a very long cycle and very few clubs will boast more than one. It's madness to insinuate that he can be easily covered, particularly when he was such a dominant playmaker.

the difference between brisbane and any other team who has just lose a once in a lifetime half is you know we have the depth, it's unfair but it's my team. Thats the madness I was talking about. Who is going to replace your "once in a lifetime half" exactly. How does your depth cover that? You went from Lewis to Alfie to Locky to".........[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the shit formatting, I'm struggling with this new iPad.

I said he is no better, which is true, your the idiot calling Hodkinson the worst half in the game, he can't be that bad. With Ennis out for most of the year, with Keating the garbage 5/8 and Roberts the even worse garbage 5/8 ( the one kept out by Keating thats how bad he is ) he still had us fighting for the 8. Had some cracking games once Dymock took over. Can't wait to see him with Des back in charge.

Sandow will lose as many games as he wins. One play makes a master play, nexts play lets in a try or a line break from a pathetic attempt to tackle or shoulder charge, the next play with the ball he makes the worst decision there is.

He is also massively overpaid at 500k.

He looked average for half the bunnies game with far better backs and forwards and they still missed the 8.

Future to repeat? Round 26 battle for the spoon perhaps?

Anyway try to let your love for the dogs go and let this stay on the BRONCOS, like i did before you dribbled shit.

Reason i think broncos will struggle is i dont think they will deal with the loss of lockyer nor do they have anything in there spine excpet hoffman who is very promising. Reason i think the dogs can do better is Ennis and Hodkinson are capable of doing a job and directing with Barba to improve on a leading try scorer year.

Move on.

You think we are paying him 500k? What does his salary have to do with how good he is?

Everyone looked average at the Rabbitohs haha. It's the Rabbitohs ffs. He was their best player and came 7th in Dally M voting so he was obviously doing something right.

I like it how you say we should stay on the Broncos then not three sentences later you're back talking about the Buydogs.

Anyway. You're right. Back on topic.

Broncos 5-8 for me. Could even push top 4 depending on how their young players kick on.

Latest posts